Freedon Nadd vs Darth Baras

XSUPREMESKILLZX

Freedon Nadd was pretty much nothing more than a ruler of his own tiny little kingdom, his most important contribution to the Sith was turning Exar Kun to the Dark Side, which also meant his own destruction at Kun's hands.

Whilst I don't find Baras to be all that powerful in any real manner, he'd probably beat the tinpot king.

What's your opinion on this fight then? Nadd was (admittedly apparently) a very accomplished sith sorceror, and killed a ******** of jedi with his lightsaber/magical blaster. Also, i'm prty sure just his presence on onderon (when he was ruler) caused darkness to permeate on Onderon.

Baras wins. I mean yeah Nadd was a supposedly good sith sorcerer and killed Naga Sadow...though Sadow was pretty crappy too. He did kill countless Jedi...but we don't know who they were, or what they were capable of or anything of the sort.

Also yes he did on Onderon, he was also unable to stop the Beast Riders so what does that tell you?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Is this true?:

Nadd's very occupation of Onderon infected its atmosphere with the dark side so completely that the planet remained under its pall even after Nadd's physical death.

I am pretty sure that the Naddists helped with that given their extensive Dark Side worship of him, not to mention later Sith and the great temple on Dxun, simply put, his spirit was definitely not the only thing sustaining Dark Side energy on the planets.

Also, he stalemated his master whilst he was a jedi knight, the former being considered "a master lightsaber duelist." Admittedly not much is known about Nadd, though I thought being a dark lord of the sith would give him benefit of the doubt. Also, Freedon Nadd's sorcery was taught to Zannah, whom was able to use said magic to defeat Bane. Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

Baras wins. I mean yeah Nadd was a supposedly good sith sorcerer and killed Naga Sadow...though Sadow was pretty crappy too. He did kill countless Jedi...but we don't know who they were, or what they were capable of or anything of the sort.

Also yes he did on Onderon, he was also unable to stop the Beast Riders so what does that tell you?

After the things you wrote on this thread,Naga Sadow being crappy,Baras being weak,Nadd being weak ,you need to check your head or you are basically a star wars lore noob.

Also basically all Jedi are pretty much the same,with few exceptions,so saying he killed countless Jedi is pretty much huge.

After the things you wrote on this thread,Naga Sadow being crappy,Baras being weak,Nadd being weak ,you need to check your head or you are basically a star wars lore noob.

Also basically all Jedi are pretty much the same,with few exceptions,so saying he killed countless Jedi is pretty much huge.

When did I call Baras weak? In comparison with others? Yes he is, in this fight now? Not really. Though not sure what you are talking about, Nadd isn't all that impressive nor was Sadow. Sadow's biggest thing was his illusions and he needed his meditation sphere to do that.

Don't mind that you have a different view, but others do agree that Baras can win this.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Naga Sadow, was pretty crappy? He blew up 2 suns, I think that more than qualifies him as powerful.

Naga Sadow, was pretty crappy? He blew up 2 suns, I think that more than qualifies him as powerful.

He blew up 2 stars with the aid of the ship Corsair which contained Force enhancing Sith magic crystals. It wasn't just himself.

But anyway moving on with this, were not discussing Naga here. Nadd vs Baras...Baras is the more likely one to win this.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

This is my analysis on the battle, based on the limited knowledge we bear of these 2 characters:

Both are on-par in lightsaber combat, as Baras I believe has stalemated satele shan, and defeated Darth Angral (correct me if i'm wrong), and Freedon Nadd has fought on-par with his master, Matta Tremayne, whilst he was a jedi knight, and has killed many jedi with his bronze blade. Tremayne was considered a master lightsaber duelist. In terms of the force, Freedon Nadd was an accomplished sith sorcerer, and his sorcery was taught to darth zannah through his holocron, the sorcery zannah used in the form of covering herself and others in a false light side aura, driving people insane by showing them their greatest fears, or even simply masking her presence in the Force were all within the scope of her abilities. This would suggest Nadd also had mastery over these abilities as well. The only force ability I can think of that baras has ever used is force lightning, which was easily blocked by the wrath. Nadd most likely gets the edge here. As for an overall fight, they would fight on par in lightsaber combat, but nadd's sorcery, specifically his dark healing and insanity abilities, would prove too much for baras to handle. this isn't even factoring in nadd's sith magic-enhanced blaster. I declare Freedon Nadd the winner.

Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

People are overanalysing the facts. What are the facts about Darth Baras? He was effing clever, one smart Sith Lord. But when power came to bear, where was he? What were his greatest achievements to be reached without manipulations, turning his enemies against each other or working through proxies? Darth Thanaton had more personal achievements than Darth Baras, and Thanaton is quite the underachiever.

Someone might then say: Darth Sidious also worked like that. And I agree. But when Sidious' personal power was put to the test, he wasn't found wanting, and single-handedly slew four Jedi masters and nearly killed the fourth, who happened to be one of the finest lightsabre duelists of all time. And Sidious has nothing to do with the discussion :p When Darth Baras was put to the test, however, he was indeed found wanting. After his proxies failed in fighting off his former apprentices, and he saw the Dark Council was content as hell as letting Baras fend for himself and his façade, we all know the result.

Now, what are the facts about Freedon Nadd? What do we know for certain about him? We know he was at one time the King of Onderon. That he was apprenticed to Naga Sadow, and that he killed his former master and, since a Dark Lord of the Sith could not exist without a kingdom, he carved his own. We know he was a crack Sorcerer, able to spread around his teachings across the generations since his death, turning each and every member of his bloodline (and the attachments too) to the Dark Side. None of them were half the sorcerer he was, or else he would be walking the galaxy again, but they were pretty formidable in their own right. Take the underestimated Amanoa, that made for a really average Sorceress, that still managed to confound three Jedi Knights in the battle. She was no match for Master Arca, but she was pretty awesome all the same. And King Ommin could top her on that - he surprised and overwhelmed Arca Jeth, and was only conquered because his body couldn't take the power he channeled with the Dark Side.

All these feats stemmed from Nadd's teachings, and some power he lent to his servants. That's a testament to quite a bit of power (given that he says in his current bodiless state he is next to powerless to do living beings any harm, unless if present with a great Dark Side nexus as Korriban).

Freedon Nadd was certainly not up to par with other great Sith Lords, such as Exar Kun, Vitiate and the Sith Lords of Bane's Order, but he topped Sadow. Sadow, destructor of two suns, who could single-handedly conjure illusion armies on the Force knows how many different worlds. Sadow was an aged man, but he was still an awesome Sorcerer who could certainly defend himself from greedy apprentices. The fact Nadd didn't wage war on the Republic puts a yoke on his personal power, true, but still I think he was greater than Baras.

And there is one more detail. Darth Baras was one Sith Lord in the midst of many. I would put him perhaps on the same level with other Dark Council members, when it came to personal power. But Freedon Nadd was truly elevated to the status of legend. I do not mean that in the usual sense, to call him legendary is to say his power had a deep effect in society at the time, which meritted a recounting of his story in different circles six hundred years after his death and his kingdom's leaving general knowledge. I don't think Baras' little uprising had such an impact as to merit a similar treatment of 'his legend'.

People are overanalysing the facts. What are the facts about Darth Baras? He was effing clever, one smart Sith Lord. But when power came to bear, where was he? What were his greatest achievements to be reached without manipulations, turning his enemies against each other or working through proxies? Darth Thanaton had more personal achievements than Darth Baras, and Thanaton is quite the underachiever.

Someone might then say: Darth Sidious also worked like that. And I agree. But when Sidious' personal power was put to the test, he wasn't found wanting, and single-handedly slew four Jedi masters and nearly killed the fourth, who happened to be one of the finest lightsabre duelists of all time. And Sidious has nothing to do with the discussion :p When Darth Baras was put to the test, however, he was indeed found wanting. After his proxies failed in fighting off his former apprentices, and he saw the Dark Council was content as hell as letting Baras fend for himself and his façade, we all know the result.

Now, what are the facts about Freedon Nadd? What do we know for certain about him? We know he was at one time the King of Onderon. That he was apprenticed to Naga Sadow, and that he killed his former master and, since a Dark Lord of the Sith could not exist without a kingdom, he carved his own. We know he was a crack Sorcerer, able to spread around his teachings across the generations since his death, turning each and every member of his bloodline (and the attachments too) to the Dark Side. None of them were half the sorcerer he was, or else he would be walking the galaxy again, but they were pretty formidable in their own right. Take the underestimated Amanoa, that made for a really average Sorceress, that still managed to confound three Jedi Knights in the battle. She was no match for Master Arca, but she was pretty awesome all the same. And King Ommin could top her on that - he surprised and overwhelmed Arca Jeth, and was only conquered because his body couldn't take the power he channeled with the Dark Side.

All these feats stemmed from Nadd's teachings, and some power he lent to his servants. That's a testament to quite a bit of power (given that he says in his current bodiless state he is next to powerless to do living beings any harm, unless if present with a great Dark Side nexus as Korriban).

Freedon Nadd was certainly not up to par with other great Sith Lords, such as Exar Kun, Vitiate and the Sith Lords of Bane's Order, but he topped Sadow. Sadow, destructor of two suns, who could single-handedly conjure illusion armies on the Force knows how many different worlds. Sadow was an aged man, but he was still an awesome Sorcerer who could certainly defend himself from greedy apprentices. The fact Nadd didn't wage war on the Republic puts a yoke on his personal power, true, but still I think he was greater than Baras.

And there is one more detail. Darth Baras was one Sith Lord in the midst of many. I would put him perhaps on the same level with other Dark Council members, when it came to personal power. But Freedon Nadd was truly elevated to the status of legend. I do not mean that in the usual sense, to call him legendary is to say his power had a deep effect in society at the time, which meritted a recounting of his story in different circles six hundred years after his death and his kingdom's leaving general knowledge. I don't think Baras' little uprising had such an impact as to merit a similar treatment of 'his legend'.

This.

In short :

Part of the Sith credo is that a victory is worth nothing,unless it proves your superiority.The power grabs Baras did were more thanks to his manipulations and maneuvering,not because he was proven stronger than his predesesors.Baras is above average.

Freedon Nadd's power was such that Onderon and his tomb later on Dxun was infested with the Dark Side,strongly at that and he learned sorcery from Naga Sadow himself.And he had a an active and influential Force Apparition.t's self evident that Nadd is stronger.

Edited by Kaedusz