Long standing graphics bug with Vector and Scourge

Damask_Rose

For years now Vector and Scourge (the defaults, their customizations are fine) don't have skin textures when they wear any armor that shows skin. Back in the day, Amber championed getting covert gear fixed, but however they fixed covert gear, no skin-baring armor has worked since. With every single one default Vector and Scourge look like they are wearing unitards and bras under the armor. This is in game, in the preview window and in cut-scenes.

To make things worse, when we get Vector back through the Alliance alert, even though he has all of the irritating shortcomings of the returned companions (like lips not moving and not being able to get area barks on old planets), AA Vector still has the bugged body art.

If you can't fix Vector and Scourge, could you please give me an explanation as to why the bodies of every other male in the game, including Vector's and Scourge's customizations work just fine, but their's don't? And could you please, pretty please take note of this bug and not let it get passed on to Future Scourge when he get's re-introduced?

For visual reference on just how bad this looks, here is a sampling of Cartel Armors that Vector and Scourge look ridiculous in. https://i.imgur.com/upg7L1W.jpg

I would like to add another companion to this list - VETTE

In certain cutscenes - especially in KOTFE/KOTET she appears with her blue head, a human upper torso and black legs. I also have seen random Twi'lek NPCs in different planets where they are solid black like that in their dancer outfit.

• Dev Post

Thanks for the report Damask_Rose! We're looking into this and I'll post again when I've got more information to share.

For years now Vector and Scourge (the defaults, their customizations are fine) don't have skin textures when they wear any armor that shows skin. Back in the day, Amber championed getting covert gear fixed, but however they fixed covert gear, no skin-baring armor has worked since. With every single one default Vector and Scourge look like they are wearing unitards and bras under the armor. This is in game, in the preview window and in cut-scenes.

To make things worse, when we get Vector back through the Alliance alert, even though he has all of the irritating shortcomings of the returned companions (like lips not moving and not being able to get area barks on old planets), AA Vector still has the bugged body art.

If you can't fix Vector and Scourge, could you please give me an explanation as to why the bodies of every other male in the game, including Vector's and Scourge's customizations work just fine, but their's don't? And could you please, pretty please take note of this bug and not let it get passed on to Future Scourge when he get's re-introduced?

For visual reference on just how bad this looks, here is a sampling of Cartel Armors that Vector and Scourge look ridiculous in. https://i.imgur.com/upg7L1W.jpg

Never came across that regarding Vette, but can confirm Vector and unitard/bra strap.

It happens when you change Vette's armor out into something other than the set they put her in when she comes back in Profit and Plunder chapter. If you decided to change that default armor - the cut scene at the end when you are celebrating about your victory shows her with a human torso and black legs. Later when I was running other chapters like the one on Iokath in KOTET for example, she was normal regardless of what you put on her.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
5.10.3 has come and gone. Did the information the QA_Droid was tracking disappear into the void along with the droid? Scourge is now a companion that every character can acquire and he is poised to be a big part of the main story. Surely it is worth fixing his skin so he can wear ALL Cartel Market clothes without having a unitard and bra underneath? If it is too hard to fix his skin, could we at least get a customization that looks like his default look as a work around?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...