Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are people against a LFG Tool

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are people against a LFG Tool

Enistre
12.20.2011 , 11:29 PM | #1
I don't understand the argument. A LFG tool would not be any less social than how things are now.

The argument, is that it prevents people from having to talk with one another to form their groups, and once the group is made, if you like them, you add them to your friends list.

This is reasonable, but if you take a LFG Tool, that is server side only, your point is mute.

Spamming LF HEALER FOR SUCH AND SUCH FP in General is not being social, and once they respond: I'll do your instance, invite me~

Guess what? That's exactly what the tool does, without the General Spamming, without the sitting in the Space Station doing nothing, but watching General Chat Spam waiting for that special some one who's paying attention, and it saves General Chat for people who actually want to use it.

Please stop saying this is a bad idea. The opinion that it takes away from the social aspect of the game, is bad.

Darkfailz
12.20.2011 , 11:32 PM | #2
The tool isn't needed, however a server wide LFG chat would be nice.
9/29/11... Never forget

CE Yo

Kashaan
12.20.2011 , 11:34 PM | #3
Because there already is a LFG tool!
Pro-Addon, but also Pro-regulation. Working to keep addons that do more harm than good out of the game.

RachelAnne
12.20.2011 , 11:34 PM | #4
Go play wow a few weeks and you know why it is a bad idea to implement such a tool. Vanila wow --> best MMO ever (together with ultima), WOTLK wow ---> worst MMO ever.

Enistre
12.20.2011 , 11:34 PM | #5
Your response doesn't make sense. Why would you prefer a server-wide LFG channel that get's spammed 24/7 versus a neat and tidy tool that saves you the effort?

I want a good reason why a LFG tool -takes away- from the game.

Farhes
12.20.2011 , 11:35 PM | #6
Hit O and check LFG, there is your system.

Sarfux
12.20.2011 , 11:38 PM | #7
there is an lfg tool..people just need to use it for it to be useful

see see.

1. click social window
2. click who tab
3. click "looking for a group?"
4. set lfg comment to what you need help with

and don't forget to always spread the word around about how easy is actually is!! spread the word my friends, spread the word
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Sendrel
12.20.2011 , 11:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Enistre View Post
I want a good reason why a LFG tool -takes away- from the game.
Hope you brought a book and/or packed a lunch. You're going to be here a while.

Enistre
12.20.2011 , 11:41 PM | #9
The tool is terrible.

But, I guess anytime some one suggests improvements, they warrant such responses as: You suck. It works fine. Go back to your other MMO. If you don't like it stop playing. Everything is perfect the way it is. We don't need suggestions. We don't need improvements. Your idea that an improvement should be recommended is an insult on this game. You're just a baddie.

That's how progression happens, right?

Caelrie
12.20.2011 , 11:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by RachelAnne View Post
Go play wow a few weeks and you know why it is a bad idea to implement such a tool. Vanila wow --> best MMO ever (together with ultima), WOTLK wow ---> worst MMO ever.
The LFD tool in WoW is a huge success that millions of players love, so that's not going to help your case.