[Slicing] Werent Thermal regs supposed to be increased?

Mallorik

I have to say I am a little frustrated here. I have ran over 50 missions now. ( yes I have been keeping a log out of frustration) All Rich or Bountiful and all with a companion that is max affection & +2 slicing crit on top of that I have the legacy crafting abilities that add 3% crit .

Out of those 50+ missions I have had 0 crits = 0 thermal regulators..

I have found around 12 thermal regulators while running seeker droid missions.

[uPDATE] **** Now at 54 slicing missions T7 has just returned his 1st crit with 4 Thermal Regs......

1 out 54...... hmmm

Legacy of crafting only increases crit % on crafting. Not gathering/mission skills.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thermal regulator critical chance rate is fine. When I cycle through my characters and send companions out on the Rich and Bountiful missions, I get anywhere from 20-65 thermal regulators.

I still think Bioware's efforts to make augments and augmentation kits available to everyone with basically no effort or cost within the first month of the game was a poor decision. The level 28 augments are most likely going to exist in their current incarnation as the best augments in the game for a considerable amount of time. I think it would it would have been nice to actually have augments that took time and effort to obtain, not be a staple in my gear and never upgraded again after the first couple days of 2.0 until presumably there is another level increase.

Thermal regulator critical chance rate is fine. When I cycle through my characters and send companions out on the Rich and Bountiful missions, I get anywhere from 20-65 thermal regulators.

How many characters are you Slicing on? And is this a per/day number?

For me the amount I was getting on my one toon that has Slicing was absolutely terrible,I'd be lucky to get 2 in 5 solid days of Slicing.

Post 2.0, (again with 1 Slicing toon) I seem to be getting about 2-4 per day... sending them out 3-4 times a day.

I'm ok with this number, at least I'm getting some now lol.

BUT...

Some people get a lot more than I do, some almost never get any. The "luck" seems to vary per person.

Per mission cycle, so usually about 80mins. I don't micromanage my characters because it never ends. All the characters in my signature are max level with all their companions. Crit rate for regulators seems to be about the same as all the other gathering crit rates.

seems like the core issue is that the only way to reliably get thermals is too have multiple, preferably several, characters running the missions non stop. logging on and off between several characters in order to make a crew skill mission remotely profitable is not my idea of fun, and poor design.

seems like the core issue is that the only way to reliably get thermals is too have multiple, preferably several, characters running the missions non stop. logging on and off between several characters in order to make a crew skill mission remotely profitable is not my idea of fun, and poor design.

Well, this is only correct in a general sense. The more missions you do, the more "bad luck" will even out with "good luck". And note that the players with bad luck speak louder than the players with good luck.

It reminds me of the complaints about the RE chance. People will come to the forums and complain when they're getting less than 20% RE success.

But I've never seen a thread that said, "Bioware lied to us! The RE chance is supposed to be 20%, but I'm getting a 35% success rate!!!!!!"

I know for a fact there are times when crafters have gotten streaks of good luck and beat the 20% odds. They just don't come to the forum and complain about it. :)

Well, this is only correct in a general sense. The more missions you do, the more "bad luck" will even out with "good luck". And note that the players with bad luck speak louder than the players with good luck.

It reminds me of the complaints about the RE chance. People will come to the forums and complain when they're getting less than 20% RE success.

But I've never seen a thread that said, "Bioware lied to us! The RE chance is supposed to be 20%, but I'm getting a 35% success rate!!!!!!"

I know for a fact there are times when crafters have gotten streaks of good luck and beat the 20% odds. They just don't come to the forum and complain about it. :)

I don't know what other people are seeing, but I haven't seen too much that fell outside of normal probability (since I stopped getting that stupid "You already know that recipe" error a long time ago). I do see more streaky behavior since 2.0, though. Whether I'm running missions or crafting, it seems like my crits bunch up. It could just be outlying behavior, but right after 2.0 especially it seemed like I'd crit 4-5 times in a row with a large absence in between.

Not true...I have 3 toons with slicing. Of those 3 toons I use 1 more often than the others because I am constantly running PvP matches and FPs with her (My Gunslinger). My one companion that has slicing (Riisha) I don't have even close to max affection with and yet I get returns from her and my ship droid at least twice within a 24 hour period.

The other 2 (Bounty Hunter and Sorc using Mako and Andronikus? to run the missions)....I ran missions with them yesterday after doing a few WZ's to get some credits and both critted at least once yesterday allowing me to get enough Thermal Regs to make an overkill augment and an advanced resolve augment. Before it would take me days, and I really mean a whole week could go by and I wouldn't get a single drop. Now, I get them on a more regular basis.

In the last 6 days or so I have run over 100 crafting missions on my agent, I am mainly using scorpio as shes supposed to have better luck at slicing, it was the case before 2.0 so what should have changed, 100 missions run and a toatl of 3 crits, returning me 12 Thermal Regulators. Thats not right I have never seen bacd luck like that before. Before 2.0 I would crit 2-3 times a day minium and get the old grade 6 purples a few times a day. Now Im lucky to get that in a week. Before patch 2.1 I was getting these numbers, maybe a little worse then, when 2.1 hit the numbers went up bigtime, so i thought it was fixed, but it seems that since the last bug fix to actually fix the exploits with crystals my crafting has returned to the pre 2.1 levels. Even on other crew skill missions Im getting less returns, bioanyaylis, diplomacy, treasure hunting scavenggin, archelogy. all seem to be reurned to tghe pre 2.1 level of returns so half of what they were for the few days of 2.1. Since 2.11 (the crystal bug fix) I seem to be screwed. I tried putting tickets in about this to try anbd see if a gm can clear this up, but the tickets keep getting closed.

As for prices ddroppping i think that s more to do with people getting Thernal Regularos from the CSI dailies, certainly seems that if I want to craft augments for my gear, thats the way to go.

In the last 6 days or so I have run over 100 crafting missions on my agent, I am mainly using scorpio as shes supposed to have better luck at slicing, it was the case before 2.0 so what should have changed, 100 missions run and a toatl of 3 crits, returning me 12 Thermal Regulators. Thats not right I have never seen bacd luck like that before. Before 2.0 I would crit 2-3 times a day minium and get the old grade 6 purples a few times a day. Now Im lucky to get that in a week. Before patch 2.1 I was getting these numbers, maybe a little worse then, when 2.1 hit the numbers went up bigtime, so i thought it was fixed, but it seems that since the last bug fix to actually fix the exploits with crystals my crafting has returned to the pre 2.1 levels. Even on other crew skill missions Im getting less returns, bioanyaylis, diplomacy, treasure hunting scavenggin, archelogy. all seem to be reurned to tghe pre 2.1 level of returns so half of what they were for the few days of 2.1. Since 2.11 (the crystal bug fix) I seem to be screwed. I tried putting tickets in about this to try anbd see if a gm can clear this up, but the tickets keep getting closed.

As for prices ddroppping i think that s more to do with people getting Thernal Regularos from the CSI dailies, certainly seems that if I want to craft augments for my gear, thats the way to go.

So to get 12 thermals out of 3 crits, you were only running the rich missions?

• 1 year later...
I have, in the last two weeks, noticed a marked drop the occurrence rate for Watching the Watchdogs and Unsliceable. I'm still clearing the other quests as usual, but this has been horrendous.

I have, in the last two weeks, noticed a marked drop the occurrence rate for Watching the Watchdogs and Unsliceable. I'm still clearing the other quests as usual, but this has been horrendous.

wow more than a year old thread :)

The explanation is simple: random does not equate to even. You may not like it, but it is the truth.