Are there HM flashpoints that can be solo'd now?

I tried Black Talon on my sniper with a 42 affection companion and mostly 216 gear.

Keeping the captain alive, skipping the 2nd boss and bonus boss, I was able to get to the end, but couldn't keep up with healing the companion, moving the companion out of range when the boss does the jump/pushback, and dps'ing the boss.

Am I trying the wrong FP, or does it come with practice?

(edited for clarity after re-reading)

Edited by Darevsool

There r few u can solo by going in tank, but its pointless. Its not the pre-4.0 fights. I am trying to get the achievments done for HM fps, but with no luck. Pops are very few and if u get a group you end up wiping on silly stuff.

BIoware should never have scaled the Flashpoints!

Some HM flashpoint bosses have quite tight enrage timers if you're trying to solo them. I'll list the ones I've soloed as a Hatred Assassin from easiest to hardest in my opinion. Some of these also include the bonus boss.

Boarding Party

Hammer Station

Black Talon

Red Reaper

False Emperor

Directive 7

Athiss

Cademimu

Legacy of Rakata

Czerka Core Meltdown

Battle of Ilum

Kaon Under Siege

Foundry

Mandalorian Raiders

Flashpoints I've soloed apart from one boss but certainly possible without help.

Czerka Corporate Labs

Assault on Tython

Flashpoint where I killed 1 boss or no bosses at all (minibosses do not count)

Lost Island

Battle of Rishi

Korriban Incursion

Depths of Manaan

Blood Hunt

Wow, i am impressed, care to show some videos of it?

Didn't record them the first time I did them but can happily do and record them again. Any specific flashpoint you want to see or all the ones I can solo?

Well well, I only soloed Black Talon cause was bored and it was pretty tight enrage-wise, color me impressed.

I mean, I was on nearly-BiS anni mara with some decent affection comp and some bosses still proved to be a problem. Bonus boss appeared impossible to me due to tight enrage/harsh damage output. Maybe it's doable on other class like jugg, dunno, but it was pretty hard.

Very impressive. When I first saw a video of you soloing a HMFP I thought "that's probably back in 3.x. Wait, he is lvl 65. Well it's a tactical then. Wait, there are no koltotanks..." So I was like "how the hell is he doing this?" (I still am btw^^)

That made me curious what I could do with my Arsenal Merc. I'm not exactly a NiM-Raider-kind-of-player (actually only just started with my first HM-Bosses outside of EV/KP) so I expected to fail.

However I managed to do Hammerstation, Athiss and Boarding Party and I actually died a lot less, than I had expected. Especially when it comes to trash mobs :).

The only boss I had to try more than twice was the first boss of BP. I couldn't keep up my companion so I had to basically do it without one... thank god for my offheals :D.

The only bonusboss I could kill was the one in BP, Hammerstation was to much damage and for the Athiss one the 24s cooldown on my interrupt was to long.

So those 3 FP were probably the easiest ones. Which one would you advice me to try next? Directve 7 maybe?

Very impressive. When I first saw a video of you soloing a HMFP I thought "that's probably back in 3.x. Wait, he is lvl 65. Well it's a tactical then. Wait, there are no koltotanks..." So I was like "how the hell is he doing this?" (I still am btw^^)

That made me curious what I could do with my Arsenal Merc. I'm not exactly a NiM-Raider-kind-of-player (actually only just started with my first HM-Bosses outside of EV/KP) so I expected to fail.

However I managed to do Hammerstation, Athiss and Boarding Party and I actually died a lot less, than I had expected. Especially when it comes to trash mobs :).

The only boss I had to try more than twice was the first boss of BP. I couldn't keep up my companion so I had to basically do it without one... thank god for my offheals :D.

The only bonusboss I could kill was the one in BP, Hammerstation was to much damage and for the Athiss one the 24s cooldown on my interrupt was to long.

So those 3 FP were probably the easiest ones. Which one would you advice me to try next? Directve 7 maybe?

I used to raid NIM until few months ago when my raid team died due to no new content, I'm the only one left who still plays regularly from that team.

If you're interested in trying more flashpoints then I'd say Kaon or Red Reaper are probably easier than the rest, just be careful with the trash in Red Reaper. Companion WISE there are differences, Lana is the best healing companion atm due to having only 5.6s cooldown on Soothe while every other companion in healing stance have 7.5s cooldown but using Lana on every boss is not wise, looking at you Foundry Guardian.

interested in trying more flashpoints

As for me im after achievments and its hard to find a group for a HM fps when i play, therefore i was hoping for Bioware to unscale the HM fps as it was before so you can solo them. Even when i get a group its mostly a fail, but sometimes we do finish.

The problem is that there arent people anymore that CAN do the fps. Its full of new people. I do understand it, its new people and they are trying and need to learn it. The "old dogs" either left the game or dont see a point in quing for HM fps, no reward, no nothing, mainly if you have all the achievments.

I used to raid NIM until few months ago when my raid team died due to no new content, I'm the only one left who still plays regularly from that team.

If you're interested in trying more flashpoints then I'd say Kaon or Red Reaper are probably easier than the rest, just be careful with the trash in Red Reaper. Companion WISE there are differences, Lana is the best healing companion atm due to having only 5.6s cooldown on Soothe while every other companion in healing stance have 7.5s cooldown but using Lana on every boss is not wise, looking at you Foundry Guardian.

Red Reaper is done :). But boy was that trash a PITA.... I died a lot. On some trash pulls I had to thin out the pack one by one untill I finally killed enough to survive the rest :o. The bosses were ridiculously easy in comparison. I won't be doing that again any time soon, at least not on a non-stealth class :D.

That is quite impressive.

My problem is that I'm trying to get the deco achievements and, for Boarding Party, Ilum, Black Talon, and False Emperor, it's tough to find a group that'll kill all bosses. Makes me wish that I had pushed harder back when I could solo them to get the decos.

Edited by Thepyrethatburns

Finished recording the 14 HM flashpoints I had previously solo'd, videos below. Hammer Station, Cademimu and Kaon doesn't have their bonus bosses.

Athiss HM

Professor Ley'arsha

The Beast of Vodal Kressh

Ancient Abomination

Prophet of Vodal

Battle of Ilum HM

Gark the Indomitable

Drinda Zel & Velasu Graege

Krel Thak

Guid Patriarch

Darth Serevin

Black Talon HM

Sergeant Boran

GXR-5 Sabotage Droid

Commander Khulil

GXR-7 Command Droid

Yadira Ban

Boarding Party HM

HXI-54 Juggernaut

Major Alvena

Sakan Do'nair

Chief Engineer Kels

Storm Squad

Cademimu HM

Officer Xander

Captain Grimyk

General Ortol

Czerka Core Meltdown HM

Enhanced Vrblther

Enhanced Duneclaw

The Vigilant

Directive 7 HM

Mentor Assassins

Interrogator

Bulwark

Replicator

Mentor

False Emperor HM

Tregg the Destoryer

Jindo Krey

HK-47

Sith Entity

Darth Malgus

Foundry HM

The Foundry Guardian

HK-47

Burrower Matriarch

Revan

Hammer Station HM

DN-314 Tunneler

Vorgan the Volcano

Battlelord Kreshan

Kaon Under Siege HM

Turret Boss

Rakghoul Behemoth

Rakghoul Supersoldiers

Legacy of Rakata HM

War Chief Rehkta

Commander Rand

Infinite Army Prototype

Darth Arkous & Colonel Darok

Mandalorian Raiders HM

Braxx the Bloodhound

Boarding Party

Gil

Mavrix Varad

Red Reaper HM

Lord Kherus

SV-3 Eradicator

Darth Ikoral

Sweet dude. Would like to add my first boss of Lost Island HM (the droid, not the shell crab, we don't count that :p)

Actually looking into strategizing a full run for the entire FP.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Loud Scourge has a similar setup with the 5.6s soothe, though Kira does more off DPS than Lana does, so depending on the boss different healing comps will be better.

Loud Scourge has a similar setup with the 5.6s soothe, though Kira does more off DPS than Lana does, so depending on the boss different healing comps will be better.

I only play my assassin so didn't know about Scourge having the same cooldown. I don't really mind which companion to use cause they're all at influence 50 not counting Xalek and Broonmark though cause I killed them.

I think, I'm gonna need a hint how to deal with the trash in Kaon. How did you deal with the infected mercenarys (or whatever they are called, the ones that stun you for a minute or so)? Assuming you did not just stealth, because that's not an option for my merc :p

Btw, I did Black Talon and the Foundry since my last post (without bonus bosses). Both were pretty interresting and I had a lot of fun :)

I think, I'm gonna need a hint how to deal with the trash in Kaon. How did you deal with the infected mercenarys (or whatever they are called, the ones that stun you for a minute or so)? Assuming you did not just stealth, because that's not an option for my merc :p

Btw, I did Black Talon and the Foundry since my last post (without bonus bosses). Both were pretty interresting and I had a lot of fun :)

Well before what i did was order the companion to attack the stunning guy, but not sure how its now in HM since back then there was no healing necessary.

• 2 months later...