Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did this game deliver on the hype?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did this game deliver on the hype?

solidkjames
02.21.2012 , 11:44 AM | #21
I like the game and the friends I've made playing it. MMO's are about the people as much as anything and there in lies the problem with most people. Like all the people in this thread that Bioware forces to play their game. I'm sorry you guys are forced to be here and don't blame you one bit for hating this game.
May the common SENSE be with you, ALWAYS!

JumperPenn
02.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #22
No, as time progressed I saw it wasn't what they had talked about in the beginning and the more I saw of it the more I thought 'there must be more to it'.

When I got into beta I saw there wasn't, plenty of the fanboys would toss out "it isn't done yet", "this is just beta" but it was clear to all what it was and wasn't.

I still held out that the changes they made, companions death, more detailed crafting, wouldn't be tossed out. I also hoped there was more depth to the world/game that I wasn't seeing. Finally I expected they'd do what needed to be done to make sure customers didn't have to spend hours or days DL the game due to their system and would add a manual patch feature.

A month later I was shown they didn't do any of those things, didn't add much of anything to the game from beta and had in place one of the worst customer/technical support departments I've ever dealt with. All the things fanboys and even BW people talked about were coming after launch didn't come.

To be fair they never gave a date but I figured something like a guildbank could be released in a few weeks. It just seems like such a good idea to let guilds have they couldn't have left it to be made last so it would take months to put in the game. I figured they'd fix the way the GTN search didn't work and vendor search didn't work and GTN worked a bit better but still is broken.

So no it didn't deliver on the initial hype or the later hype of more story than all the Baldur's Gate Games, decisions that matter, etc.
Refer a friend program details here:
http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Referral Link-http://www.swtor.com/r/kry46m

JonnyFreedom
02.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
LOLUZ! And those 60% are still here playing .. !
Yup because they made the mistake of buying a 3 month card. My game time runs out tomorrow. Valor Rank 80 Marauder (second highest on my server) and I can barely stand to login anymore. Game is terrible.

TheOnlyKyrenS
02.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #24
I love this game and here is why. I didn't set a super high, impossible expectation like half the people here. I knew there was going to be problems (being apart of the WoW launch) and bugs because its a BW game. I didn't really give into the hype all that much. I was hyped because it was star wars but thats about it.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

Darth_Victus
02.21.2012 , 11:45 AM | #25
This is a trick question and the answer will vary from person to person.

If you got yourself overhyped then, no the game will not deliver what you expected. And I have seen countless people do this.

The you have the other side that kept their hype controlled who are pleased with the game. Because they didnt set themselves up for a let down.

And then you have those in the middle who either just dont care or jump on the band wagons and praise or hate the game.

Personally. I believe the game did deliver. It is a refreshing experience away from the fantasy based MMOs. However, that is my opinion.

jontyld
02.21.2012 , 11:46 AM | #26
Sort of depends on whose hype. I feel that outside of the bugs, this game's everything bioware said it would be.

Daeada
02.21.2012 , 11:46 AM | #27
No game ever matches up to the levels of hype that people expect before release. It's practically impossible.

DigitalDreamz
02.21.2012 , 11:47 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyFreedom View Post
Yup because they made the mistake of buying a 3 month card. My game time runs out tomorrow. Valor Rank 80 Marauder (second highest on my server) and I can barely stand to login anymore. Game is terrible.
My time card was 2 months but it officially ends in 2 days. Flat out this game just isn't worth a monthly sub.

KiaThas
02.21.2012 , 11:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JonnyFreedom View Post
the amount of time you have to put in to get to 80, I think youd be sick of any game.
You seem to have lightning emanating from your fingertip's, could you please stop it?

jarjarloves
02.21.2012 , 11:47 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalDreamz View Post
The abundant polls on this very website show SWTOR with a 60% disliking the game.
pssst you can't make polls on this website

also you have links to these magical polls.

edit: oh and where are these links to all these negative reviews and former bioware employes that say it sucks

"General Forums you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must use caution"