Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is SWTOR dying?

Noctournys
02.26.2012 , 09:18 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalFinality View Post

For god's sake we still don't have a combat log.
Yeah, we've waited a damn eternity for that! EIGHT WHOLE WEEKS.

/sarcasm

Perspective, you needs it.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
Also, 'cause im tired of talking about it:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...222960&page=11

EternalFinality
02.26.2012 , 09:19 PM | #32
Quote:
Ah, untrue. WoW took a pretty big nosedive after launch (like, an almost 50% population bleed) for about four months. It kicked back up (significantly) when the game caught on. The server queues were arguably worse about 5 months in (at least on Bleeding Hollow) than they were at launch.
It's mostly because WoW was nearly unplayable on many servers for the first two months.

I consider the real "launch" of WoW to be in January when they finally got things moderately stable.

Plus they were giving people comp months and days and weeks all the time when things were down.

Bioware didn't have the stability problems at launch....

Darth_Ricky
02.26.2012 , 09:19 PM | #33
1st they come w/ big pathch to solve all problms (that dont)

2nd they come w/ srvr merge's

3rd they go f2p

in btwn they add dungeon & seasonel here & there

most mmos xcept wow do this
Unsubbed, see u where the pvp is at

EternalFinality
02.26.2012 , 09:19 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Noctournys View Post
Yeah, we've waited a damn eternity for that! EIGHT WHOLE WEEKS.

/sarcasm

Perspective, you needs it.
You mean 8 weeks plus 5 years right? It was in beta. It's in the game! THEY REMOVED IT.

Noctournys
02.26.2012 , 09:23 PM | #35
It's mostly because WoW was nearly unplayable on many servers for the first two months.

I consider the real "launch" of WoW to be in January when they finally got things moderately stable.

Plus they were giving people comp months and days and weeks all the time when things were down.

Bioware didn't have the stability problems at launch....
Yeah, i got 33 days of comp time from Blizzard =P

CptKloss
02.26.2012 , 09:25 PM | #36
You mean 8 weeks plus 5 years right? It was in beta. It's in the game! THEY REMOVED IT.
they didnt remove it because there was something wrong with it, they removed it so people have no easy way of seeing everything that's currently broken
"Please tell me Kenny is blowing up a man-shaped balloon"

Noctournys
02.26.2012 , 09:26 PM | #37
I dont really care; that's not the point of the comment. The comment was purely to highlight your willful ignorance of how development works on any game.

Even if they say "we are adding this feature into the game" - even if that feature was something that some fan coded in XML in about an hours work...

it WILL take weeks or months to get into the live client of a game.

Period.

The company has proceedures for how stuff gets added. The feature WILL follow those procedures to make it live. It's almost as inflexible and inexorable as death and the taxman.

Expecting otherwise is just foolish.

rlpirate
02.26.2012 , 09:27 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilpingu View Post
TOR will continue to limp along for another year or so I think, but the lack of community feeling in the game will be its death.

At the core, TOR is not a terrible game by any means. Max-level is shambolic, but the 1-49 experience of questing and fairly entertaining (if a little thin) Warzone PvP keeps things interesting. Sure they dropped the ball on a ton of stuff, but other stuff eg: the questing system is the best I've encountered in any MMO.

What keeps MMOs alive is Community and IMHO this is where TOR fails the hardest. Still not having a proper server forum system is inexcusable. The game world is so wide-open and/or instanced off into little pockets of storyline that you barely even see anyone else. The "fleet" experience is also very underwhelming, most people hanging around either the GTN or the PvP quest giver.

Community keeps even the worst MMOs alive, but TOR's complete lack might spell its doom. Time will tell I guess...
this

For me it almost feels like a xbox game at this point since i really dont have to talk to anyone. I load in, que and get the daily and log out. once u have epics whats the point of continueing? In swg the main reason i stayed as long as i did was the community, all the drama and crazyness kept it interesting but here we dont have that. Que up fight win/lose and do it again.
Swtor needs more pvp

Elysion
02.26.2012 , 09:34 PM | #39
A lot of things were better in beta.

I think they lost the polished build a few builds before release.

3 builds before release was high point of the game i think.

douglaslives
02.26.2012 , 09:34 PM | #40
if you dont add competitve pvp it is completely dead but hey they made their money back already i am sure