Bioanalysis...useless now?

errrm... pets arent's companions.... this bug got in the game a couple of times (seems to be somewhat resilient, lol)

I think the first time happened when they first released those holo-statues thingies. They would count as companion and people were using it on flashpoints and operations, mostly to get an Orbital Strike

They fixed a bug. Nothing to do with bioanalysis.

Because the Bioan is only useful because the pet does nothing other than let you use Heroic Moment. You don't get anything out of the damage the pet itself provides or the fact that it gives mats for the skill that provides stims, adrenals, and medpacks. Yup, Bioan is *terrible*.

If you can't see the sarcasm dripping off of those words, you obviously have no clue that Bioan is actually part of the *best* crew skill suite at the moment. The Heroic Moment thing with the Bioan pets was a bug. They're not companions. They're temporary pets. The only reason it hadn't been fixed until now was because it (1) it was only something that happened in a leveling FP and (2) the devs likely didn't know about it until people started talking about it *because* it wasn't just a starting FP thing.

Edited by Kitru

Because the Bioan is only useful because the pet does nothing other than let you use Heroic Moment. You don't get anything out of the damage the pet itself provides or the fact that it gives mats for the skill that provides stims, adrenals, and medpacks. Yup, Bioan is *terrible*.

If you can't see the sarcasm dripping off of those words, you obviously have no clue that Bioan is actually part of the *best* crew skill suite at the moment. The Heroic Moment thing with the Bioan pets was a bug. They're not companions. They're temporary pets. The only reason it hadn't been fixed until now was because it (1) it was only something that happened in a leveling FP and (2) the devs likely didn't know about it until people started talking about it *because* it wasn't just a starting FP thing.

You make such brilliant posts...but you should read posts as well Kitru. This was placed in the Op/fp section. The pets -are- useless in FPs, besides heroic moments. This is -not- the crew skill section. If I post the same thing in the crew skill section, you can go ahead and continue insulting me.

The damage it provides is negligible, not worth noting. It's -literally- not worth my time to get them for the amount of damage it does.

So yes, it is terrible. It provides nothing worth using in Flashpoints. Where as a few give short cuts...,which are more usable. Except in Hammerstation. Unless you're skipping the bonus boss, then it is useful.

errrm... pets arent's companions.... this bug got in the game a couple of times (seems to be somewhat resilient, lol)

I think the first time happened when they first released those holo-statues thingies. They would count as companion and people were using it on flashpoints and operations, mostly to get an Orbital Strike

They fixed a bug. Nothing to do with bioanalysis.

Ah I see, thank you. I knew about the bug with statues, but always figured this was intentional, as I have never seen it fixed (I've played since pre-launch) and I must have missed it in the patch notes. Thank's a bunch!

The damage it provides is negligible, not worth noting. It's -literally- not worth my time to get them for the amount of damage it does.

Have you actually looked at the amount of damage that it does? It's not an insignificant amount, nor is the fact that it can actually take a fair number of hits before it dies. Hell, getting to use Heroic Moment simply because you're Bioan was *disgustingly* good, especially since it's an ability designed for *solo play*.

Secondly, you still get to gather mats as a Bioan, in every single FP. All of them have dogs you can rip mats off of. Arch doesn't get to do any of that. Even if you got nothing else, you'd still get the benefits of gathering mats while doing the FP so it's *still* not useless.

"Useless" specifically means "of no use". In order for Bioan to be useless, the pet would need to deal no damage at all (which it doesn't) and provide no mats whatsoever for the FP (which it doesn't). Bioan *still* has a lot of use to it. The fact that it doesn't provide the bugged ability to use the solo play mega-CD of doom when summoning said pet doesn't make it anywhere *near* useless.

Have you actually looked at the amount of damage that it does? It's not an insignificant amount, nor is the fact that it can actually take a fair number of hits before it dies. Hell, getting to use Heroic Moment simply because you're Bioan was *disgustingly* good, especially since it's an ability designed for *solo play*.

Secondly, you still get to gather mats as a Bioan, in every single FP. All of them have dogs you can rip mats off of. Arch doesn't get to do any of that. Even if you got nothing else, you'd still get the benefits of gathering mats while doing the FP so it's *still* not useless.

"Useless" specifically means "of no use". In order for Bioan to be useless, the pet would need to deal no damage at all (which it doesn't) and provide no mats whatsoever for the FP (which it doesn't). Bioan *still* has a lot of use to it. The fact that it doesn't provide the bugged ability to use the solo play mega-CD of doom when summoning said pet doesn't make it anywhere *near* useless.

Show me the parse please then, because I see no significant damage from it. Gathering mats, does not pertain to OPs/FPs/Heroics in this instance. The thread is purely pointed to the pet. I can gather resources -anywhere- So can any other gathering skill. So yes, that skill, until the parse shows some -amazing- dps for it, is not useful. You can gather mats anywhere, it does not provide anything to the group besides a pet that, and I stress -might- do minute damage. Even while leveling the damage wasn't noticeable, let alone in a 55 hm.

So yes, it is of no use. Also, I think I'd kick a member for gathering mats in a FP, unless they asked and we all agreed. It's so slow, I'd rather get my run over with.

Show me the parse please then, because I see no significant damage from it. Gathering mats, does not pertain to OPs/FPs/Heroics in this instance. The thread is purely pointed to the pet. I can gather resources -anywhere- So can any other gathering skill. So yes, that skill, until the parse shows some -amazing- dps for it, is not useful. You can gather mats anywhere, it does not provide anything to the group besides a pet that, and I stress -might- do minute damage. Even while leveling the damage wasn't noticeable, let alone in a 55 hm.

So yes, it is of no use. Also, I think I'd kick a member for gathering mats in a FP, unless they asked and we all agreed. It's so slow, I'd rather get my run over with.

Except your title of the thread states no such thing. "Bioanalysis....useless now?" makes no distinction about it only pertaining to the use of pets to obtain a Heroic moment in a FP/OP. Getting all snarky because you made a misleading title to get attention is your own fault.

You sound like the type of person I would kick out of my FP's and be sure to tell people not to group with as much of an unpleasant person you seem like, point of the matter is that Bioanalysis is not worthless, you're only mad because it doesn't let you take advantage of what was clearly a glitch.

Also I've seen that pet critting for 2K and doing normal hits of close to 1K, that isn't something to sneeze at.

Useless because you can't use it in an unintended way that really wasnt all that special to begin with? /facepalm

Edit: I really wishI wasn't on my pos phone so I could quote the dude the poster above did. But did you REALLY just say youd kick someone for gathering mats in a fp? Not only does that sound like a dbag move to begin with but fps are an AMAZING way to level your crew skills. IMO one of the more enticing reasons to run fps while leveling. You are the kind of person I would kick and not ignore, just so I could hope to be able to do it again.

Edited by TrillOG-

:eek: Yes, because we all pick our Crew Skills based off of how useful we perceive them to be in flashpoints. This is a travesty and must be rectified! Bioware, please fix Bioanalysis!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I am sorry but this statement is way off the mark. There is nothing wrong with Bioanalysis I have 2 characters using it and it has helped me in Flashpoints and operations more times than I can count. And no skills don't need to summon pets for you in Flashpoints or Operations to be useful. Hell It allowed me to provide stims and medpacs for those who had run out during the course of completing the Flashpoint or Operation. As to the summoned pet allowing you to use your heroic moment that is a recurring bug that pops up now and again I have been playing the game since launch and have seen it on and off in the year the game has been running.

Useless because you can't use it in an unintended way that really wasnt all that special to begin with? /facepalm

Edit: I really wishI wasn't on my pos phone so I could quote the dude the poster above did. But did you REALLY just say youd kick someone for gathering mats in a fp? Not only does that sound like a dbag move to begin with but fps are an AMAZING way to level your crew skills. IMO one of the more enticing reasons to run fps while leveling. You are the kind of person I would kick and not ignore, just so I could hope to be able to do it again.

Agreed kicking someone from an Op or FP just for gathering mats is being extremely stupid. as you stated FP and Ops (depending on which one your doing) are an awesome way to level your gathering crew skills more so than sending you comps on missions that cost you credits and in some cases with nothing to show for it.

Damn, I would be so happy to run FPs with you ... especially as I run either tank or healer, so I could care less if ppl would (try) to kick me (just some more ppl added to my ignore list).

Do you kick players without rocket boosts and sprint/scamper as class ability too? ... I mean those slackers really slow down a FP run.

On topic - complaining about the fix of a broken ability on a forum is silly.

Then getting upset about ppl replying to your thread in reference to the title, especially as you went for a generalized 'biochem sux' title is even more than silly.

Biochem is nowhere near useless in FPs or OPS, unless your only reason to take any crewskill is in the intention to abuse a bug.

Slightly offtopic: You're upset as well that the augment bolster bug got fixed? I mean why buy green augments if they don't serve any purpose at lvl 55 ...

I am sorry but this statement is way off the mark. There is nothing wrong with Bioanalysis I have 2 characters using it and it has helped me in Flashpoints and operations more times than I can count. And no skills don't need to summon pets for you in Flashpoints or Operations to be useful. Hell It allowed me to provide stims and medpacs for those who had run out during the course of completing the Flashpoint or Operation. As to the summoned pet allowing you to use your heroic moment that is a recurring bug that pops up now and again I have been playing the game since launch and have seen it on and off in the year the game has been running.

It is actually on the mark. I was being sarcastic ;)

Look in the sky!

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

No! It's the joke!

FPs have become Speedruns nowadays ?

How lame.

And - you are basically implying with your post that Bioware should remove that from Athiss.You don't say it explicitely, you say it implicitely.