Loot Dice Roll

Can anyone give me some (realistic) info on how the dice roll for loot works in a Heroic or any other group activity?

Someone complained that if the loot does not help or compliments your toons' stats then you should not try and "Need" it but rather take "Greed"

Is this true or they just sore looser?

Thx

Basically the loot roll in a traditional pug group, unless otherwise specified, is this:

NEED rolls are used only on gear that your character can personally use, and that is better then the gear you are currently wearing.

GREED rolls are used for alts, companions, off-spec(Unless nobody else needs, and permission is given by others to take), and for removing mods and such.

DISASSEMBLE rolls are used for materials, and should only be chosen if absolutely nobody else can use the gear.(This roll is equal to a Greed roll in the system.

PASSing is done when one has no desire or need for the piece in question.

Some more notes. Some groups end game do use a system where if one player wins a specific piece of gear(Such as Arkanian in sm ops), they cannot roll a need on other pieces of gear in that same instance. Please respect this, as it is an agreed upon alternative used by a multitude of groups.

-DoitiEtok

Thx for the info.

Basically "Greed" is the one most people would have to use. As you know in a group you have no idea who needs or wants what and it is basically either you ask for something or get nothing. Some players just select "Need" because they are greedy.

Edited by Zandoezan

Thx for the info.

Basically "Greed" is the one most people would have to use. As you know in a group you have no idea who needs or wants what and it is basically either you ask for something or get nothing. Some players just select "Need" because they are greedy.

Ummm No... If I'm in a PUG and there is gear that I can use on that toon. I'm going to need on it. One thing to remember is that you need to look at a person's overall gear not just the matching location. This is especially true at low levels. To me any piece of armor is just a source of mods (except for slot bound armoring pieces). I'll need on a chest piece and pull the mods out to put into legs on a low level toon without batting an eyelash.

To answer your specific question, the way it works is:

Highest "Need" Roll > Highest "Greed" Roll > Highest "Disassemble" Roll > Highest "Pass" Roll

For the real question, if you are clicking "Need" on gear that you cannot immediately equip for the class and roll you are playing, you are being extremely rude (not the wording I want to use, but at least won't get filtered)....and will end up kicked and on my ignore list if you do it again or refuse to trade the gear to someone that could actually use it.

You can ask if others mind if you roll need for an off-spec, and generally that is ok, at least for anything that isn't end-game gear. But you should be prepared to trade that gear to another party member that needs for their main spec.

Highest "Need" Roll > Highest "Greed" Roll > Highest "Disassemble" Roll > Highest "Pass" Roll

You sure about that? If I remember correctly, I have had rounds when some people roll greed and some people disassemble and the disassemble wins, I always thought they were on the same roll.

For the real question, if you are clicking "Need" on gear that you cannot immediately equip for the class and roll you are playing, you are being extremely rude

Actually according to the "social rules" it is acceptable to roll need for something that is for your character and specc that you won´t be able to equip for a level or two.

If you enter a new flashpoint and something drops for your class that you can´t immediately equip it is fair to roll need anyway.

If somebody kicks a teammember for that reason it is wrong.

Can anyone give me some (realistic) info on how the dice roll for loot works in a Heroic or any other group activity?

Roll need on stuff that is for your character even if you cant equip it right away but in the near future, it is fair and square.

Greed is for your companion and to sell items for credits or get materials.

Edited by Icestar

need for your class and spec (only exception would be tank gear, good enhancments are so rare to get... and it still matches 'spec' - but in case: dps sorc and marauder, both needing on AIM stuff that healer could use just for the enhancment... is asking for a vote kick)

greed for companions, offspec, vendor.

pass if you don't care.

Actually according to the "social rules" it is acceptable to roll need for something that is for your character and specc that you won´t be able to equip for a level or two.

Fair enough - I retract the word "immediately" from my statement.