Rateds

nidalad

We did PuG ranked tonight, We planned on playing the other pug group that formed at the same time. Each group only had 1 healer lol... it was pretty funny.

We ended up not fighting the other PuG group, so we had 1 heler in our matches versus the other teams LOL!

We fought outer rim templars twice, i felt kind of bad for them.... but it was a good warm up for working around one healer.

We fought LD50 in a VS, we lost, we held at first door for a little but once they got through it was totally game over...

One of our guys left and we picked up Guts, we faced LD50 again, this time in a CW, we did that some crazy ****, very not "by the book".

I had a good time! we lost 0-90 Screen cap

You forgot to mention than both teams didn't use the bubble stun and it was a funny warzone

Why wait! lol Bubble stun is less enjoyable for everyone, at least I don't find it fun to play on my sorc, and everyone who isn't doing the bubbling sure don't enjoy being bubble stunned! In regs, people are bad enough that it's easy to get away with AOE and in ranked you'll have a good tank plus if we all agree not to use it, it will be more fun and fair for everyone :cool:

Why wait! lol Bubble stun is less enjoyable for everyone, at least I don't find it fun to play on my sorc, and everyone who isn't doing the bubbling sure don't enjoy being bubble stunned! In regs, people are bad enough that it's easy to get away with AOE and in ranked you'll have a good tank plus if we all agree not to use it, it will be more fun and fair for everyone :cool:

OMG ILYE! we checked the thread at the same time! lol

Did you just call me a good tank? I'm flattered :p.

Yes, becuase Sorc/Sage healers like surviving less...

I'd much rather die a bit more than play bubble spec for the reasons already stated. I'll admit it easily, it is very difficult for me to understand people who argue for the use of bubble stun as imo it makes the game SIGNIFICANTLY less fun. It has been named many times by many players that it's one of the reason that PvP isn't fun... I don't know, I'll stop now because this would just turn into a rant. I'll finish by saying that I play aoe heal on my sorc and that I consider it very fun and that I don't die too much. The biggest difference with my scoundrel is that I have cast time abilities that get interrupted all the time.

I'd much rather die a bit more than play bubble spec for the reasons already stated. I'll admit it easily, it is very difficult for me to understand people who argue for the use of bubble stun as imo it makes the game SIGNIFICANTLY less fun. It has been named many times by many players that it's one of the reason that PvP isn't fun... I don't know, I'll stop now because this would just turn into a rant. I'll finish by saying that I play aoe heal on my sorc and that I consider it very fun and that I don't die too much. The biggest difference with my scoundrel is that I have cast time abilities that get interrupted all the time.

You're still going to see bubble stun Sorcs/Sages whenever balancing comes, but at least the bubbles won't be on everyone. It's all about survivability, and that is the only crutch right now for them. Commandos/Mercs can sit there and get beat on by multiples, Scoundrels/Ops can kite you forever... It's only fair as it's one of the few things that negates smash/sweep a tiny amount. If you're gonna set up rules for Pug ranked, you may as well limit the amount of smashers you can have as well.

Edited by Milly_

I think making rules wouldn't work and create tension. I'd rather people chose not to play it by themselves. Also, bubble stun is far from the only ability that give sorc a way to survive. I think the general perception is very biased about it. Yes, sorc are the hardest to survive with, but it's doable. And they are the only one that can cleanse force crush, that they are bubble stun or not! Anyway, I don't think arguing about it is gonna change people opinion now that I think of it, but if a sage/sorc is reading this, courage and do it!

Edit : About smashers, I have noticed that most teams have pride and don't run more than 2. When a team do run more than 2, they get exposed to mockery so usually it's not a problem.

Edit 2 : If I wasn't clear, imo AOE heal sorc is relatively equal to scoundrel or trooper while bubble stun is far stronger than any other specs.

Edited by Dhrasur

You're still going to see bubble stun Sorcs/Sages whenever balancing comes, but at least the bubbles won't be on everyone. It's all about survivability, and that is the only crutch right now for them. Commandos/Mercs can sit there and get beat on by multiples, Scoundrels/Ops can kite you forever... It's only fair as it's one of the few things that negates smash/sweep a tiny amount. If you're gonna set up rules for Pug ranked, you may as well limit the amount of smashers you can have as well.

I agree Yooni, everyone knows I used to be Aoe heals all the time but I am sorry sorc/sage survive less being aoe. It is not fair that two smashers can come up and you in two hits with someone else beating you to death when the bubble can help you survive. The funny thing is sages and sorcs hate using bubble because they want high numbers when in bubble you can do just fine do not depend on aoe healing and learn placement. I have out healed many geared salv sages and broke a mil in bubble spec so it is still a good spec to heal in. But if people want to complain it is less fun about Op vanguards and derp smash? If I would not be invited to ranked cause of my spec that is fine. To me bubble stun heals are more sufficient healing and negates less damage. Love ya !

Edited by Partygurl

Saw you earlier in the day on Barbie. We were in a voidstar full of healers...I don't know how we got the cap, but we did...Good to see you on the dark side. :cool:

Lol yes it was fun you guys rock. I will be happy to keep coming back and forth. I usually play pub more since my friends are mainly there.

Commandos/Mercs can sit there and get beat on by multiples.....

stop. no. just...no. reactive shield gives them like 15s of cast time, at least 4 (probably 8) of which will be spent in stun. other than that, he's only able to stand in one place and "take it" when the rest of his team is working around him with peels and taunts...just like a sage.

bacta, kolto, trauma probe, punt, cryo and the occasional tech override allow mandos to handle 1 dps, assuming he knows enough to keep moving. if you can just sit there and heal through a single dps when reactive shield is down...that's a sorry dps, much less multiple dps.

stop. no. just...no. reactive shield gives them like 15s of cast time, at least 4 (probably 8) of which will be spent in stun. other than that, he's only able to stand in one place and "take it" when the rest of his team is working around him with peels and taunts...just like a sage.

bacta, kolto, trauma probe, punt, cryo and the occasional tech override allow mandos to handle 1 dps, assuming he knows enough to keep moving. if you can just sit there and heal through a single dps when reactive shield is down...that's a sorry dps, much less multiple dps.

Well, sorry I've played with Anore who is the best on the server and have seen him take on multiples. 1 DPS is pretty rofl worthy. I guess you've never seen Aux either? Regardless if they're "sorry" or not, I think we can both agree that Mandos/Mercs can take more of a beating than the other 2.

Edited by Milly_

The funny thing is sages and sorcs hate using bubble because they want high numbers when in bubble you can do just fine do not depend on aoe healing and learn placement. I have out healed many geared salv sages and broke a mil in bubble spec so it is still a good spec to heal in. But if people want to complain it is less fun about Op vanguards and derp smash? If I would not be invited to ranked cause of my spec that is fine. To me bubble stun heals are more sufficient healing and negates less damage. Love ya !

i will pay for see that with me in the game

Agreed Anore took 800k damage and healed for 800k and died 4 times.. So yes they last longer. Aux and Cm are good too and have them last long too.