Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did this game deliver on the hype?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Did this game deliver on the hype?

JonnyFreedom
02.21.2012 , 11:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Uruare View Post
Short answer: Nope. Not even a little.
Nope, not even close. Great single player.... Should have never been made into a "mmo". This game would have been one of the best single player games ever if the game ended when you finished your story. The problem is they tossed this "end game" on to it to try to collect revenue from subscriptions that is absolutely HORRID. By far one of the WORST END GAMES EVER RELEASED. I mean it is up there with Age of Conan and Failhammer for how bad it is.

PVP is the worst thing to hit PVP since PVP started. Who thought giving everyone a knockback, CC, multiple spells of the same kind on different tree's, broken resolve bar, etc was a good idea?

Denerio
02.21.2012 , 11:40 AM | #12
This didnt even come close to the hype. Probably one of the biggest let downs in mmo history besides Vanguard when that was hyped as well although nothing of this scale.

Azzras
02.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #13
For me, yes.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Vikassi
02.21.2012 , 11:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dantragk View Post
You really going to take that route? When it's common knowledge that 90% of reviews are bought out?
Sure buddy ... You cant buy love, dont you know? These gaming sites would never take money under the table to give a game a great review .. are you crazy?

Drannor
02.21.2012 , 11:42 AM | #15
6/10 is fair.
For the Empire!

KiaThas
02.21.2012 , 11:42 AM | #16
Good game, didn't make the hype though.
You seem to have lightning emanating from your fingertip's, could you please stop it?

Vikassi
02.21.2012 , 11:42 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalDreamz View Post
The abundant polls on this very website show SWTOR with a 60% disliking the game.
LOLUZ! And those 60% are still here playing .. !

GellonSW
02.21.2012 , 11:43 AM | #18
Great sequel to KOTOR2. Fails as a MMO.

ErikValens
02.21.2012 , 11:43 AM | #19
This game is amazing. I was invited to the Beta, and never logged on, becuase I thought it was going to be a space version of all the fantasy MMORPGs. Now I am kicking myself for it. It is beyond anything that I imagined it could be. The potential to make this an epic mmoRPG (emphasising the RPG) is incredible. My fear is that they will do the same thing every other MMOrpg (yes that was intentional) and start worrying about accomodating the casual player at the cost of the RPG aspect, when they will only give it a few hours on the weekend and then eventually move on to something else.

DigitalPrime
02.21.2012 , 11:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalDreamz View Post
Both former employees of Bioware / EA, many media publications AND gamers across the globe all agree this game has severely failed to deliver.

If this game was free to play I think it would be an o.k game.
Source