Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rest XP: It ruins the game!

VicSkimmr
01.12.2012 , 09:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lauski View Post
Oh that's a great idea! Run content I'm over-leveled for all the way until level 50? I'm casual, but I don't want to LOLSAUCE every quest.

If I want to take my time with the game, that should be an option I have.
You do have the option, obviously. You just acknowledged it.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Alkiii
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #22
Have you been playing since 3 days before release? Do just have one character you've created? Is that ONE character only level 26? If not, understand that you might not FULLY be able to appreciate what I'm saying.

If you wish to respond, please take the time to see what the situation of casual players is:

TL;DR:
=================

You should NOT RECEIVE ANY rest xp:
  • If logged off, outside a Cantina/Rest Zone. [Your char is unsafe]
  • While logged on, inside a Cantina/Rest Zone. [You are not resting, you're logged in]

You SHOULD RECEIVE rest xp:
  • If logged off, inside a Cantina/Rest Zone. [Your char is safe in a Rest Zone]

=================

Rest XP in essence, is the game "playing itself for you"...
This is the real reason why some people think the leveling speed is too fast, and others don't. If you are a casual player and don't log in that much like me, the system as-is deprives you of questing/adventuring/flashpoint/heroics fun!

Just SKIP content? What?
I want enjoy just as much content as someone who plays every day. Keep in MIND... my suggestion still allows people who like leveling tons of alts simultaneously & quickly... to do so! Keep them logged off in Rest Zones... No change to the system as is.

Just log off outside rest ares...
I already do! Since level 17 when I started noticing this problem! My changes give the players the NEEDED option to play the game HOW THEY WANT. I'm tired of leaving behind half the the content of a planet unexplored, no space missions run, no participation in PVP, and a single run through flashpoints, only to still keep going to the next planet, 5 levels ahead....

But in all other MMO's, you make rest XP outside safe areas...
You have to remember that SWTOR is quite different than other MMOs. They have done a great job with their game! There's no such thing as grinding tons of MOBs. SWTOR has been carefully designed from the ground up to already have more than enough fun things to do, and for us to achieve L50 quite easily. Rest XP keeps pushing me levels ahead of where the mission developers planned for me to be.

But I like being logged in, socializing and making rest XP, or just working the GTN in the Fleet and making rest xp.
I hear you. I understand. I don't want my suggestion that helps the casuals to hurt your style. I would be fine if Bioware decided to INCREASE logged off Rest-zone XP to make up for lost UNSAFE Rest Xp.

In addition if you REALLY want rest xp while logged in and socializing, let's say for the Fleets, you can't make rest XP any more in them anywhere, except the bars? Suddenly, guess what you have for people that just want to socialize? A -REASON- to go hang out at the bars! Make it double the Rest XP... make it give people something to get excited about meeting others over instead of just running around like ships passing in the night!

There are lots of other possibilities to easily make this work. Bioware, please hear my plea. It usually takes me many months to beat simple single player games. Please allow casuals to go at their own pace, and get full enjoyment from your product!
Spacebar
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.

Lauski
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Barathos View Post
I think this is gonna be one of those posts that will never be recognized because the solution to a problem that doesn't exist is just insane.

Maybe it won't get recognized, but the solution is pretty easy, honestly isn't it?

Trust me, I've evaluated this from a lot of angles.

RealAeiouy
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #24
Rest experience outside of cantinas and the fleet is so small to essentially be nothing. If you don't like rest experience don't log out in those places and it will have very little impact on you.

evil-bob
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #25
Besides the hyperbole of the title, I'm not following what the problem is, either.

To me, the weirdest thing about rest XP is that I almost never seem to lose it. I don't know if it's a bug or only a very small number of things actually use it up, but I tend to find I nearly always have some green left (even logging out in random places).
I find your lack of same-gender romances... disturbing.

ApesAmongUs
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #26
Oh that's a great idea! Run content I'm over-leveled for all the way until level 50? I'm casual, but I don't want to LOLSAUCE every quest.
Or, and I know you discounted this, SKIP CONTENT.

If the game doesn't have content you need to skip, then it doesn't have enough content.

Jalden
01.12.2012 , 09:40 AM | #27
I do not have a personal problem with the current situation, but the suggestion in the OP makes a lot of sense. And it should be super easy to implement.

DarrkLore
01.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #28
When I was in my lvl 20's and outleveling places by a fair amount I was a bit concerned about rested xp because I do spend a fair amount of time on the fleet. But now that I'm over lvl 30 I realized that rested xp matters less and less the higher level you get because it takes so long to accrue. I almost always have some rested xp in my bar, I PvP occasionally, and I do space missions occasionally and I find that I'm not outleveling planets by much now. I also usually leave a few quests behind on each planet, but I actually like it that way since it leaves me with new stuff to do on an alt.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

BapaJones
01.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #29
I, for one, am a casual gamer. I only play for an hour, or so, at a time. Therefore, I appreciate the benefits of rest xp. I would like to be able to play with my guildies one day. Oh, and my highest characters are 17,11, and 5. 8)

Black_Rabbit
01.12.2012 , 09:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
OP, you only get it by logging in a safe zone. Log out in a city street if it's REALLY an issue to you.
OP, why not doing this?