Gg maintainance already?? -.-

Laranoye

ok so i finally get on last night *england here so gmt* and they decide to do maintainance this morning for almost half a day....?? i mean just taken my kids to school in the snow and wanted a bit of sw tor in peace, but no... i can get back on when they finish lol... i mean seriously?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, say they didn't do maintanance and something went wrong.

Rather than having a few hours scheduled downtime during offpeak hours they'd be forced to pull all servers offline without warning during peak time; causing millions of people inconvinience.

Don't worry man you'll get back in as soon as the maintenance ends. There is ALOT of traffic going into the logins and server help tickets as well. JUst play MW3 or something to burn the time away and keep checking the site for updates. BW is doing their best to make their first 5 Star MMO a brilliant succes. Just give it some time.

I was about to post a thread complaining about the maintenance window being between 9:00 am and 1:00 p.m. I was also probably going to troll by suggesting it should be moved to 11:00 p.m. CST.

But then I realized I will be at work on all other days except this one anyway.

This is crazy and no doubt this sort of thing will continue to be posted. First people complain they cant get in with EGA, then when they do they complain there is maintenance (as you know this never happens in an MMO:rolleyes:).

Did you want BW to personally write to you and ask your permission if its ok to do important maintenance?

Kind of silly to be complaining about this.

Yes, not being able to play sucks, but as others have pointed out, if they don't do any maintenance, and something happens, they could pull the servers offline with little to no warning, and possibly take hours to fix. This is probably preventative maintenance, which serves to make sure we don't have any problems. They are also preparing for launch, which will see many more players added.

And yes, to the poster who mentioned the hopes for a weekly, they announced that they will try to do maintenance every Tuesday at a time that wouldn't affect American and European servers too badly. I don't know what time they plan to do this, but I think that method will work decently. Seeing how this coming Tuesday is on the 20th, the day of official launch, I imagine servers will be taken down for maintenance, then every Tuesday thereafter.

Keep calm, guys. I'd like to play too, but I'd rather play a working game. ;)

Edited for typos. :o

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

Come on..... be reasonable. DiD you see the FULLNESS of the servers and their loads. Not all the people are in and this does not even count the people who are NOT preorders. Meaning Launch WEEK ... their will prolly be so many people .... you will wish for this.

Just Breath

Or Not

OK, say they didn't do maintanance and something went wrong.

Rather than having a few hours scheduled downtime during offpeak hours they'd be forced to pull all servers offline without warning during peak time; causing millions of people inconvinience.

Things have already gone horribly wrong on several servers. A lot of people (myself included) queued for 4+ hours yesterday due to regular disconnects. This happened primarily on servers with heavy load. The problem would get worse with increased load today.

That is why they bring the servers down.

Edited by Jalden