Prestige gathering for non-raiders

Kulyok

I love decorating. It's soothing, it's beautiful, and very meditative. I've decorated my four strongholds fully, and I'm redecorating now, preparing for Yavin Stronghold.

Naturally, me being rather proud of my cantina/garden/medbay/even the ship hangar, I want to display all that when I'm done redecorating. So I'm gathering as much prestige as possible: buy packs and bundles, do solo achievements and some flashpoints, hunt GTN decorations and so on.

But even though I try my best, there's still a huge gap between my prestige(~165k) and maximum prestige earned, because of raiding achievements: each operation grants several new decorations on SM, HM and NiM. Which is, seriously, a lot. And I love SWTOR very much, but I'm not doing raiding - that's just not my thing entirely(I tried).

I think that the stronghold prestige game should be open to everyone. The raiders have got a very fair advantage, but maybe we who love strongholds and don't love raiding can compensate for it somehow?

For example, if buying several decorations gave subscribers 8 prestige, not 4(2*subscriber bonus), that would help even the odds.

There are only a couple of achievement decorations (PVP and PVE) that are bound, most of them are pictures / paintings, and aside from the PVP paintings those decos don't really look that great IMO (I would like a picture of a group posing with a slain ops boss much more than the current ones, that show the bosses in their prime.)

The decos that drop from raids can be sold on the GTN. Same for WZ-coms decos.

Edited by Mubrak

But even though I try my best, there's still a huge gap between my prestige(~165k) and maximum prestige earned, because of raiding achievements: each operation grants several new decorations on SM, HM and NiM. Which is, seriously, a lot.

I agree, the decorations earned from OPS are worth to much when it comes to prestige.

Edited by Icestar

There are only a couple of achievement decorations (PVP and PVE) that are bound, most of them are pictures / paintings, and aside from the PVP paintings those decos don't really look that great IMO (I would like a picture of a group posing with a slain ops boss much more than the current ones, that show the bosses in their prime.)

The decos that drop from raids can be sold on the GTN. Same for WZ-coms decos.

Oh, yeah, I got all these(except for PvP art). I meant trophy stuff you're getting after killing every operation boss - that's worth a lot of prestige points.

A few Ops decoration won't make you catch up to 200k+ prestige some already have. There's too few of them, you're likely missing amny Cartel/crafted/reputation decorations or achievements.

The prestige system is pointless anyway, just check some of the "top" strongholds listed on any server. Many of them only have basic trophies thrown in. Many people hoard the decorations to have the biggest e-peen Prestige number but don't put any effort in actually decorating nicely.

Just decorate for yourself and don't bother thinking about the silly Prestige number, it means nothing in its current design.

Edited by Pietrastor

A few Ops decoration won't make you catch up to 200k+ prestige some already have.

Have you counted how much each OPS actually gives if you do them SM, HM and NiM?

First you get the big unlock and then you get for the rest of the stack of trophies each boss gives.

It actually adds up to alot

Edited by Icestar

• 2 weeks later...

I was visiting Nar Shaddaa strongholds yesterday, and noticed the top one, with 224k Prestige. It had republic crates lying over in one of the big halls. Random office stuff everywhere, a GTN terminal in an empty room, gathering nodes piled like junk. Basically, every other room was a table with some chairs around it. It was rather bland, with few unique decorations around.

Pretty much the same was for the next, 180k stronghold(but I've already visited that one).

Thing is, there are currently seven ops with normal/hard/nightmare trophies, and two ops with normal/nightmare trophies. With ~5 trophies per op(10x of each trophy, which means 236 prestige for a subscriber, 100*2+9*4) that's 125 trophies, which give out

29500 prestige.

Just for raiding. Just for completing every raid once. If you've done 50 and 55 ops once on each mode(you're level 60) and gone through SM SoR operations, you get 27140 prestige.

The stronghold isn't getting any prettier, though.

That's why I say we need a counterbalance to this - something like double prestige for each next decoration(8 instead of 4), or something like that.