Free-to-Play Preview Episode 2

CourtneyWoods

For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.

While I see your point, there's a difference between a small, modest, floating chair and a massive, big, fat, red thing with the Imperial ensignia projected above it. It simply looks ridiculous.

P.S. It hardly floats, is flies about the place like a swoop bike - it would have worked a lot better as a meditation chair which it claims to be.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For heaven's sake..Yoda HAD a floating chair in Episode II...he used it while talking with Obi Won at the Jedi temple.

Also yoda could barely walk without using the force in fights and he normally waddles around like an old man.

What is trully strange is an imperial agent cruising tatooine on the giant throne or sitting infront of a PVP terminal doing 360s.

Wait a second, two things caught my attention in this discussion. 1 - why would roleplayers be unhappy about the chair, hmm? I am not sure what to think about your limited imagination. Of course, a guy speeding through the desert on a flying throne would be ridiculous, but imagine a Darth hovering at walk speed through the Kaas citadel, talking to his apprentice that has to walk on foot. Imagine a Palpatine-like venerable sorcerer moving on the throne followed by his retinue.

Hell, if you want it to be stationary, then you can just not move it, for the love of God! A guild's council, all sitting on the thrones around a table at Korriban or DK, debating. When it can move, you can put it in nice circle or line for rp uses. Don't diss it just because your imagination is too limited to come up with something that isn't whining.

Why do the RIDICULOUS designs of most of the endgame armors not ruin your oh so fragile Star Wars immersion?

To all those claiming that they don't want useless gimmicks.. GOOD FOR YOU. Really. I am happy to hear that, now move along. First of all - as someone mentioned before me it's an MMO. Social stuff like funny pets, silly emotes and whatnot is just mandatory for players to have fun. You're not one of them? Well, too bad. DEAL WITH IT. Second thing - you don't want them, then don't buy them! As simple as that. Cartel Market from the beginning was advertised to have buckets of "useless gimicks" that some will enjoy. And yet people still ***** about it, astonishing.

Yes, this post is being written in anger. I'm a sith player, okay? :mad:

I just hope that BioWare comes up with some nice idea on how to expanding the contents available at CE and VIP vendors. Right now I don't really feel appreciated anymore as an owner of the CE. And they said it would be updated. But for now I will be happy if we'll get a steady stream of content updates for the Cartel Market. I would gladly pay 700 CC just for an adaptive version of the Sith Warrior's recruit gear helmet. In fact, I would buy two or three.

TL;DR version:

You don't want it - don't buy it. You don't like it - don't buy it. It ruins your immersion and makes you not enjoy the game? Go play an RPG. This is how MMO's always worked. You either get on with it or go play something else, as simple as that. Don't deny others their fun just because you don't like something. This game wasn't designed just for you to enjoy.

I have seen some very stupid things but a throne with rockets on the bottom so so you move about while seated? Really Bioware?

From the video it even looked like it went up to speeder piloting 3 so would ba as fast if not faster than speeders. So people will be flying around on floating thrones. And yet sitting on a stationaty chair is too much work.

The flying throne isn't a new concept & certainly wasn't conceived by Bioware - I remember seeing that used in Marvel & DC comics over the years (Thanos used to use one at some point, for example). Personally I like it & hopefully will obtain one at some point. That's the thing - these items aren't to everyone's taste, so not sure why you need to call it "stupid" simply because you don't like it.

The flying throne isn't a new concept & certainly wasn't conceived by Bioware - I remember seeing that used in Marvel & DC comics over the years (Thanos used to use one at some point, for example). Personally I like it & hopefully will obtain one at some point. That's the thing - these items aren't to everyone's taste, so not sure why you need to call it "stupid" simply because you don't like it.

The fact is, and this is a response to the above, above poster as well. Its a good idea, I have nothing against floating/stationary thrones. Many RPers were looking forward to it. But as a speeder (the key phrase there being 'speed') is verging on the ridiculous. I mean, I'm sure none of those characters you mentioned sped about the place in their thrones like F1 drivers. Basically it would have worked better as a meditation throne aboard your ship, that maybe gives you buffs or something. Or some sort of emote, that is stationary.

P.S. Is this available for Republic players, or have they just missed out? Seems a little unfair if you ask me.

Basically it would have worked better as a meditation throne aboard your ship, that maybe gives you buffs or something. Or some sort of emote, that is stationary.

P.S. Is this available for Republic players, or have they just missed out? Seems a little unfair if you ask me.

1 - it's available for republic players, but it still has imperial emblem on it. Might be unfair, but I am sure Rep kids will get a few goodie-good themed items in future.

2 - The sentences I quoted.. if you would go back three posts and read what I wrote about the throne being used in RP you might look at the matter in a bit different way. But given that I am a masochist, I will go through it again. You see - the throne can and will still be used by some roleplayers as a stationary thing for rp. A throne, meditation chair and whatnot. Remember, though, that most the template-placed objects in game tend to appear a little to the side, never in the middle of your template. Placing them in a circle, for a guild leader meeting(given that all the leaders would have them) would be nigh impossible. But as speeders, players can just pop them up and fly to form as perfect circle as they want with some effort. So if it being mobile is actually a good thing, why take the mobility away?

Furthermore - if it was meant to be mobile, but not used as a speeder per se, it would have no practical value outside the rp. But as with the speeder you can pop the walk speed by pressing " / " on num pad, why restrict it's speed? As much as I find it funny when someone is speeding on that throne through Hoth or Dune Sea, it doesn't either happen too often(it's still pretty rare) nor affects my gameplay experience so horribly when I see one player roaming on it that I would whine like a hipster kid whose parents refused to buy an iPhone for. Of course there are more of those in, let's say, Imperial Fleet, but do not expect any immersion from the social hub. People wearing silly armors, people doing silly stuff, people with silly names, they all are in the Fleet. If a throne speeder pains you so much, just think about those huge *** speeder cars that some people fly in the rather tight hallways of the station. Some of them barely fit. In fact, any type of speeders should be prohibited in such place, but it's for players' covenience.

Either way - I see no reason to go so harsh on the item. It still bears the rp value as a cosmetic item, and some might use it as their speeder. Even if it looks silly, they might enjoy it. Your fun is not more important than theirs. :) If it bothers you in the world, you are overly sensitive since it's rare. If it bothers you on Imperial Fleet, there's something wrong with you, because it's the social hub and stuff like that is acceptable. It's almost mandatory for people to have some mind-numbing fun while not doing OPs and hard modes at the station, simple. :rak_04:

While I see your point, there's a difference between a small, modest, floating chair and a massive, big, fat, red thing with the Imperial ensignia projected above it. It simply looks ridiculous.

P.S. It hardly floats, is flies about the place like a swoop bike - it would have worked a lot better as a meditation chair which it claims to be.

This. I have no problem with a floating throne for meditation or something or even a more modest one like Yoda had that can still look bad*ss, especially if slow, but it's the execution that really makes this look like an eyesore. It just isn't plausible that any Sith would hover around in such a ridiculous thing. You'd look like a tool.

And the whiny "if you don't like it, don't buy it" line is so old and ineffective. The reason I don't like it is because I don't want dozens of other people speeding around in that stupid thing. It kills the immersion factor, and feeling immersed in the game is important.

Edited by RiversBlack

I see a lot of whining about the floating throne thing. If it's a speeder rest assured I will pay to own this on all my characters and cruise around fleet. Haters gonna hate.

Go ahead and pay a bunch of money in hopes of being as cool as you think you are. Tools gonna be tools.

Already some better ideas for the implementation of cash-stop items from the players than the ones we are seeing in the videos. Adding a carbonite "trophy" in your ship of someone you defeated in a duel is a good idea - as is making it a trophy from a defeated boss - and keeps immersion in check.

For the Sith Meditation Throne, instead of making it a mount it would be better as something you buy for your ship where if you sit in it, you receive buffs that persist through death - which would make perfect sense for what it is, and be ideal for Warzones or even Flashpoints.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for agreeing with that idea. Would really like for BioWare to notice this one and rework the carbonite item into something that can make more sense, as no one would ever put themselves in carbonite for a few seconds, just for show.

Where is the episode where the Cartel Coin shop items are bugged and when you put a ticket in they say its bugged but you aren't getting a refund and before you ask again, go read the TOS and then proceed to pounding sand?

Because I am out 400 coins so far in bugged coin shop items that they say "We hope the devs will get them fixed ASAP until then there is nothing we can do for you as we do not refund anything from the Cartel Market".

I hope that episode includes the Devs going on vacation for 8 days just 2 days after releasing said buggy Cartel Market.

This. I have no problem with a floating throne for meditation or something or even a more modest one like Yoda had that can still look bad*ss, especially if slow, but it's the execution that really makes this look like an eyesore. It just isn't plausible that any Sith would hover around in such a ridiculous thing. You'd look like a tool.

And the whiny "if you don't like it, don't buy it" line is so old and ineffective. The reason I don't like it is because I don't want dozens of other people speeding around in that stupid thing. It kills the immersion factor, and feeling immersed in the game is important.

I don't know whether you deliberately ignored the rest of my post and just skipped to the "If you don't like it, don't buy it" part or read it whole but decided to not comment on the rest. I am not going to write the same thing for the third time. If you want to use the same arguments I broke down and nullified twice already, it's up to you. If you want to argue, address the rest of my arguments first.

P.s. - show me the dozens. On my server I see max 3-4 thrones at peak hours in the imperial fleet, don't get butthurt.

P.s. 2 - I really prefer it as a speeder that I can use anywhere even as a stationary chair for roleplay rather than some fancy cosmetic piece of furniture stuck forever at my ship. Not that I wouldn't want a meditation chamber or throne installed there, but I see no reason to not add two new items that would be respectively jedi and sith meditation chairs.

P.s. 3 - have you noticed how it is NO LONGER a meditation chair? Did you read it's item name or tooltip? Overlord's Command Throne. Not meditation one. Nuh-uh. And for the record - I have one and I don't use it as a speeder, but I see no reason to deny others the possibility to use it as one. Again, I wrote that before in my other two posts.

Have a nice day.