Colicoid Broodmaster

SWFTW

The key to the boss is the adds.

The adds are what does the damage. Alone/seperate they barely do anything, But gathered up they buff each other.

I cannot remember what the bonus was, but their buff was cumulative. like 50% increased damage for every add nearby(something like that anyway). I think it even effected the boss. So you pretty much had to kill the adds asap before they gathered up. then once they are down, back to the boss

Edited by RinoaDH

Definitely kill the adds as soon as they pop up. What I did was use Electrocute on the boss while I killed the adds. Then used Channel the Force to have Electrocute ready again for the next wave of adds. I only saw two waves of adds before I killed the boss. I was also a level 19 Sith Assassin when I beat this boss, so I'm pretty sure you can do it. I think there's already a thread on here about this boss with other tips. One of them is having the boss follow you outside to the hallway, so that the adds take longer to get to you. I didn't use that strategy but it sounds like it helped others.

I have gone off to nar shaddaa to level up befor I try that again. The boss isn't the problem its the minions mainly because the buff eachother and many hands make short work of Khem, if it was just the oane boss it would be easy enough to beat, but with the minions it near impossible to win at level 19 or 20.

I did this at 22 as a sorcerer, kite the boss out to the main core area and kill it there. I think I only had one wave of adds to deal with, the others got lost and were waiting for me in the chamber where the broodmaster was originally found after the broodmaster was dead.

Yep, very difficult. Initially at least

Khem had some pathing issues for me on the way down to the bottom of the pit, y'know the part where you have to jump down strategically. This was okay if you re-summoned him at the bottom.

The fight itself was tough, but it was the first reminder that you need a strategy in some of these class fights. As posters have mentioned previously, the key to success lay in the adds.

You'll also notice that when the boss goes underground then back up, it has buffed itself to resist force powers. So physical attacks are more effective.

I'm playing a healing specialization at the moment so my strategy was very much letting Khem focus on the boss and keeping him healed, buffed and shielded. The only force powers I used were Crushing Darkness and Affliction.

By the time the first wave of adds spawned they all aggroed me and I was able to take care of them with Overload and melee attacks. They really are very squishy. Once each wave was down, it was simply a matter of re-focusing my attention on Khem - shielding, buffing, healing until the next round of adds.

If you aren't wearing any low level gear then your willpower pool should keep you up and able to do this until the boss drops.

EDIT: I'm also playing a Sith Assassin and I have an idea on how to approach this fight, but I can't say anything for sure until i try it. If i glean anything useful i'll post it when I get there.

Edited by InquisitorsBane

Has anyone else found it extremely difficult (nigh on impossible)? Level 19 Sith Assassin here, and I've died 7-8 times trying to kill it. Am I missing anything?

It might be slightly easier at level 20 once you have Surging Charge (because you have an attack that does not consume a lot of force that hits fairly hard). Still, it is not that hard. Look for her casts; use Jolt to interrupt them whenever Jolt is not on cd. After the first Jolt, Electrocute the next cast, then Overload the third. When she does succeed in burrowing, single target the little ones. Kill one, force speed to the other and kill it: letting them beat on Khem too long will **** him.

You're going to want to pool your force; I was trying to maintain around 40-45 force at all times and relying on Thrash and Duplicity procs for Maul, so I was using quite a few saber strikes. I wanted to make sure I had enough force for any of my interrupts (once Overload and Electrocute are on CD, then I only had to worry about Jolt and Jolt is cheap).

Edited by Cinnagar

I had an issue until I figured it out. Same as what others have said. Clear out the areas prior, but leave the Haz Mat container on the bottom where the 3 standards and 1 strong are. Pull the Broodmaster back to the bottom of the tower and fight near the Haz Mat. When the adds spawn you should have the boss pretty low so you should only fight one spawn before the boss dies. Pop the container when they get to you, then Overload. That will kill the adds, then kill boss. You may have a 2nd spawn in the chamber to clean up, but they are easy then. Voila.

• 1 year later...

I am an Inquisitor Assassin and tried it at level 19. Died too often. Then levelled to lvl 20 and tried again.

died over and over and over.

Problem is that the stupid broodmaster keeps spawning all those little ones and hey, they are lvl 18 and ok so I am a normal player and my armor and for my companion are as good as I can possibly get or upgrade. I do a lot of farming to make some money but still, maybe it is all still not enough. I hate PvP so tht is not a solution.

I am kind of deflated because I really love this game but after dying sooooo often I am just depressed.

I have been fighting bosses all along and am doing well with all them them. Every time there is a mob with a star on it I go for it. So I think that Broodmaster is just overpowered.

OK there are those people who say it is sooooo easy, but really, I don't think I am the only one having problems.

• 2 years later...

playing as sith inquisitor: i was level 22 and died many times in the open room. succeeded by using the room to my advantage. looking at the alter in the main room, there is a green pool structure to the RIGHT. GO BEHIND IT by following the wall to a small path. this creates a choke point for you to control attacks only from the front.

before the fight...beef up your companion gear from inventory, use dark charge, select him, then turn on guard. this makes him take less damage and directs it toward you, but you are in the choke point while he is out bashing so he takes less dmg and dishes more out. you can retreat on path so they want you but cant get you easily.

turn on heroic moment to give some healing to you both and have a strong medpak ready. having multiple medpaks isnt helpful since the cooldown is 1.5 minutes and the battle is over before you can use 2... so the stronger the heal the better.

when the little guys get close use lacerate to "Deals X weapon damage to up to 8 targets within 5 meters" When Kem is near stay close to him, the small insects will swarm, then lacerate to hit many at once.

for myself before starting the fight, i was fully repaired [stealth-ed my way there as not to be damaged any] willpower stim, heroic moment, reckless, and used the attack combos as normal - thrash,shock, electrify, discharge...

at times ...use unbreakable will [it will highlight by itself] if you get frozen by broodmomma.

i stayed in the choke point moving out only to lure them up there. the big guy can only tunnel up spawn in front of you is you are far enough back on the path. Kem stayed alive to the end and really helped with crowd control and splitting the big girl's attention.

once they were dead i seethed and left - the medium guys in the exit hall are easy by comparison