Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the attraction to Arcann?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What's the attraction to Arcann?

Thruine
10.25.2017 , 04:48 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
I think there’s a huge divide between bottling up your emotions(which the Jedi already do) and going completely *******. Expressing normal degrees of emotion on a regular basis would act like a release valve so you don’t bottle it all up until it explodes. I think she would be far more likely to encounter a situation that would completely set her off if she continues to fight in a war (where for example she may see friends murdered right in front of her, civilians massacred, herself injured, tortured, etc...) than if she were tucked safely away on some backwater with her son leading a normal life. I also feel that the guilt of abandoning him and the resentment of having to give him up because of the Jedi and the “greater good” would realistically eat at her and also possibly lead to the dark side.

But yeah the lore is inconsistent and makes no sense.
I just think that was what they were going for. But the lore is absolute scatterbrained on so much. Some can lead fine lives without issue while others are off the charts dangerous. We have so many examples of Jedis even just getting a hang nail and falling to the dark side. Or a good talking to brings someone back from it. They play so fast and loose with exactly how things work that none of it makes sense really. Certainly the Jedi and Sith couldn't function in the real world and I still have to suspend major amounts of disbelief they do in this one.

Nefla
10.25.2017 , 06:09 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadagyt View Post
Well... after the romance, that would be his bed too
Well, that’s gonna be awkward...someone install some anti-Lana blast doors. The same ones that she couldn’t budge when rescuing us will do.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Nefla, we agree on something!

Satele could have done just that - retired to some quiet planet to raise Theron. If he'd turned out to be Force sensitive, she could have trained him herself. Since the Jedi pride themselves on forgiveness, she probably could have returned to the order at some point when he was grown, if she wanted. She chose the order over her kid, and it did affect him negatively.
I agree with you on things, just not Lana related things lol

I feel like Satele had a massive ego, she thought that she alone was so important and that the war would be lost without her supreme contributions -_-

IoNonSoEVero
10.25.2017 , 07:49 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
I agree with you on things, just not Lana related things lol

I feel like Satele had a massive ego, she thought that she alone was so important and that the war would be lost without her supreme contributions -_-
LOL, true, I just file my sweetheart into "topics we should probably not discuss with each other" now.

Satele does seem to have a huge ego, and she probably did think that she was the only one who could keep it all going. The bit in KOTFE where she was regretting some of her actions surprised me as much as my character. I still love the bit in the Black Talon where she says "let's solve this conflict together" to the player and then - no matter how polite and willing to talk you are - she makes it clear that nothing is actually up for discussion.

I still think it's awful that in KOTFE she's literally right next door to the Odessen base and never bothers even trying to reach out to Theron, except for that email.

Eshvara
10.25.2017 , 07:51 AM | #264
LOL, true, I just file my sweetheart into "topics we should probably not discuss with each other" now.

Satele does seem to have a huge ego, and she probably did think that she was the only one who could keep it all going. The bit in KOTFE where she was regretting some of her actions surprised me as much as my character. I still love the bit in the Black Talon where she says "let's solve this conflict together" to the player and then - no matter how polite and willing to talk you are - she makes it clear that nothing is actually up for discussion.

I still think it's awful that in KOTFE she's literally right next door to the Odessen base and never bothers even trying to reach out to Theron, except for that email.
Didn't she try and attempt to talk to Theron at some point but he didn't want to? Or am I mistaken.
#Arcannite
For The Empire

IoNonSoEVero
10.25.2017 , 07:57 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Didn't she try and attempt to talk to Theron at some point but he didn't want to? Or am I mistaken.
Not in KOTFE. I think there might be something in SoR, but I can't remember now. In KOTFE she sends him an email after that chapter where you're in the Odessen wilderness but she never does anything else to reach out. And if you tell Lana and Theron that you met Satele, he's totally surprised to learn she's been nearby.

Tadagyt
10.25.2017 , 05:33 PM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
She sent an email to Theron and Lana hacked it. In that mail, Satele wasn't happy at all. According to Lana, she said nasty things about us, so she sent a different mail to Theron instead.
It's in one of Lana's mails.

Considering the outlander wants to contact Satele after Umbara, that meeting will be... awkward... can't wait!!! I wonder if she'll blame us
Theronite & Arcannite

Long live the Empire!

IoNonSoEVero
10.25.2017 , 06:06 PM | #267
She sent an email to Theron and Lana hacked it. In that mail, Satele wasn't happy at all. According to Lana, she said nasty things about us, so she sent a different mail to Theron instead.

Considering the outlander wants to contact Satele after Umbara, that meeting will be... awkward... can't wait!!! I wonder if she'll blame us
That's only if the player attempts to kill/attack Satele at the end of that chapter. If that doesn't happen (and some of my characters don't even get the attack/kill option - I don't know why), Lana doesn't comment on the email or edit it.

What's funny is that earlier in the game you learn that both Lana and Theron are intercepting and reading everyone's emails, because they both FWD things that they've grabbed from other NPCs.

Asmodesu
10.25.2017 , 06:08 PM | #268

I thought that email outcome was only if you tried to attack Satele in the chapter with ehr and Marr. None of my characters got it, but a friend told me what he did and that he got it.
Makes sense she'd try and warn Theron if you attacked her, I also found it hilarious that Lana and Theron intercept all the mail.
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath

Tadagyt
10.25.2017 , 06:57 PM | #269
That's only if the player attempts to kill/attack Satele at the end of that chapter. If that doesn't happen (and some of my characters don't even get the attack/kill option - I don't know why), Lana doesn't comment on the email or edit it.

What's funny is that earlier in the game you learn that both Lana and Theron are intercepting and reading everyone's emails, because they both FWD things that they've grabbed from other NPCs.
I guess I play too many dark siders
Theronite & Arcannite

Long live the Empire!

IoNonSoEVero
10.25.2017 , 07:22 PM | #270
I guess I play too many dark siders
What's weird is that I only play Imperials, usually Sith, I am usually pretty polite to Satele and let her help along with Marr...and sometimes the option has popped up and sometimes it hasn't, even when replaying the same character through the chapter. I am not sure if it's triggered by alignment only or something else...