Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What are your gripes with the game at the moment?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Lionflash
01.03.2017 , 12:57 PM | #21

I'm confused
Isn't this the entire purpose of the General Discussion forum?

Skummy
01.03.2017 , 12:59 PM | #22
Never really had a problem with the game raided once a week played pvp when im on all day. gear was easy enough to obtain if you had half a brain. Dont play a korean mmo because im an american and dont like to sit there and grind all day....atm tera a korean mmo has a better loot system than a american made mmo. Top that with no new real endgame content. even if it was a small scale fp like lost island back in 1.0.
StarForge/Satele Shan

ColorfulCaiques
01.03.2017 , 01:02 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
The game is now awesome, the forums are crap, filled with "bitter vets" who whine, cry, threaten to leave, but won't actually do us the favor of leaving.
These "bitter vets" are the ones who have sustained the game for as long it's been able to, despite numerous amounts of shortcomings and blunders SWTOR has gone through, that no other generic MMO would have been able to overcome.

Do you really want this game to die? I'm honestly starting to believe people who blindly defend a game yet want "haters" to just unsub and leave are the true "haters".
Don't flatter yourself, EA/BW. I'm just here by the grace of a referral.

LordArtemis
01.03.2017 , 01:03 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
The game is now awesome, the forums are crap, filled with "bitter vets" who whine, cry, threaten to leave, but won't actually do us the favor of leaving.
I think it is likely that Bioware would not share that opinion...

Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post

I'm confused
Isn't this the entire purpose of the General Discussion forum?
General discussion of the game, yes. I am unsure if you're trying to make a point or are serious about your confusion.

Thanks for your replies so far guys, good reading.

JennyFlynn
01.03.2017 , 01:08 PM | #25
- Galactic Command; I'm not saying go back to 4.0 but a compromise between the 4.0 system and the current one would be nice, as well as less RNG. You reach rank 10, you get guaranteed bracers statted for your class/role.

- Story; As much as I enjoyed playing through FE/ET, I miss the classic story telling. The age old divide between the Republic and Empire. I care little for this third power in the galaxy and as I saw someone mention in their signature once 'Keeping up with the Valkorions".

- Story; Pt 2 I guess. I miss the old class based story and companion stories. Having my guys with me on my ship, traveling the galaxy to take down foes such as Darth Angral, to work my way up from slave to Darth Nox and so forth.

- Lack of communication from the devs; Though I fully understand why they cannot always provide answers as even "maybe" usually leads to people hearing "Yes we will!"... I'm also a little frustrated with the lack of responses and answers at times. Streams tend to feel like they're saying tons without ever actually telling us anything and I do 'hate' their avoidance on certain sensitive subjects like the way they've been ignoring further discussion on companions which again I understand but it's also aggravating.

- Over focus on Cartel Market; It feels like (and I don't know if that's actually the case) they're spending more time and resources on constantly compiling new gamble boxes and reskins and such to sell on the CM than they do focusing on actual content and bug fixing.

- Negligence of core game features; Far too many bugs dating back years which still haven't been fixed, features such as the Legacy system having been abandoned, Ops though I personally don't engage in them could use updates and new content and so much more.

- Wasting time and resources on questionable changes; This is speaking from my own point of view obviously but I really don't see why they'd sit and redesign the way in which we unpack crates. To create a fancy overlay window and, in my eyes, more hassle to unpack stuff when I far prefer the old way of open up and move to inventory, done. Seems like a waste to me.

I'm sure there's other stuff that's just not crossing my mind right now but yeah.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

ColorfulCaiques
01.03.2017 , 01:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I think it is likely that Bioware would not share that opinion...

General discussion of the game, yes. I am unsure if you're trying to make a point or are serious about your confusion.

Thanks for your replies so far guys, good reading.
Artemis, he was simply saying in a cheeky way that your thread is kind of irrelevant because this whole forum is where most players dump their gripes.
Don't flatter yourself, EA/BW. I'm just here by the grace of a referral.

Anishor
01.03.2017 , 01:14 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
RNG gearing and the lack of new group content is all - no need to complicate it beyond that.

We didn't play just to get gear prior to 5.0...we played because we liked the game and it was an easy game to have multiple 'main' toons in...but now, the whole RNG/CXP gearing crap is just highlighting how little has been added and how little there is to do after completing a few things.
This is it.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

LordArtemis
01.03.2017 , 01:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ColorfulCaiques View Post
Artemis, he was simply saying in a cheeky way that your thread is kind of irrelevant because this whole forum is where most players dump their gripes.
Ah, fair enough.

Lionflash
01.03.2017 , 01:24 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Ah, fair enough.
Yeah I was being a butt

My main gripe is that GSF isn't legacy and if this is [VETERAN] mode for chapters... what the heck is [MASTER] mode gonna do to us? Kick our pets and delete our hard drives?

Anzel
01.03.2017 , 01:31 PM | #30
-- Cartel GAMBLING packs are so stupid and terrible and a shameless money grab from addicts
-- Command System GAMBLING packs are so stupid and terrible
-- Alliance GAMBLING crates are so stupid and terrible
-- Cartel Dyes don't unlock in collections
-- Tunings don't unlock in collections
-- Cartel Certificates are gone after spending thousands of actual dollars on Cartel Reputation
-- The Legacy system has been abandoned and is useless
-- PvP is a terrble joke of a freeze tag mini game (STUN STUN SNARE STUN KNOCKBACK STUN)
-- Ranked PvP is stupid
-- We pay $15 to get access to GAMBLING packs
-- Weapons are not part of the outfit customization system
-- Companions can't have multiple outfits
-- New companions can't be customized at all
-- Companions don't gain XP/influence the way characters do. You feed them trinkets??????
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006