A few thoughts about launch, EGA, and you!

KiroLM

While I can understand the mentality behind all the nerd rage, I was thinking about a few things.

Getting your invite means this:

1. Looking at the server status at the moment, about an hour wait no matter how you slice it unless you jump onto the handful of Low Pop PvP servers.

2. Going into a world with a ridiculous economy as everyone is trying to charge as much as possible for every even remotely rare item or resources. This will continue as supply slams demand and prices level out. So buying anything is out of the question.

3. Incredibly overactive zones. Sure, you might get your 10 levels at the starting zone because so many things are instanced. And then what? If you're on a PvP server (particularly if you're playing Republic), you're going to run into hordes of people killing each other. That means lag, that means making it damn near impossible to finish quests, and that means lots of corpse runs, unless you decide to run...

4. Instances. And how well do you think those are going to go? Guilds are all working together, as they should be. So you're going into a massive PUG with too much DPS, healers that can't heal, tanks that want to be DPS, no strategies down for anything, little communication, and random lag spiking throwing the whole thing into disarray.

5. Maintenance. This is the pre-launch period of the game. As such, they're going to have a ton of resets, reboots, last-minute patches, etc. They're going to bring the servers down if they need to. Whatever time the servers are online, they will get slammed, meaning more queue times and more wait.

I guess my point is, Early Access is not going to be the blissful 3 days of free leveling before the game gets flooded with launch-day buyers. Think about it. How many people are going to discover this game on the 20th, or pick it up as an impulse buy? Let the economy grow, let the issues get ironed it, let the server populations level out, and your experience will be far superior.