Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

rmbaerncopf
02.02.2012 , 02:33 AM | #21
I don't know about everyone else, but when they take the servers down I just sit on the floor and cry. For hours and hours.

MrOuija
02.02.2012 , 02:34 AM | #22
signed!
Faction Imbalance made me lose my interest.

Khemizt
02.02.2012 , 02:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Serpenttt View Post
Do I like it when the servers come down on my one day off during the 7 day week? No, but I also don't come on the forums and complain about it.
I'm pretty certain you just did?

kiddeth
02.02.2012 , 02:35 AM | #24
I guess the OP loves the game so much he can't bear to be with out it......thats a good thing.
So what does this key unlock.........I hope it's a chastity belt.

Phuzz
02.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #25
Quote:
I am mad enough as it is and I am on EST. Can you imagine how pissed people in the West Coast are who are getting their service shut down at midnight every couple of days because of relatively insignificant issues?
Imagine how pissed youd be if you were EU (or Aus) and the servers came down 8am til 2pm on a saturday, and 8 hours on a Tues daytime, and Thursdays too while you werent asleep or about to go to sleep. . .

oh . . wait. . .

DarkshaderX
02.02.2012 , 02:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancrizans View Post

I realize this is a young game and there will be some growing pains. But I know for a fact a LOT of people are becoming really turned off by this attitude of "OOoooo! We found a bug, let's take the servers down!". I am mad enough as it is and I am on EST. Can you imagine how pissed people in the West Coast are who are getting their service shut down at midnight every couple of days because of relatively insignificant issues?
Bro, you are so right on. I'm a west coaster, and these midnight shut down's have absolutely killed this game for me. I mean don't get me wrong, I love it in so many ways. But I'm constantly working during the day, only to build up my excitment for an all nighter, only to get slapped in the face and turned away at freaking MIDNIGHT.

Once a week would be BAD enough (how about 4am? douchebags) but twice a week? You've GOT to be kidding me. I am furious....

Cancrizans
02.02.2012 , 02:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Serpenttt View Post
Do I like it when the servers come down on my one day off during the 7 day week? No, but I also don't come on the forums and complain about it.
Which flavor of cookie is your favorite?
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Ghaiana
02.02.2012 , 02:39 AM | #28
It's really not so bad, there were MMO's that were days offline in a row, there were MMO's that had random server crashes almost every day the first months. I rather have they fix problems for users when they know what the problem is, than spoil their entertainment by leaving those problems unsolved.

RonFon
02.02.2012 , 02:40 AM | #29
Given the game and how much I am enjoying it, I see this as a non-issue. I think as a community the MMO gamers are becoming prone to complaining. I admit, I haven't seen another MMO need this much weekly correction. But there's a lot about this MMO I haven't seen before, period.

I do realize that I AM paying even for this downtime, but I'm also paying for a game that should be in working order. Giving my rathers, I don't mind stepping away for a few hours. And I have been No-Lifeing SWTOR.

cdxrd
02.02.2012 , 02:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cancrizans View Post
EDIT: If you are going to make some comment about "I am glad the servers are down at least they are fixing the game", save your breath. Every other MMO I have ever played has fixed their games by taking the servers down once a week. And I will add this: I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if they took them down during YOUR prime playing hours.
They *DO* take them down during MY prime playing hours, and i will sing that song. Im glad their down and fixing things. Your comment about every other MMO only going down once a week, sure.. that starts usually several months after release. Every MMO I have played from launch has gone through the same exact growing pains.. many even worse.. mobs stop spawning... devs dont know it, players cant do crap, dont get rebooted till morning.. oh crap.. unexpected down time..

Its an MMO. Its going to happen. If it bugs you that much, wait a couple months. This is normal and EXPECTED..
I Survived 9/29/11 !