Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware was sleeping or testers didnt care? Lvl 50s in 4 days ?? ***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware was sleeping or testers didnt care? Lvl 50s in 4 days ?? ***

ScoobieWanDoobie
12.19.2011 , 07:44 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Francisab View Post
Testers sleeping? Bioware not paying attention? Who tested this game? The game has been out live for like 4 days and we have lvl 50s running around??? Seriously did Bioware not realise how stupidly quick ppl could lvl? The game isnt even officaly released yet and we have ppl at capped level.. this doesnt bore well for long term.
I just don't see why you, or any of us for that matter, should care? Let them have fun. I want to enjoy the story, just like you. But why should people who enjoy power leveling not be allowed to?

Ushin
12.19.2011 , 07:49 AM | #262
As long as they don't start posting how bored they are at fifty on the boards I don't care.

Qui-Zan
12.19.2011 , 07:52 AM | #263
24 hr in and im 18...and lvl'ing is starting to fade out...for me 1-2 lvl every 6 hr... why the rush ?

Themysticeye
12.19.2011 , 08:23 AM | #264
I have over two full days of play time since the 13th which is a TON for me with kids and work and all. I have all but focused 85% of my time on one character. I do not skip cut scenes, I do PVP, Flashpoints, and Space Missions as well. I have a Vanguard Trooper that is 26th. I got a Bounty Hunter to 11 as well. Leveling slows a lot as you hit the 20s but not the play experience. The stort remains great and the world are fun. There is more than enough stuff to do to keep me busy for a long time.

Think about it, 24 hours of play time is what is in many single player RPGs in total. This game has tons to do if you choose to do it.

Power levelers will camp in a chair, skip anything that is not getting them XP, and go 24/7 until they cap. If they treated this more like an RPG MMO instead of just and end game MMO they would not be at 50 yet. They are losing all of the real benefit to the game.

Spankya
12.19.2011 , 08:27 AM | #265
Dont worry, these players will quit or reroll soon enough when they realise there's no free epix and noone else to play with.

HyperEwok
12.19.2011 , 08:30 AM | #266
In the first expansion of The MMO That Shall Not Be Named, someone who rolled a blood elf the first day they were available beat my already rolled rogue to 60. My rogue was 56. And that was before Blizzard streamlined and then nerfed the heck out 1-60 leveling.

So there's powerlevelers in any game. A lot of things can be done in a 30 hour power gaming session. Of course, they probably skipped all the dialgoue and other stuff that makes TOR great, but kudos to them.

shottgun
12.19.2011 , 08:34 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Neeseek View Post
I'm like level 13 after 20 hours in it.

Power leveling happens in every single MMORPG, Even that "other" one that everyone praises.
ROTFLMAO...At 13 hours I was on Tatooine almost done.

Norfair
12.19.2011 , 08:36 AM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoobieWanDoobie View Post
I just don't see why you, or any of us for that matter, should care? Let them have fun. I want to enjoy the story, just like you. But why should people who enjoy power leveling not be allowed to?
I have to agree. I never understood why people concern themselves with the actions of others. So what if there are capped players? Leave them at it. People who play 16 hours a day or whatever will always level fast. But for me, as someone with a job (you know, not playing games all day long) and a lust for booze and female company on the weekends the game's pace seems perfect. I played a few hours on Friday, Sat and Sunday and I just reached level 10 on my Jedi.

At the end of the day, Bioware has targeted this game at casual players. And while I wasn't always a casual MMOer, I thank them for it. Because I really don't want to be spending day in day out playing an MMO anymore just to get half a level. Those days are long gone, and as a consequence people with copious amounts of time on their hands will always decimate casual friendly games like this.

Level cap in four days? Fair play, let them enjoy the game however they want. I doubt I'll be cap for months to come yet.
"On the last recorded day in History the ultimate computation will simulate the Universe and resurrect the dead!"

Draagh
12.19.2011 , 08:45 AM | #269
great news actually. if i want to level an alt, it wont take months of grinding through quests i already know! And I want to level at least eight to enjoy eacg class storyline

I like most am enjoying the content and am level 22 after 3 days playing.

Ethern
12.19.2011 , 08:49 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by icanhasraegtiem View Post
Why do you care so much about how fast people you don't know play the game? Why? It means literally nothing to your play.
Well put.
By the way, who is the world first level 50?