Favorite form

Slamuel

I would like to know what your favorite lightsaber form is (not restricted to those of swtor).

If anyone says shi-cho, I will flip and beat them with my ataru.

If the game actually faithfully represented the forms in graphics for combat gameplay, I think it would be a LOT better. Personally, my favorites are both styles of Shien (which DESPERATELY needs to be Represented in the game) and the Dark Charge for Assassins.

Edited by Captain_Zone

If the game actually faithfully represented the forms in graphics for combat gameplay, I think it would be a LOT better. Personally, my favorites are both styles of Shien (which DESPERATELY needs to be Represented in the game) and the Dark Charge for Assassins.

Shien is in the game.. not sure what you mean.

Shien is in the game.. not sure what you mean.

Not the actual fighting style. All fighting Forms in the game use the exact same animations, only changing based on class. Knight Shien is of course different than Warrior Shien. Just the fighting graphics animations. Seriously, when a Sith is in Shien form, the Saber needs to be reversed and behind the back. Force Unleashed is the perfect example.

Not the actual fighting style. All fighting Forms in the game use the exact same animations, only changing based on class. Knight Shien is of course different than Warrior Shien. Just the fighting graphics animations. Seriously, when a Sith is in Shien form, the Saber needs to be reversed and behind the back. Force Unleashed is the perfect example.

That's not actually a full part of the Shien Form, just a. . . subset, if you will.

Form V includes both Shien and Djem So (my personal favorite.) Both are offensive forms, but Shien grows out of the blaster defense basics of Shii-Cho and the improved defenses of Soresu to turn blocking a blaster bolt into an offensive action by redirecting it at its target. Djem So focuses on raw physical power.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Djem_So

That's not actually a full part of the Shien Form, just a. . . subset, if you will.

Form V includes both Shien and Djem So (my personal favorite.) Both are offensive forms, but Shien grows out of the blaster defense basics of Shii-Cho and the improved defenses of Soresu to turn blocking a blaster bolt into an offensive action by redirecting it at its target. Djem So focuses on raw physical power.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Djem_So

I did specify the Sith version of Shien. It's the style that Vader taught Marek. High offensive capability but extremely difficult to master. It's the most artistic of the Sith forms, imo.

Tràkata

The ability to turn one's lightsaber on and off in combat would be quite useful, paticuarly to those who duel wield or use a duel-bladed lightsabre, as the disappearing/reappearing blade could throw an opponent off...

^This

I read up on it a while ago, and it says that Jedi do not use this technique because it is deceitful, but Sith don't use it because it requires a calm, tactical mind to execute correctly. In many lightsaber duels, turning the lightsaber off when the opponent guards and switching it back on when the lightsaber is pointed at their body would be both surprising and effective