Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Sentenzas
04.12.2012 , 11:34 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Someone doesn't know how MMOs work. The more OP you are, the harder the coming nerf. It's only going to take a few weeks before Marauders get nerfed even harder than Sorcerers did. Enjoy being the flavor of the month.
The game is going to be free-to-play by next month's flavor. I figure it like this: Sorcs had 4 months, Marauders get 1 month before the tolling of the bell.

Darth_Solrac
04.12.2012 , 11:35 AM | #32
WTH is the OP crying over again? My Sorc STILL pwns in PvE. If one douche team leader wants to be ignorant & over assuming, let em.

We will still find a way to be relevant in PvP.

Sorcs unite!
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

-Vexus-
04.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #33
I have a War Hero Sorc and a Battlemaster (almost War Hero) Marauder. I can unequivocably say that the Marauder was the stronger PvP class pre-1.2. With the nerfs (both classes got nerfed if you had a good build btw), the Sorc really becomes second-rate as a dps'er. The damage is poor, the burst is extremely sub-par, and the survivability is the worst in the game. The bubble is nice, but even with it Sorcs are the least survivable class in the game.

If you want to see Force Lightning and still PvP, reroll as a Darkness Assassin and gear up for dps. You get faaaaaar more survivability than a Sorcerer, just as much if not more utility, and you get to use the cool looking Force Lightning. Stealth? Check. Force Run? Check. Tank survivability? Check. Grapple pull (of foes)? Check. Dominating 1v1 abiltiy? Check. Control? Check. Burst damage? Check.

Apparently Darth Maul not only kicked azz with a light saber moreso than the Emperor, but also Darth Maul was better with the force too.
Vexus - 50 Sorcerer
Killjoy - 50 Marauder

Darth_Solrac
04.12.2012 , 11:48 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by -Vexus- View Post
I have a War Hero Sorc and a Battlemaster (almost War Hero) Marauder. I can unequivocably say that the Marauder was the stronger PvP class pre-1.2. With the nerfs (both classes got nerfed if you had a good build btw), the Sorc really becomes second-rate as a dps'er. The damage is poor, the burst is extremely sub-par, and the survivability is the worst in the game. The bubble is nice, but even with it Sorcs are the least survivable class in the game.

If you want to see Force Lightning and still PvP, reroll as a Darkness Assassin and gear up for dps. You get faaaaaar more survivability than a Sorcerer, just as much if not more utility, and you get to use the cool looking Force Lightning. Stealth? Check. Force Run? Check. Tank survivability? Check. Grapple pull (of foes)? Check. Dominating 1v1 abiltiy? Check. Control? Check. Burst damage? Check.

Apparently Darth Maul not only kicked azz with a light saber moreso than the Emperor, but also Darth Maul was better with the force too.
Are you high? We WILL find a way to pwn again in PvE, mark our words. Judging by some of the posts here, seems some of my sorc brothers are already starting to.

But EU? SERIOUSLY? Darth Sidious was the greatest Sith Inquisitor/Sorcerer, greatest SITH EVER. The strongest, the smartest. MASTERED EVERY Dark Side force technique, & yes, every lightsaber style. Who was master & apprentice again?

ALMOST EVERY Sith Emperor has been a sorc. The other classes can enjoy their TOR charity, cuz ANYWHERE else, EU, all that, sorcs run the show.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

RenzoMalice
04.12.2012 , 12:54 PM | #35
only the baddie sorcs will fail in pve. just because Hybrid is dead doesn't mean sorcs dps is dead. QFT with QQ and just re roll the new flavor of the month: marauder.
Where is your god now?

Frankenseuss
04.12.2012 , 01:09 PM | #36
This is my honest opinion on this whole shenanigan. Keep in mind I don't play a sorcerer or a sage, I play a scrapper and am currently working on a sniper. It happens in most mmo's where a class is only good for one thing. I'll list a few examples below.

WoW: in the days of vanilla, people laughed at you if your paladin was anything but holy. Nobody wanted you for raids unless you healed. Then in the days of TBC, the ONLY thing arcane mages were good for was to buff the raid, then they were taken out and replaced with that player's main.

Rift: At first, the thing to be was a Champion warrior. They were unstoppable, but they got nerfed to the stone age. suddenly it was a pyro mage that was the faceroll class.

The point I'm trying to make is that classes with fluctuate. The only way pre 1.2 anyone would take my scrapper into a raid or wz group was if I was healing, and that forced many scrappers to play heals. Now it seems that day has come for sorcerers and sages, where it'll take a bit more work and a lot more elbow grease to play effectively. If you truly love your class, which I'll always love my scrapper, then you'll find your way through and still have a good time. Whether your role is now a healer, or whatever it may be, try to learn to adapt and make the best out of it. Your class is (in my opinion) never unplayable, but rather now a more challenging class to play.

See it in this perspective, remember the sayings from a few weeks/months ago: "A well played guardian/jugg is brutal." The same was said about snipers and gunslingers, they were hard classes to play, and still are, but when you learn the ropes and apply what you've learned, you'll still be unstoppable. They may have nerfed the Sorcerer class, but they can NEVER nerf your skill. Hang in there guys, and it'll be even better when you still end up beating people who mostly assume your class is "Dead." when you get beat by a "dead" class, it's much more of a slap in the face because you assume no sorcerer can beat you. Learn your class, perfect it, and you will be highly respected, I promise you that. Don't quit, sorcs, we all truly do enjoy playing with AND against you.

Rikeryo
04.12.2012 , 01:15 PM | #37
respeccing to heal is not an option. why? because healing with this class is the same **** as dpsing.
5% club member

Capt_Obvious
04.12.2012 , 01:23 PM | #38
Would you all stop crying please......

Vuetee
04.12.2012 , 01:30 PM | #39
This is a different class to the one I rolled... :'(

Endorn
04.12.2012 , 01:34 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by RenzoMalice View Post
only the baddie sorcs will fail in pve. just because Hybrid is dead doesn't mean sorcs dps is dead. QFT with QQ and just re roll the new flavor of the month: marauder.
Hybrid is still the top dps... all specs got nerfed about 200dps across the board when we were already not the top dps class.
WRATH
World Top 10 Ops Progression - Vulkar Highway
www.Wrath-Tor.com