Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Letīs be honest. SWTOR is pretty solid MMO arround.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Letīs be honest. SWTOR is pretty solid MMO arround.

Gungan
04.04.2012 , 12:49 PM | #11
Quote:
4. SWTOR offer more chalenege. Heroics and Flashpoints are more difficult that the similar areas from WoW. You must group to complete them and this feature push people together. Itīs good thing.
Complete lie. They are easier than anything in WoW. My guild cleared hard mode EV on our first try. You can skip vast sections of many flashpoints too, and only maybe Kaon requires any kind of CC to complete on hard mode.

Quote:
SWTOR is the most grouping-friendly games I played. People are grouping in this game quite easily.
Also nonsense. When I was actually actively trying to group with strangers, it took me hours, upon hours, upon hours to find one as a tank. Then I gave up trying and just raid with my guild.

SWTOR is a good game (not great, but good), but it lacks soul, and that undefined quality that makes you want to keep playing. I don't seem to have any problem staying away from SWTOR for 4/7 non-raid nights a week. I couldn't stay away from my last MMO for that long if my life depended on it - I always had something to do.

kidatwood
04.04.2012 , 12:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Orrow View Post
SWTOR is a good single player game, however its a mediocre at best MMO. Certainly not living up to the pre-launch hype of a innovative next generation MMO that will last years.
Besides the story they never said what your claiming they said.

Blondesolid
04.04.2012 , 12:54 PM | #13
The Kotor part was fun.
It needs jboots.

Celebrus
04.04.2012 , 12:58 PM | #14
Quote:
1. SW lore is cool. This is it. Itīs very difficult to make SW lore unintresting, and this is not a case. Bioware nailed quite well the overall look and feel of Star Wars universe. Environments and backgrounds are fantastic, really of the best looking arround. After Witcher 2, SWTOR environemnts are the best ones.
An objective review wouldn't include something as ridiculous as this as the first point of review.

It doesn't look like SW. It doesn't feel like SW. They removed the Wars part of the game in favor of standing on the fleet twiddling your thumbs. Pretty soon all form of lore will be thrown out of PvP, as it is there is really no excuse for factions to be competing against each other on Hutt Ball, but pretty soon we'll actually be fighting our faction over valuable resources such as void star and novare coast?

Sorry. But this doesn't look like SW, it doesn't feel like SW, and the LORE of SW has been completely disregarded in favor of forcing a half finished product on the MMO community simply to fill your publisher's pockets.

Your review isn't objective.

Quote:
SWTOR is a good single player game, however its a mediocre at best MMO. Certainly not living up to the pre-launch hype of a innovative next generation MMO that will last years.
This is more objective. We would have been better served if they simply hadn't yanked us around under the belief we were getting an MMO when in reality we were getting a single player blend of ME and Kotor.

Quote:
3. I will not discuss the problem with pop to avoid the closing of my thread. Just rerolled. Try a new alt. Or just wait for a migration tool. No other solution is available.
Rerolling is a natural reaction of SWTOR community for the self preservation. The most of SWTOR community in US is concentrated now on Fatman.
Sorry, but maybe they could have just not decided where people would play? That could have been a good move on their part, I played WoW from release until last year, I don't recall ever rerolling on another server due to pop problems. So I'm not inclined to believe it's simply a natural reaction. I pay to play this game how I want to play it, where I want to play it, not to be one of the hundreds of people giving up on three level 50s to re-roll on the fatman or zakkeg beast.

Your entire post comes across as this: "So the game is bad right now, just keep giving BW money, keep funding their game, and maybe, one day, they will stop stuffing their pockets long enough to throw you a *********** bone."

Apologies, but you seem like a door mat.

heikaze
04.04.2012 , 12:59 PM | #15
While I think this game fails because of many issues. I agree with you, SWTOR is a solid game. But that's all it is, solid. That's another reason why many of us is complaining. We want it to be so much more, since the hype before release. We were expecting it to be so much more. All we got now is, a "solid".

Lokai
04.04.2012 , 01:09 PM | #16
TOR isn't a bad game...just doesn't do anything unique...

1:dialogue options: ripped from ME series... with multi-player random roll added still just a copy and paste system.

2: combat is pretty much standard hotkey style, mixed with some Champions online features doesn't really do anything all its own.

3: talents are pretty universal in mmos now days

4: class system has been done, Aion one comes to mind off top of my head.

5: operations, hard modes, loot tables. ect ect ect we've done this before in alot of mmos...

Fact is most people are sick of old hotkey(WoW style) mmo style of games and are a ton are just looking for something new and fresh...unfortunatly while TOR does what it does rather well(bugs aside, and tuning aside) doesn't stand out from other mmos out there.

Games like...

GW2
Tera
DCUO

are setting themselves apart from other mmo's out there in some unique way is not just story, and dialogue choices. Which as cool as those are! and lets face it TOR does that really well and story is great! it takes something more then that to KEEP players interested in there game!

People constantly say things like! " BUT VOICE ACTING! TOR ONLY MMO TO DO IT" or " tor first mmo to be fully voice acted!" and " but TOR's voice talent is best out there!" and i want to slap you people so hard! First off! yes TOR has good cast of voice talent, but DCUO came before TOR, it had better voice talent, it is fully voice acted so all of these claims are false... people that use this as an excuse as to why TOR should stand out are wrong! TOR is #2 in this area...you can not beat Voice acters like MARK HAMIL and ADAM BALDWIN! just impossible!

But DCUO proved that good story, interesting characters, big IP, and amazing voice actors do not make a good game...it takes something more! but at least DCUO tried to be unique... TOR on other hand played it safe, and while does what it does well... it doesn't stand out to me. Is nothing really jumps out and says " HEY I DO THIS AND OTHER MMOS DON'T! " when comes to actual gameplay... thus i personally only play TOR because my friends do... and while i love the story i've played all storys at this point so whats left? end game? its terrible... pvp? its badly done and poorly balanced...

TOR is a medicore game, and while i feel i've gotten my moneys worth of it...certainly not what they boasted it to be.

-Lokai-
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Orrow
04.04.2012 , 01:09 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kidatwood View Post
Besides the story they never said what your claiming they said.
Oh my mistake I thought all the talk from the devs about how innovative story, companions, and game play meant that the game would be innovative. Its apparently also my mistake I thought the game would last long considering EA claimed this game would last at least ten years and have multiple expansions.

You Bioware fanbois are beyond hope.

Ivanblood
04.04.2012 , 01:10 PM | #18
But this is what I donīt understand. How more MMO it should be ?

The game push you together to be able to do heroics and flashpoints.
If you are on Fatman, you can easily find a buddy to quest together.
There are PVP matches...only 3 arenas but they will be expanded with the upcoming patch.

SWTOR doesnīt have auction house but it has a regular market with fixed prices.
And it works just fine. I am making 100k a day for crafting a lot of crap. Selling stuff on GTN is very addictive stuff by itself. There is some crazy economy in the game that responds to the law of demand and consume. And the upcoming 1.2 patch will make it even better.

The only stuff which is not so good is World vs World.
But tha actual issue with World vs World is that main SWTOR public comes for pieceful cooperative experience and due to disbalance between Empire and Republic. World vs World is not an impossible thing in SWTOR. I am even planning to stealth into Republic side in Nar Shaddaa and hunt down some republicans.

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post

It doesn't look like SW. It doesn't feel like SW. They removed the Wars part of the game in favor of standing on the fleet twiddling your thumbs. .
Hold on.. didnīt they rather remove the "Star" part by not putting decent space combat in?

However, at least they got the lightsabers right... and the yellow font credits in the beginning.

amnie
04.04.2012 , 01:19 PM | #20
That's your opinion, Mannayus