Will we hear from Bioware before the end of the day?

TrixxieTriss

You just love to repeat that no one has any right to anything, do you? Do you like the concept of not having any rights that much?

I really have no desire to debate any further with you because it is evident we are both on very opposite sides and none of us will budge an inch. Let's just agree to disagree.

Maybe because i'm completely right and some people simply don't get it or don't want to because they are stubborn?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because i'm completely right and some people simply don't get it or don't want to because they are stubborn?

I look forward to you continuing to defend EA once they merge the EU servers into the East Coast datacenter and your own ping skyrockets.

Because you totally will keep defending EA even after they negatively affect you, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by AscendingSky

I don't understand what's the fuss about. If the game is unplayable, or if you don't like where it's heading just leave.

I have left once, then came back when I felt like it. I for one have no loyalty for the game, nor do I think it has any bright future. Sooner or later there will be only 1 server, And If I can't play it I'll find another game.

As for people who thought merges would solve everything, there's your answer. Of course the company will see that as an oportunity to reduce costs. Last time they did it, they shut down APAC servers, what made you think it would be different this time?

And, if there is another merge I'm willing to bet they'll reduce phisicall servers once more.

I look forward to you continuing to defend EA once they merge the EU servers into the East Coast datacenter and your own ping skyrockets.

Because you totally will keep defending EA even after they negatively affect you, right? :rolleyes:

I don't think it's about defending EA but rather about dictating to others.

I don't understand what's the fuss about. If the game is unplayable, or if you don't like where it's heading just leave.

I have left once, then came back when I felt like it. I for one have no loyalty for the game, nor do I think it has any bright future. Sooner or later there will be only 1 server, And If I can't play it I'll find another game.

As for people who thought merges would solve everything, there's your answer. Of course the company will see that as an oportunity to reduce costs. Last time they did it, they shut down APAC servers, what made you think it would be different this time?

And, if there is another merge I'm willing to bet they'll reduce phisicall servers once more.

The fuss is we are leaving and we don't want to. We were happy paying customers playing a game we really enjoyed, and we have been shown the door because Bioware wanted to save a few dollars. Don't worry, we will be gone soon enough and this forum can go back to it's normal conversations about companion romances and class balance. But before we go we reserve the right to voice our displeasure loudly.

And consider this, if we don't make a noise or if no one complains then what message does that send to Bioware and more importantly EA? If the players appear to be happy about being shafted and kicked to the curb, what else will they do in the future?

And consider this, if we don't make a noise or if no one complains then what message does that send to Bioware and more importantly EA?

Yyyyyup.

I'd bet the money I'm not spending in the cartel market next month that there's Some Guy at Bioware shaking his head saying "I said it was a bad idea. I said it was a bad idea to close down the WC servers." A week or two after the United Forces update, after everyone has tried out the new ops boss and the new wz with their new horrible ping and lag spikes they'll decide to bail.... and when That Guy is looking at the numbers that show a net loss of active players, it's important he has ample forum documentation to say "I told you so" to his bosses. ;)

Edited by Lxndra

The fuss is we are leaving and we don't want to. We were happy paying customers playing a game we really enjoyed, and we have been shown the door because Bioware wanted to save a few dollars. Don't worry, we will be gone soon enough and this forum can go back to it's normal conversations about companion romances and class balance. But before we go we reserve the right to voice our displeasure loudly.

And consider this, if we don't make a noise or if no one complains then what message does that send to Bioware and more importantly EA? If the players appear to be happy about being shafted and kicked to the curb, what else will they do in the future?

I feel you mate, I really do, but this sort of thing has happened before, and it will happen again.

Basicaly they wheighed the pros and cons and came to the decision that giving up on a playerbase was more profitable. It sucks, and sure enough it will happen to more people.

These corporations don't care about it's players. Only profit is taken into account, that's why it was dangerous to ask them for a merge.

There are other games where I'm sure you guys will be welcomed. I've heard good things about eso, and I'm thinking about going there myself.

Yyyyyup.

I'd bet the money I'm not spending in the cartel market next month that there's Some Guy at Bioware shaking his head saying "I said it was a bad idea. I said it was a bad idea to close down the WC servers." A week or two after the United Forces update, after everyone has tried out the new ops boss and the new wz with their new horrible ping and lag spikes they'll decide to bail.... and when That Guy is looking at the numbers that show a net loss of active players, it's important he has ample forum documentation to say "I told you so" to his bosses. ;)

It also means the people who made this piss poor decision cannot hide behind it and say... “we don’t know why they left”... They would then be held accountable for it.... and let’s hope they are :mad:

Or you are completely wrong and are too stubborn to admit it...

What’s more likely... everyone else being wrong or just you :rolleyes:

Having read a number of posts of people who previously purchased vast numbers of cartel coins and will no longer doing so because they can't play. It seems either

These people are lying, haven't purchased anywhere near that number of coins and haven't invested in the game. Or

EAware aren't doing this as a result of financial considerations but out of something else, maybe Keith hates Ben, Ben came from Australia so Keith made the decision to punish Ben's family and everyone else is collateral damage. Or

EAware didn't realize how many people this would drive away and come Monday morning the bean counters will be calculating how many Australian and New Zealand Dollars have been generated by the game in October and off setting this against the cost of a data center on the West Coast.

Unless its option two, I am sure nothing would make EAware happier than doing the maths seeing the 22,000 US Dollars were spent by one person along with all the other vast numbers of Cartel Market purchases by other people players, seeing it is more profitable to keep a West Coast server than shut it so get to announce they will keep it open.

Its win win for them if there is the levels of investment. First its increased profits which they have got to love. Everyone is in agreement EAware is the devil and it only loves money. Next up is the PR angle, we listened to our players, the level of latency was detrimental to the game, want to allow as many people to enjoy the experience including folk in Australia (etc etc it doesn't even have to be true its a PR persons dream spin). It also creates something akin to brand loyalty, they listened to your concerns, there may be a lack of content, class balances are horrible but when you said this is unplayable EAware heard you and fixed the problem. To complain that there is a lack of content seems petty in comparison to them having west coast servers with a manageable Ping.

But really EAware is a business and it all comes down to profitability. If people are spending the sums that I've seen posted then I'd think the bean counters are going to come out with that conclusion, but if its just not profitable then you simply aren't spending enough to make it financially viable and no way a business is going to operate at a loss because its morally the right thing to do. And that comes down to how much people are actually investing or have invested in the last month or so and not necessarily what they are claiming EAware is going to lose when they quit.

Edited by Costello

Unless its option two, I am sure nothing would make EAware happier than doing the maths seeing the 22,000 US Dollars were spent by one person along with all the other vast numbers of Cartel Market purchases by other people players, seeing it is more profitable to keep a West Coast server than shut it so get to announce they will keep it open.

I'm extremely sceptical any one person has spent 22k on cartel coins but it's irrelevant anyway. The only fair solution is for BW to undo the damage and restore West Coast servers while maintaining the east coast server. Basically do what everyone thought they were going to do in the first place and keep a server in each region.

But it's too late for that, it's done and BW has spent too much already relocating the servers. What I expect will happen now is we will get a short forum post from Keith next week saying he understands people are upset but to please be patient while they complete the mergers and to give them the benefit of the doubt.

By the time Nov 28th comes around Keith will be hoping the loudest of the forum whiners will have left and those remaining will be complaining about something else. He will then come back and claim the merger was a huge success and if there is anyone still having issue to put in a ticket.

The beauty of this is once the mergers are done there will be increased populations on each server, giving the illusion it was a success. When in reality there will be fewer players than there is now.

Having read a number of posts of people who previously purchased vast numbers of cartel coins and will no longer doing so because they can't play. It seems either

These people are lying, haven't purchased anywhere near that number of coins and haven't invested in the game. Or

EAware aren't doing this as a result of financial considerations but out of something else, maybe Keith hates Ben, Ben came from Australia so Keith made the decision to punish Ben's family and everyone else is collateral damage. Or

EAware didn't realize how many people this would drive away and come Monday morning the bean counters will be calculating how many Australian and New Zealand Dollars have been generated by the game in October and off setting this against the cost of a data center on the West Coast.

Its win win for them if there is the levels of investment. First its increased profits which they have got to love. Everyone is in agreement EAware is the devil and it only loves money. Next up is the PR angle, we listened to our players, the level of latency was detrimental to the game, want to allow as many people to enjoy the experience including folk in Australia (etc etc it doesn't even have to be true its a PR persons dream spin). It also creates something akin to brand loyalty, they listened to your concerns, there may be a lack of content, class balances are horrible but when you said this is unplayable EAware heard you and fixed the problem. To complain that there is a lack of content seems petty in comparison to them having west coast servers with a manageable Ping.

But really EAware is a business and it all comes down to profitability. If people are spending the sums that I've seen posted then I'd think the bean counters are going to come out with that conclusion, but if its just not profitable then you simply aren't spending enough to make it financially viable and no way a business is going to operate at a loss because its morally the right thing to do. And that comes down to how much people are actually investing or have invested in the last month or so and not necessarily what they are claiming EAware is going to lose when they quit.

The real power at EAware is the accounts with no real understanding of what gamers need or want to enjoy a game... they don’t understand that ping is vital to being able to play the game and don’t realise that people will stop playing when it gets too high for them to tolerate.

A prime example of this is when they closed the APAC servers and move us to the US,... 3 people from my 4 guilds made the move... the rest quit because they didn’t want to go from 30ms to 200ms Ping.

I would bet serious money that those pencil pushers did not realising they were basically going to lose 90% of the APAC server community by doing that.... I honestly don’t think they knew that would happen because they fundamentally don’t understand gamers... they only understand spread sheets and internal data models...

While I am seriously pissed at Keith and Eric at the moment for lying to us... I do realise this wasn’t their decsion and it would have been made by some middle management EA stooge looking for ways to meet his cost saving targets to get a bonus... I would even hazard a guess that people who make these decisions have bonus schemes that only reflect savings on raw costs and don’t take into account players unsubscribing because of their stupid decisions,

I'm extremely sceptical any one person has spent 22k on cartel coins but it's irrelevant anyway. The only fair solution is for BW to undo the damage and restore West Coast servers while maintaining the east coast server. Basically do what everyone thought they were going to do in the first place and keep a server in each region.

But it's too late for that, it's done and BW has spent too much already relocating the servers. What I expect will happen now is we will get a short forum post from Keith next week saying he understands people are upset but to please be patient while they complete the mergers and to give them the benefit of the doubt.

By the time Nov 28th comes around Keith will be hoping the loudest of the forum whiners will have left and those remaining will be complaining about something else. He will then come back and claim the merger was a huge success and if there is anyone still having issue to put in a ticket.

The beauty of this is once the mergers are done there will be increased populations on each server, giving the illusion it was a success. When in reality there will be fewer players than there is now.

My sub runs out after then... so I’ll be going down with the APAC ship after that... but I’ll be making as much noise as possible as it sinks... unless they want to ban me for voicing my dissatisfaction at this move... I will be here to give voice to the APAC sistuation

The Star Wars Ken & Barbie aficionados are the ones who will keep this game alive. They are also the folks who EAware will listen to regarding content because (a) they are solo players for the most part, and (b) they're a cheap date who are happy with SWTOR being turned into a KOTOR 3 tablet RPG for the PC. EAware has culled most everyone else whose desire for a Star Wars MMO is just too demanding and contrary to their agenda. (Agenda ... not plan. I don't think they have a plan other than squeezing profits out of minimal effort and investment.)

The Star Wars IP no longer has a fresh MMORPG as all but maybe a weekend's worth of SWTOR's MMO content is 2½ years old and constantly being recycled courtesy of game-wide, pervasive and forced one size fits all level sync and bolstering.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I agree with what is fair, I also sadly don't think fair comes into it.

I am fairly certain that the bean counters or $400 an hour consultant that they hired instead of a story team this year told them this is what it would save, this is what it would cost in lost revenue and this is how much it would negatively effect west coast game play, and they got it horribly wrong.

Now there is a possibility that greed could be disguised as altruism. All it takes is someone from EAware to pull up the numbers for Australian and New Zealand dollars spent on the game in the last month, to see what making the game unplayable for those customers will cost them and that is at the very minimum. Rather than say oh bugger we messed up with the profit loss account they can say 'We are hero's' and we would buy it. They would have made a decision to allow people to play which maintains profits which hopefully will lead to more content.

This has been an awful year so far for content, quality of deliver and the game. Update 5.5 nothing but nerfs and gsf changes, not exactly riding high here. So a win could help a lot. So in a way it could be a massive PR boost, yeah we have no content, yeah story players are unhappy, yeah ops players are unhappy, all these nerfs I imagine PvP players are unhappy. But look we listen to the customers, we looked at what we had done by moving the data center to the east coast and we are reversing that decision! Sadly though I think we all know it isn't whats fair, what we hope will happen, it will all be based on money.

He has ZERO CONTROL over the hops between WC and EC, he cannot change ping.

@Zion: Goodbye /ignored

Devs, YOU CANT FIX THIS.

You cant make the game playable for anyone west of the west coast of the United States.

YOU CANT.

You are going to lose a large amount of your playerbase if you don't move the servers back to the west coast.

What? From Ireland? It's more likely they'll move East Coast TO Ireland than the other way around.

Regardless, EA at this point are indefensible. No idea why he's trying.

Devs, YOU CANT FIX THIS.

You cant make the game playable for anyone west of the west coast of the United States.

YOU CANT.

You are going to lose a large amount of your playerbase if you don't move the servers back to the west coast.

For what it's worth I'm on the Kona Coast and my ping is between 120 and 155 in uncrowded areas. Edited by GalacticKegger

It's not worth the time PennyAnn

They are absolutely convinced that this is some kind of conspiration ...a BW/EA plot to hinder them to play....

Nothing you say will convince them of the opposite....

This is how this works....neitherless what you say THEY are the victims and furthermore they are surronded by enemies...

And IF you put their nose on the facts,saying that their "rights" are just an illusion you are a troll.....or hate americans....

Excuse me? This is the most ludicrous thing I have read thus far.

I am not even remotely affected by this issue, I am living in Europe so I don't really care if someone says they hate americans or not. The notion that Bioware is in a conspiracy to not allow us to play is just as ludicrous as your attitude towards the APAC players and currently me is. Truly, enlighten me where you got that insane idea from that people honestly believe that...

I am sorry to say it, but if people call you a troll it's because of the things you write. You come off as arrogant, selfish and belittling and I am not saying this to bring you down now but I would truly urge you to think twice before you reply or post. Just look at your post you have quoted, would you take this serious if you were me?

Edited by Ylliarus