22 Character Per Server Limit.....Any plans to increase it?

kharathos

When they merged the servers before, was there a limit on the level below which a characters did not transfer? or is it Level 1 and above?

Good question. I don't think I had a level one. I had 19 chrs when they were done on one server. This was before the Cartel and upping how many you could have came out.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question. I don't think I had a level one. I had 19 chrs when they were done on one server. This was before the Cartel and upping how many you could have came out.

Last time they moved EVERY character, even if you exceeded the limit. so we were limited to 8 characters per server at that time, if i remember correctly (it was before cartel marked, i believe and extra slots).

I had a few lvl 1's on other servers, and they got moved too.

once you deleted the characters you had over-the-limit though, you would not be able to fill the slot with a new one.

now, if you have been sub and cancel your subscribtion, you will see all your characters, but will only be able to "activate" the amount of characters you can have, up to the limit. i guess they will do something like that with the new merge - if they will even merge, i dont think they will though. so basically, you would keep all characters, but could only activate the 40 or so, that you would choose to.

i dont really care about the server merge, although it would bring back some more activity if the 4.0 expansion isnt enough. im just interested in the additional character slots, because i have already filled my roster, yet i would like to have a few slots open to be able to create a new lvl 60, without having to delete current low-lvls or anyting.

I've been sitting on 22 lv 60 for a while now. Transferrwd some off to keep lvling, but... After i transfer done toons to elsewhere i just dont play them anymore :p It's a bummer really, i'm one of those people who loves creating million alts and playing each. Increase on characters on server would be much welcome. Edited by Kiesu

Well I have a ton because the MISSIONS suck ARSE for return. I mean shelling out 3k for a mission and it brings back 6 whole green materials is just flipping stupid (Beyond Credit Sink).

Some missions never bring anything worth a crap. Like Treasure hunting boxes.. NEVER have anything purple in them and this has always been the case.

Last time they moved EVERY character, even if you exceeded the limit. so we were limited to 8 characters per server at that time, if i remember correctly (it was before cartel marked, i believe and extra slots).

I had a few lvl 1's on other servers, and they got moved too.

once you deleted the characters you had over-the-limit though, you would not be able to fill the slot with a new one.

now, if you have been sub and cancel your subscribtion, you will see all your characters, but will only be able to "activate" the amount of characters you can have, up to the limit. i guess they will do something like that with the new merge - if they will even merge, i dont think they will though. so basically, you would keep all characters, but could only activate the 40 or so, that you would choose to.

i dont really care about the server merge, although it would bring back some more activity if the 4.0 expansion isnt enough. im just interested in the additional character slots, because i have already filled my roster, yet i would like to have a few slots open to be able to create a new lvl 60, without having to delete current low-lvls or anyting.

I believe your right. I couldn't create a new chr till I deleted a bunch. A friend was coming on board to the game so I wanted a lowbie to play the game at the same level as him. Some more slots would be good.

Please no. Do not increase it.

Though, I would have thought the limit in multiples of eight. :rak_02:

Serious question, why do you care if we can have more than 22 toons per server? We can only run one at a time so it wouldn't give any advantage. As one of those twisted people with chronic altitis, I'd love to see this unlimited.

Serious question, why do you care if we can have more than 22 toons per server? We can only run one at a time so it wouldn't give any advantage. As one of those twisted people with chronic altitis, I'd love to see this unlimited.

I agree. I will NEVER have that many characters, but it is none of my business and does not hurt me one bit if someone else has more time to play more characters. I am currently sitting at 16, but it will be going to 20 as soon as we get those free level 60 characters XD

It would be unwise for them to merge servers at this point. If they merge servers of the same type / location / language, that's only two merges on the US East Coast side of things. That's not a lot, and chances are their server technology can't handle that anyway.

If they merge based simply on type and language, then we're talking more serious merges in the US, but again, their tech can't handle it and most people are going to have worse ping.

I don't think a language-only (and continent-separate) merge would happen, that would mean all US servers would be merged into one behemoth server. A: Their tech really can't handle that (can anyone's tech nowadays?), and B: merging PvP and PvE together is a terrible idea. One of those two server types is going to get conformed to the other, and they're going to hate it.

TL:DR - Merges just don't seem rational at the moment. There's nothing to merge. We just need a bigger playerbase, and sadly BW's policy at the moment is: Gain --> Milk --> Discard. Their current model is not focused on keeping long-time players, it is only focused on gaining new players and milking them as much as possible. Players are leaving as fast as they're coming, so I don't think the situation will improve until they service the loyal playerbase (however few are left).

the plan is to increase the subscriber maximum character limit per server by 2 for the Fallen Empire launch. Not confirmation it will happen, but it is definitely their goal!

And, since the max characters a sub can have is 22 (original sub minimum 12 + 10 purchased slots), that would mean 24, they have it in mind to get, if they can. Availing myself of 1 free 60, and buying five more, will make my 72.

• 1 month later...

So now that server limit was increased to 40, how is everyone enjoying their new slots?

Did some of you 70+ club members use character transfers to your main server?

The previous limit of 22 was due to performance degradation issues, are there any issues now?

Are there any performance downsides to having 40 level 60+ characters in one server?

Edited by Falensawino

Some games have no limit on amount of toons or stuff you can buy for these toons. Like more inventory slots.

I think it's good & refreshing & sensible work by Bioware/EA's to actually have a limit to how many you can have.

Means more sensible spending by people playing.

Think of a game like gambling or drinking or even drugs.

You spend all your money on that leaving none for much else. Cause you got addicted to to them. Speaking from Experience. Cause when I was younger I was addicted & spent way too much time & money on Gaming consoles. I now look back at that & even though I never got help for it I now manage my games to a limited amount of time spent playing them.

Not to be funny but excessive gaming can too be considered a addiction. Which left unchecked can cause the same uncontrolled money issues as said addictions above & mental issues too.

So I agree with Bioware/EA's STWOR limits on toons. There should be set limits on/offline gaming. eg. like how many toons you can have.

Gaming addiction is 1 of the lesser known addictions that many do not want to own up to. Hench why it still not as well known Has it should be.

End of day. It's responsible gaming on Bioware/EA's behalf & I applaud them for that. :rolleyes:

Edited by StewieLloyd

So now that server limit was increased to 40, how is everyone enjoying their new slots?

The previous limit of 22 was due to performance degradation issues, are there any issues now?

Are there any performance downsides to having 40 level 60+ characters in one server?

I consolidated all my Lv55+ characters on one server, and put all my Lv1-54 characters on another. Makes it much easier to manage crafting materials, etc.

It is nice. One of my favorite parts somewhat related to the character cap increase is that a Level 60 token purchased and used on one server can still allow the player to create that 60 on a separate server altogether. It's really quite nice. So, for example, instead of needing to level a Jung Ma toon to 60 just to have a toon of decent level on that server, I can now buy (with credits) a Level 60 token from Harbinger's GTN and use it to create a 60 right on Jung Ma. It's pretty great.

From what I'm reading, their last expansion increased the limit to 48 per server for VIP members. That was after my time, though still one of my all time favorite MMOs. :(
Mine too, as long as it remains an MMO ... which it seems to be moving away from. Edited by GalacticKegger

I have 29 characters on harbinger, the majority of them having been moved from merges off servers bioware closed down... but my character limit did not seem to increase to 40 with 4.0 as they said it would, and I cannot create any new characters or use my free lvl 60 token... does anyone know the reason for this? I didnt use character unlock items or anything to get all these characters on one server, all the character slots I have are from forced merges... do you have to use the unlock items to actually increase your character cap, and if so what is the starting/base limit???