GCD Merc threat drop

So I just switched to arsenal DPS spec on my Merc after playing for almost a year as a healer. This is a pretty big deal for Arsenal Mercs that are participated in PVE.

***our threat drop is affected by GCD.....***

Snipers threat drop is off the GCD

Sorcs threat drop is off the GCD

Marauders threat drop is off the GCD

I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring this up...is this a bug or what?

Edited by Chorusgirl

So I just switched to arsenal DPS spec on my Merc after playing for almost a year as a healer.

***our threat drop is affected by GCD.....***

Snipers threat drop is off the GCD

Sorcs threat drop is off the GCD

Marauders threat drop is off the GCD

I'm sure I'm not the first person to bring this up...is this a bug or what?

Yes it's unfair that we have a GCD threat drop :(

Damn, poor Mercs, having a threat drop on the gcd. We Guardians are sure lucky to have one that not only costs resource, but continues to deplete our resource bar if we don't cancel it by searching our buffbar for it and hoping to not accidentaly cancel our stim or something.

And weee, Powertechs dont even have a threat drop, isn't that so much better than having one on the gcd?

Bottom line: Different classes differ.

Damn, poor Mercs, having a threat drop on the gcd. We Guardians are sure lucky to have one that not only costs resource, but continues to deplete our resource bar if we don't cancel it by searching our buffbar for it and hoping to not accidentaly cancel our stim or something.

And weee, Powertechs dont even have a threat drop, isn't that so much better than having one on the gcd?

Bottom line: Different classes differ.

You forgot to mention sins have no threat drop either. (and no combat stealth is NOT a threat drop, you completely exit combat)

Sin, Jugg, PT ... notice a connection?

They're all the classes that have a tank spec.

You don't get a threat drop because you get a taunt instead.

Also my commando threat drop doesn't seem to be on my GCD so I guess it's a bug for mercs.

Edited by crazyBE

Exiting combat is a awesome threatdrop.

Why should advanced classes that are able to tank not get a threat drop? Even though two of them already have one? Taunt does the exact opposite of what the dd-specced folks want, ie lowering your threat.

I don't want it to change, dont get me wrong, I'm just pointing out that classes dont need to have every tool that is available to other classes. If you worry about threat in an operation, there are at least 7 other people around, interact with your fellow raiders.

I'm more concerned that if 5 other classes (including republic sides) have their threat drop that isn't affected by GCD, why is it that only imperial side bounty hunters are affected by this? I'm not saying anything about PT's lack of threat drop...that's a whole other can of worms. But it's pretty ridiculous that the mirror classes between factions aren't similar in this GCD on their threat drop.