Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

Cancrizans
02.02.2012 , 02:15 AM | #1
To try and put this as plainly as I can, taking the servers down as often as they have been is completely unacceptable. It is also painting Bioware as completely amateur regarding their understanding of both how MMOs are run and what customers expect.

It is NOT acceptable to take servers down every couple of days to fix minor exploits, performance issues that affect less than a majority of customers, or any other reason besides extreme stability issues which make the game unplayable. Because I can guarantee that most people would rather deal with such issues than not play the game at all.

I realize this is a young game and there will be some growing pains. But I know for a fact a LOT of people are becoming really turned off by this attitude of "OOoooo! We found a bug, let's take the servers down!". I am mad enough as it is and I am on EST. Can you imagine how pissed people in the West Coast are who are getting their service shut down at midnight every couple of days because of relatively insignificant issues?

I am not sure what the reason is for this apparent total lack of concern for industry standard patching schedules, but it had better end quick or this game is going to lose a lot of subs. That is not a threat, it is just reality.

EDIT: If you are going to make some comment about "I am glad the servers are down at least they are fixing the game", save your breath. Every other MMO I have ever played has fixed their games by taking the servers down once a week. And I will add this: I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if they took them down during YOUR prime playing hours.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Pink_Saber
02.02.2012 , 02:16 AM | #2
Given the alternative of waiting a week to have issues fixed, I'll take the downtimes.

Serpenttt
02.02.2012 , 02:17 AM | #3
Oh lord, I can't play my game for 10 hours out of the entire week. Something must be done.
Serpentine, many many alts. Ebon Hawk.

Buddhalux
02.02.2012 , 02:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pink_Saber View Post
Given the alternative of waiting a week to have issues fixed, I'll take the downtimes.
That is true and I completely agree but 20 times in less than 50 days they've patched the servers. It's getting ridiculous now.
Matala 50 Merc
Matael 50 Marauder
Mataz 3x Jugg
Matazi 2x Sniper

discosoc
02.02.2012 , 02:18 AM | #5
I'd rather they fix things right the first time, so they don't need to follow up with patches to fix what they broke by fixing something else that was broke.

There's a 'yo dawg' somewhere in there.

Cancrizans
02.02.2012 , 02:18 AM | #6
Both of you see my edit. Love to see your reaction when they do this at the times you prefer to play.
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

cujojax
02.02.2012 , 02:18 AM | #7
which would be ok, if they actually fixed anything in the notes while the servers are down...

Cancrizans
02.02.2012 , 02:18 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
I'd rather they fix things right the first time, so they don't need to follow up with patches to fix what they broke by fixing something else that was broke.

There's a 'yo dawg' somewhere in there.
This.

blahblah letter count

julzz
02.02.2012 , 02:19 AM | #9
im in sydney and i am always getting this crap when im trying to play at 7pm - then im lucky if it comes up by 11pm

what a joke - GREAT game but you programmers need to release less often
Julzz

Serpenttt
02.02.2012 , 02:20 AM | #10
Do I like it when the servers come down on my one day off during the 7 day week? No, but I also don't come on the forums and complain about it.
Serpentine, many many alts. Ebon Hawk.