Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skip KotFE and KotET

LordVitalus
11.20.2019 , 12:50 PM | #1
I was wondering if it was possible to skip the story after Ziost and start directly Jedi under Siege or Onslaught, and how to do it.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

SteveTheCynic
11.20.2019 , 01:29 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVitalus View Post
I was wondering if it was possible to skip the story after Ziost and start directly Jedi under Siege or Onslaught, and how to do it.
At Level 70+ go to your ship's mission console and take the mission Inflection Point to start Jedi Under Siege. It's not currently possible to jump directly to Onslaught.

Parts of the preceding story that you haven't done will be "defaulted" to LS decisions on Pubsiders, and DS decisions on Impsiders, except for:
* Agents take the LS version of the decision about SCORPIO in Chapter V (Iokath) of KotET.
* All characters preserve *both* Kaliyo Djannis and Aric Jorgan at the end of Chapter XIII (Vandin) of KotFE.
* All characters preserve Theron Shan at the end of Nathema Conspiracy segment of the Traitor Arc.

Separately (it's not an LS/DS thing):
Spoiler
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

ceryxp
11.20.2019 , 01:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVitalus View Post
You can skip FE/ET in a couple ways. From Ziost you can skip directly to Iokath, which will allow you to complete the Traitor arc and go on to Ossus. Or you can skip directly to Ossus, which will autocomplete everything story related before that with the default choices. In order to start Onslaught you have to have completed Hearts and Minds, which is auto-granted after you complete Ossus (Jedi Under Siege). You do all of this from the mission terminal on your personal ship.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

LordVitalus
11.20.2019 , 01:35 PM | #4
Thanks! I was 67, so that's why I didn't have the mission in the console still.
Click here for 7 free premium days.
Darth Vitalus, Lord of Life.

TheWookiee
11.22.2019 , 01:31 PM | #5
Have a follow up to the OP question, if you do skip KOTFE and KOTET, do you still have the side missions available for companion recruitment?
Click Link Below For FREE 7 Day Access and FREE Starter Bundle!

Nee-Elder
11.22.2019 , 01:52 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWookiee View Post
Have a follow up to the OP question, if you do skip KOTFE and KOTET, do you still have the side missions available for companion recruitment?
I was under the impression, code-wise, that most of the side 'ALERTS' are directly triggered by the choices players make while in the midst of certain KOTFE & KOTET chapters. (as well as any subsequent 'influence' you gain with the 4 Alliance HQ npc's on Odessan )

But of course others can answer better, since i've never actually skipped KOTFE/KOTET before myself.

(In fact, i'm still wondering about just the opposite effect: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...20#post9791920 )

**EDIT: 2 other players with actual experience-in-skipping have answered better below
Never tell me the odds!

tuulem
11.22.2019 , 02:06 PM | #7
You should still get all the alliance alerts, you will have to do the Finding a Findsman alert to unlock any that are not subscriber reward alerts (Paxton etc). The only one that is auto-completed for you is the one for Arcann.

You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET chapters, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.

Edited for clarity regarding pre-romanced comps.

SteveTheCynic
11.22.2019 , 02:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tuulem View Post
You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.
However, a companion who comes back through a pre-Ossus alert can be re-ignited. This affects:
* Akaavi Spar
* Mako
* Felix Iresso
* Risha
* Corso Riggs
* Andronikos Revel
* Ashara Zavros
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Scott_Kowalczuk
11.22.2019 , 06:24 PM | #9
Quote:
You will not be able to re-ignite a romance if your romanced companion comes back through KOTFE/ET, nor will you be able to initiate a romance with Lana, Theron or Koth.
Just to confirm, if I skip KotFE and KotET, will my LS Sith Warrior be able to romance Jaesa when she returns?
Datacron Master

SteveTheCynic
11.23.2019 , 03:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott_Kowalczuk View Post
Just to confirm, if I skip KotFE and KotET, will my LS Sith Warrior be able to romance Jaesa when she returns?
I presume that you mean "Will my Sith Warrior be able to romance LS Jaesa when she returns?". The Warrior's alignment doesn't, as such, matter.

Yes, your warrior, male or female, will be able to romance LSJ. Be sure to listen to her when you meet her *during* the story on Ossus, because she'll give you a big hint about what you must choose in a LS/DS decision near the end of the story. If you choose wrong, you will not be able to romance her.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.