Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preorder to PLAY

Ceres
12.15.2011 , 11:08 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by SnapFX View Post
So, the add says, Preorder to play..

I preorder.. And i want to play..

Heres your ad:

Tell me where it says i will be put in a queue to play?
It says.. PREORDER TO PLAY.. LET ME PLAY!
Tell me where in that ad says anything about A queue, or only some people get it?
My 79 Dollars Paid is No Diffrent that anyone else's money..

bro, if they start out with so many extra servers that there are never possibly any ques, they will have to merge servers after about 3 months. This shows they are having a healthy launch and know what to do to have a healthy game community long term. Think "Ten Year Game Community.", not just about yourself for the 6 days of pre-launch.

After the initial rush people return their lives to a bit more balance and individual playtimes decline from rabid junky 22/24 hours for days on end (thats myself at launch of SWG) down to a more manageable schedule that includes things like eating, bathing, spousal merging, child management and going back to work to pay for the sub and all other extraneous IRL minutia.

After the initial rush they need FAR less servers once people return to their normal balanced lives. So the community having some patience at first means we will have healthy sustainable server populations 3 months from now and on into the future.

Have a bit more mature and long term perspective... which would show you are not a newb who doesn't know what you're talking about in the bigger picture sense. Maybe become some kind of actually respected community leader huh?
I pledge allegiance, to the goods, of The CONSORTIUM
And for the customer, to whom it runs
One ship, under Me, uncatchable
For liberty and profit, I haul http://the-consortium.net/forum2/index.php

Mojodamm
12.15.2011 , 11:23 PM | #272
Hey, just consider download and installation as part of the game and you're all set! See, you're already playing and you didn't even realize it!

zerovex
12.15.2011 , 11:35 PM | #273
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
It avoided 3-4 hour queues, and constant server crashes, resulting in unscheduled maintenance. And ultimately, when the game released on the 20th, the new influx of players will be met with relatively stable servers as well.

No matter how you may feel about the staggering process, letting everybody in at once could have prevented everybody from getting any EGA at all. As it stands, it looks like everybody will get in with four days to spare.
Good way to put it and I stand corrected.