Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Any chance a balance pass is in order? (Companions and Heroic Moment OP)

Reno_Tarshil
10.21.2015 , 02:15 PM | #11
I think a feedback patch is in order to fix some issues that do not make lore sense Like Andronikus or Corso. And some Bug Fixes. And ability adjustment.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

lightSaberAddiCt
10.21.2015 , 02:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Comp DPS and healers were slightly worse than a human player; and that was fine. Comp tanks couldn't hold aggro, which made them pointless
Honestly never found a point where I needed a comp tank, even with my healer. Crowd control and burn down with a dps is alot faster.

lightSaberAddiCt
10.21.2015 , 02:16 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Highlandscot View Post
The expansion is two days old and you're already going to whinge that we need a balance pass? Seriously?

You don't like Heroic Moment? Don't use it. You have complaints about people that don't know what to do in Flashpoints? Don't PUG 'em, get guildmates and knock them out that way.

Companions are OP? Tough. How someone else plays the game shouldn't affect your enjoyment of it.

I just so sorry that your epeen-eliteness is somehow negatively impacted by how others choose to play the game.
Wow...thanks for proving OPs point

NeroTethras
10.21.2015 , 02:19 PM | #14
All the content you can get through with a companion and this ability has always been, and probably always will be a joke. Nerfing these things most likely won't change that.
Jake: You know there's also a dead Iguana in your pocket?
Amir:...Or am I just happy to see you?
Jake: It's a dead Iguana.
Amir: I'm also happy to see you.

jstankaroslo
10.21.2015 , 02:19 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Honestly never found a point where I needed a comp tank, even with my healer. Crowd control and burn down with a dps is alot faster.
I loved Tano with my commando, and Qyzen with my Sage. They could take a lot of beating, while I did damage.

Now is a bit anti-climatic. Mako as a tank? Kaliyo as a healer? Doc as a dps? I still use my companions in their original roles. But they ARE too powerful now

jstankaroslo
10.21.2015 , 02:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by NeroTethras View Post
All the content you can get through with a companion and this ability has always been, and probably always will be a joke. Nerfing these things most likely won't change that.
but they also removed Heroics 4+
Is there any challenging content left?

IanArgent
10.21.2015 , 02:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
I'm just not that good a healer
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

JamieKirby
10.21.2015 , 02:24 PM | #18
I personally found the companions useless beyond class quest requirements and crew skill missions, i just used Treek exclusively, unless the class quest required otherwise, since the only other choice for a healer is depending on your class, could be a cool companion or a really annoying one....which puts me back to just using treek.

Most players complaining about it being too easy tend to think if you are not having your *** handed to you, its too easy.

Asroha
10.21.2015 , 02:26 PM | #19
The companions are now on par with the godmode GSI droid from the solo flashpoints on Manaan, etc. The entire point of 4.0 was to further monetize the game and remove barriers to content, even if that means serving up said content on a cutscene platter.

Don't count on anything with companions being changed at this point. If this were unintended, the servers would have been brought down immediately after patching to fix it. Nope, Bioware is now fully committed to delivering a "cinematic" experience, complete with the "Classic Conversation Presentation" ala 2004.

They've got all their chips on the table now, and considering the JJWars movie release in December, they want the money from the movie tie-ins. F2p didn't work, and this is Bioware's last shot at bringing new players into their F2P model.

The Star Wars IP just wasn't destined for MMO greatness...

ZeridanShear
10.21.2015 , 02:28 PM | #20
So.....just don't put any influence into your companions if you don't like them doing so much damage/healing/tanking?