Where to access solo flashpoints?

just as the thread title says. I'm confused on where to go. any help would be awesome!

I would assume you go to the place you'd normally get the Flashpoint (on the fleet/CZ-198/Rishi) and then have an option for solo in the dialogue.

Edited by Darkelefantos

So far I have found Esseles solo mode. The NPC that gives the quest right outisde the flashpoint entrance has an option at the end of the dialogue. However I have tried with other flashpoints and there are no options in the end, and entering the flashpoint after getting the Tactical quest will obviously gets you to the Tactical one (with all mobs 65). I have got the Initial quest from Coruscant but with no avail. Maybe we have to clear once the Tactical mode? (if thats the case would be troublesome due to the long queue time)

P.S. More detail. I am currently 24 Vanguard, finished Ord Mantel and did misc stuff including Esseles solo mode. Haven't started on Coruscant yet on story. So maybe I need to finish Coruscant to get the new solo mode. Already finished the Initial quest you get in Coruscant as stated above.

Edited by Ellenoah

For people commenting here and obviously have not bothered to read patch notes:

Solo Mode

The following flashpoints are available in Solo Mode at the indicated level. All solo mode Flashpoints can now be repeated as often as you’d like per day. The Flashpoints prior to Assault on Tython are available in solo mode for the first time!

Black Talon (Level 10)

Esseles (Level 10)

Boarding Party (Level 29)

Taral V (Level 29)

The Foundry (Level 29)

Maelstrom Prison (Level 29)

Directive 7 (Level 45)

Battle of Ilum (Level 48)

The False Emperor (Level 50)

Assault on Tython (Level 53)

Korriban Incursion (Level 53)

Manaan Research Facility (Level 53)

Legacy of the Rakata (Level 53)

Blood Hunt (Level 55)

Battle of Rishi (Level 55)

After having very carefully read the patch notes for a THIRD time, and actually tried to do Taral V as a level 58 toon, I realized that the SOLO MODE flashpoints have a STORY PROGRESSION RESTRICTION. If you START the 'Shadow of Revan' Story Arc, you will no longer have access to any of the solo modes for the listed flashpoints.

Personally I think this is idiotic, They definitely realize their entire new expansion is ABOUT THE STORY. Restricting players from enjoying a previous part of the story because of some arbitrary design decision is just silly. The obvious 'answer to purists' is to make the solo mode flashpoints 'a memory sequence' for those who absolutely must have rigid continuity.

This is a game, games are meant to be fun, I think the devs would LIKE peeps to experience all of the content they went to great effort to create for their players....

Okay I was wondering about this too since I didn't do the story related Flashpoints on Illum and just moved on to Makeb, so today I went back and it kept throwing me into the Tactical lvl 65 group flashpoint.

Dropped the (purple) story mission, got it again, same thing.

Then I noticed a secondary mission, "[Tactical Flashpoint] Battle for Illum", removed that, and removed the story mission, got it again, and it turns out, talking to the NPC's for the story mission (for this mission its a bunch of generals), automatically gives you the [Tactical Flashpoint] version.

So I dropped only the Tactical Flashpoint mission, kept the story mission, talked to the droid next to the flashpoint entrance, which now had a quest triangle above his head, and lo and behold there was an option for solo flashpoint.

So that's it, if you don't get the Solo FP option, check your quest log, there might already be a Tactical FP that has been automatically granted to you, just by talking to a story/mission npc other then the droid/npc next to the FP entrance.

Drop that tactical one, but nothing else, and talk to the droid/npc next to the FP, it should now give you the option of a solo FP.

You might have to reset your flashpoints to gain entrance, but that's a minor inconvience.

Edited by BlackFulcrum

Okay I was wondering about this too since I didn't do the story related Flashpoints on Illum and just moved on to Makeb, so today I went back and it kept throwing me into the Tactical lvl 65 group flashpoint.

Then I noticed a secondary mission, "[Tactical Flashpoint] Battle for Illum", removed that, and removed the story mission, got it again, and it turns out, talking to the NPC's for the story mission (for this mission its a bunch of generals), automatically gives you the [Tactical Flashpoint] version.

So I dropped only the Tactical Flashpoint mission, kept the story mission, talked to the droid next to the flashpoint entrance, which now had a quest triangle above his head, and lo and behold there was an option for solo flashpoint.

So that's it, if you don't get the Solo FP option, check your quest log, there might already be a Tactical FP that has been automatically granted to you, just by talking to a story/mission npc other then the droid/npc next to the FP entrance.

Drop that tactical one, but nothing else, and talk to the droid/npc next to the FP, it should now give you the option of a solo FP.

You might have to reset your flashpoints to gain entrance, but that's a minor inconvience.

TYVM! I will definitely try your method, I hope it works for me, would really like to experience the one FP I haven't yet done.

If it's anything like the previous solo flashpoint (Korriban, Tython, Rakata and Manaan), they are only soloable the first time. Every other time they require a group. I may be wrong and they have changed it though.

Not true, pretty sure those have [DAILY SOLO] tags

This did not work for me. If I get the Empire Betrayed quest, it automatically has at the top that it is a group quest. I talk to the generals and they give the tactical flash point only so when I get their Battle of Ilum quest, it is for the tactical. If I abandon the tactical quest, the mission indicator does pop above the droid, he gives me the solo version, I get the droid thingie in my inventory BUT when I try to go through the screen, I get an error message that says it is a different level than what I have which is tied to the quest the generals gave me. If I abandon everything and just talk to the droid, he gives me solo quest version, I accept it, I try to enter and run into error message again. But there isn't anything in my mission log related to Ilum and I don't have any flash point quests for anywhere else in my mission log. This is frustrating, I have tried for 2 hours tonight trying to get in, I just want to finish the storyline on Ilum. What is especially frustrating is that I had just run my Knight through this with no problems last week. ARGH!:mad:

OK, I guess the trick is to get mad enough to figure another step out. Do as above person suggested, take generals' quest, drop tactical flashpoint, talk to droid and take solo one, key step for me was to right click on my portrait and reset all flash points. When I was trying to reset it through my mission log, it didn't do anything but the right click did. Good luck and thanks for the suggestion BlackFulcrum.

Edited by Vsquared

Thanks! :cool:

I spent a while trying to figure this out myself. I assumed that, since I was on the Jedi Prisoner quest, it would just default to story mode. I guess I can see why they didn't do it that way, in hindsight. But I wonder if this is working as indented. It seems to me that the smart thing would have been to add an extra objective check with the droid.

This did not work for me. If I get the Empire Betrayed quest, it automatically has at the top that it is a group quest. I talk to the generals and they give the tactical flash point only so when I get their Battle of Ilum quest, it is for the tactical. If I abandon the tactical quest, the mission indicator does pop above the droid, he gives me the solo version, I get the droid thingie in my inventory BUT when I try to go through the screen, I get an error message that says it is a different level than what I have which is tied to the quest the generals gave me. If I abandon everything and just talk to the droid, he gives me solo quest version, I accept it, I try to enter and run into error message again. But there isn't anything in my mission log related to Ilum and I don't have any flash point quests for anywhere else in my mission log. This is frustrating, I have tried for 2 hours tonight trying to get in, I just want to finish the storyline on Ilum. What is especially frustrating is that I had just run my Knight through this with no problems last week. ARGH!:mad:

OK, I guess the trick is to get mad enough to figure another step out. Do as above person suggested, take generals' quest, drop tactical flashpoint, talk to droid and take solo one, key step for me was to right click on my portrait and reset all flash points. When I was trying to reset it through my mission log, it didn't do anything but the right click did. Good luck and thanks for the suggestion BlackFulcrum.

I'm having the same issue. I submitted a ticket regarding it.

I noticed some of the Flashpoints don't have a Solo Option at all.

Are these less story relevant or something? What makes the ones we have so special?

Sorry if this is obvious, I've only really just started up for the sake of the stories.

Thanks

I've been running around the Republic Fleet and the Telos ship, looking for the Flashpoint quest givers, and so far have only found the Esseles and the Tactical Flashpoints. I did the Esseles back when it didn't have solo mode, but have pretty much been skipping Flashpoints since. If I want to run all the solo mode flashpoints, am I going to have to run the Esseles solo first? Where on earth do I pick up the solo modes for low level flashpoints that I've way leveled over, anyone know?

Questgivers for Taral V and Jedi Prisoner are on the mission deck of the Telos, just outside the entrance to the instances.

Beware that solo flashpoints are currently not rewarding points toward conquest, despite the objective being "Complete Flashpoint: XXX on any difficulty mode".

I just wasted a couple hours doing them for nothing...

Edited by LagunaD

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot thank you enough for this - been trying to get into the solo mode for the "Jedi Prisoner" quest on my Smuggler for half an hour and turned to Google in desperation :)

I would classify this one as a definite bug in terms of how it works in quest progression.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"...key step for me was to right click on my portrait and reset all flash points." This worked for me. Thank You!!!

If you START the 'Shadow of Revan' Story Arc, you will no longer have access to any of the solo modes for the listed flashpoints.

Did you finish the SoR expansion and then try again? A few of those FPs are part of that story line so it makes sense for it to lock you out until the appropriate time so the story goes in the right order. If it's still the case after then I'm at loss as to the problem. It doesn't make sense not to be able to go back and do them solo since that's a feature.

Edited by LonelyWookiee

• 2 months later...

I love you.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi y'all,

To fix the problem with resetting the flashpoints if it doesn't work in the Log (assuming you're at or above level 53), just right-click on your character's profile in the circle next to the action slots, and a menu will pop up giving you the option to reset your flashpoints. :)

• 2 years later...
I know I know, graveyard, this is still a problem. The fix isn't working for me everything's just forcing me into veteran. It's really funny that everything forces you into veteran now which means skipping everything in the flashpoint and grinding as quickly as possible with all shortcuts. FPs just aren't fun in groups