A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Umn, there are no non-modable dread guard. Even the belts and such are mod able at that level. Part of the reason even outside of progression to farm Vorgath in NM EC mode, he drops DG belts (if I remember correctly).

I know folks tho do HM Drouks and tanks then switch to NM for vorgath just for the belts. That and because vorgath is a pushover in any mode.

In BH land, only the belts, bracers and offhand are non-modable and only if you buy the ones from the BH vendor (in the case of the offhands, the MK-2 and such ones that drop are all modable)

Oh true. But base purple shell moddable gear is more I guess. I just meant in I don't use orange moddable gear and it literally made me tilt my head when my guild mates were saying how low the costs were.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who played at launch and did prog raiding at launch. when they lowered the repair costs the first thing out of my mouth was "Wow this is f*cking stupid"

I HATED how low they got the costs down to, and now that they are back up, i still don't care about the high costs, just like i didn't before (BTW i play tanks so i have to repair more then most)

The first thing out of my mouth when they did that was, **** awesome! I remember dealing with EV NM in its buggy incarnation, nothing funny about those repair costs. Of course now it is too easy but that is why there is EC NM.

OK so really you weren't because every day you raid today you're not doing dailies too, just like then, but the repair costs are higher now.

So you really didn't feel all that strongly about the repair costs being too low?

I hated that they got that low initially, but I adapted to it.

I don't care that they are this high now, because, i've adapted to it.

If you can't adapt to little **** like this how do you adapt when you lose your job or get dumped by someone?

Oh true. But base purple shell moddable gear is more I guess. I just meant in I don't use orange moddable gear and it literally made me tilt my head when my guild mates were saying how low the costs were.

Really, wow I hadn't noticed the difference in cost... I hadn't switched to social gear on a few of my toons just because I use them to fill gaps in raids. *shrug* So I can see the benefit in fixing that, still if the reports people are having about 3x or more the cost are any indication, I think it needs to be adjusted down.

Basically the same thing here.

Double ticking lightning balls, invisible lightning balls, throwing people as platforms started to drop, having to destroy those pylons in a specific order otherwise he'd still be invulnerable after the platforms dropped, tank getting mind trapped and soa resetting........ *shudder* no thx

I remember the night I downed him NM. It was 3 hours of whipes, the tank died and he was enraged with like 2 % and the healers went down. The dps was still up and started to die, 1 smugg came through though. HENDAR I WILL REMEMBER YOU. Needless to say that day... I woke my neighbors.

The first thing out of my mouth when they did that was, **** awesome! I remember dealing with EV NM in its buggy incarnation, nothing funny about those repair costs. Of course now it is too easy but that is why there is EC NM.

let me explain why i hated the low repair costs:

It meant my gulidies that liked to **** around and do stupid ****, could do it more often and we had less legitimate reason to ***** at them for being dumb, because we could wipe 20 times without equaling the cost of 1 wipe before.

I also just didn't like the feeling of "if i die it really doesn't matter we can go in again easy" it promoted lazy play

Well for who "defend" this think about, only between my friends, 75 of them cancell the subscription and move on, included me, I'm also asking for refund the money for expansion, only between my friends, so 75 players not going to pay anymore for the game, what the "defenders" of the patch think about this? if nobody pay for the game, you going to defend a down servers, think about it.

I going to wait 48 hours to cancell my subscription to see if they fix this, if not, bye bye swtor.

I'm a tier 2 lvl 50, and die 3 times yeterday because a n00b in the op, I pay 70k in repairs, one of level 63 pay near 180k, i have 2 credits left in my inventory. Next time, any Op or FP, or Raids, is going to be askin: "Only Veterans and report your gear level" so F2P players are excluded for any Op, Raid, or FP from the very begining, the group seracher is not going to help you, because when we see 2 colors armor, then you be going to be expulsed inmediately, and the first mistake, you going to be expeled, so, you going to have a tier "never". So, think about defend the expensive repairs, if you think high levels gain much credits, WRONG, that's absolutely false, I reach level 50 with 200k only, and the last FP and Op, I only have 2 credits, GTM prices make it you poor, sell amors? mods? after level 50 crafted mods or armors, or weapons are stupid, nothing is better than tiers. so think about it.

Edited by Kiniski

I hated that they got that low initially, but I adapted to it.

I don't care that they are this high now, because, i've adapted to it.

If you can't adapt to little **** like this how do you adapt when you lose your job or get dumped by someone?

It's a game. Forcing me to adapt into a "work-like" play style (i.e. grinding dailies) so I can do the fun things I want to do is not in any way comparable to forcing me to adapt to changing job conditions or any other thing I must do in real life.

I choose whether or not to play (and pay for) the game. Forcing me into a play style that is unfun forces me to rethink whether or not I want to continue to pay for the game.

A lot of other games have done that to me. I don't play them any more.

Your credibility is shot regardless. You're defending a fix to a problem even you didn't really believe existed. I can't imagine why you're doing that. Well, I can, but I'd get warned or banned for stating it.

Really, wow I hadn't noticed the difference in cost... I hadn't switched to social gear on a few of my toons just because I use them to fill gaps in raids. *shrug* So I can see the benefit in fixing that, still if the reports people are having about 3x or more the cost are any indication, I think it needs to be adjusted down.

I just think it's more of an exaggeration. Each person needs to go and do a field check. I mean if you died a bunch beforehand and didn't think anything of it till this particular time you died and you went to repair and it was 30k. Yeah duh you died before.

I remember the night I downed him NM. It was 3 hours of whipes, the tank died and he was enraged with like 2 % and the healers went down. The dps was still up and started to die, 1 smugg came through though. HENDAR I WILL REMEMBER YOU. Needless to say that day... I woke my neighbors.

When we downed NM soa I believe i was the last one standing because people got hit by **** and our melee stood too close for the artifact drop so he was attackable, he got down to 1% right when he was about to go into his invulnerable shield and enrage, i popped the offensive relic i had, popped recklessnes, used shock and assassinate then our whole vent just cheered..... oh man the feels

Well for who "defend" this think about, only between my friends, 75 of thems cancell the subscription and move on, included me, I'm also asking for refund the money for expansion, only between my friends, so 75 players not going to pay anymore for the game, what the "defenders" of the patch think about this? if nobody pay for the game, you going to defend a down servers, think about it.

I going to wait 48 hours to cancell my subscription to see if they fix this, if not, bye bye swtor.

I'm a tier 2 lvl 50, and die 3 times yeterday because a n00b in the op, I pay 70k in repairs, one of level 63 pay near 180k, i have 2 credits left in my inventory. Next time, any Op or FP, or Raids, is going to be askin: "Only Veterans and report your gear level" so F2P players are excluded for any Op, Raid, or FP from the very begining, the group seracher is not going to help you, because when we see 2 colors armor, then you be going to be expulsed inmediately, and the first mistake, you going to be expeled, so, you going to have a tier "never". So, think about defend the expensive repairs, if you think high levels gain much credits, WRONG, that's absolutely false, I reach level 50 with 200k only, and the last FP and Op, I only have 2 credits, GTM prices make it you poor, sell amors? mods? after level 50 crafted mods or armors, or weapons are stupid, nothing is better than tiers. so think about it.

That's exactly what they want - a situation that creates a very large gap between the "mensch" and the "elite", and they view themselves as the "elite". Very toxic to a game.

Edited by DarthTHC

When we downed NM soa I believe i was the last one standing because people got hit by **** and our melee stood too close for the artifact drop so he was attackable, he got down to 1% right when he was about to go into his invulnerable shield and enrage, i popped the offensive relic i had, popped recklessnes, used shock and assassinate then our whole vent just cheered..... oh man the feels

Yeah I know it man. I haven't delved into the new NM modes for EC and TFB but I hope they bring the same satisfaction.

Yeah I know it man. I haven't delved into the new NM modes for EC and TFB but I hope they bring the same satisfaction.

No NM for TFB yet I don't think... EC NM can feel that way yes. Vorgath is the same pushover he was with a few new twists... The tanks and Kephess are brutal.

Two more for you:

An entire swath of experienced players who otherwise would have run multiple flash points per day, teaching new players how to be better in the process, are no longer running any flash points.

Players are cancelling their subscriptions.

Indeed. :mad:

Not that you care EA & Bioware. Not that you care at all. As long as you have drones willing to buy the garbage you peddle in your CM Store.

I for one have been here since launch. Early access day one. I have not played regularly since patch 1.4 "graphics improvements". I already paid for Makeb. I am still leaving. I have wasted over a year of my "gamer life" with your sub standard product. I have played EQ, EQ2, AO, CoH/V, SWG (all 3 incarnations), L2, Matrix Online, and WoW. In all those games I do not regret a single second I spent there. I regret the entirety of the last year spent with your substandard product. This "event" and the repair costs are the final straw.

You have ruined your reputation as a producer of games worth playing Bioware. EA, I never trusted you. I will never purchase another one of your products.

Thank you for ruining the Star Wars IP. Enjoy the money I foolishly spent on your product in the hopes that it would improve. It has gone down hill since day one. SWTOR is a mockery of a AAA MMORPG. I will tell everyone I know to stay away from SWTOR and any MMORPG that is part of the EA stable.

You have my Email. Contact me there if you wish to discuss. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Indeed. :mad:

Ugh. If that means what I think it means, the game just lost a good one. :(

Edit:

You know, y'all can defend this "fix" all you want. Maybe you'll help EA remain convinced this was a good "fix". And the rest will leave, as so many have done before them.

So keep defending bad EA decisions and ultimately they're going to keep making them until they make one that negatively impacts your experience. At that point, will you fight for the game or just leave? And if you choose to fight, how many will be left to help you with that fight?

Edited by DarthTHC

I don't want adapt to a thing, I pay for enjoy, not to get frustrated, are you masochistic?

So when you run a new fp or op you don't have to adapt to the mechanics?

Oh you must just never do that since you don't want to adapt to a thing, or if you do, you're that guy that stands in fire and goes Y AM I DIEING Y IS HEALER NOT HEALING ME, SO NOOB

What do you do when your class gets nerfed? you have to adapt to that, do you just stop playing?

Edited by DarthVenizen

I just think it's more of an exaggeration. Each person needs to go and do a field check. I mean if you died a bunch beforehand and didn't think anything of it till this particular time you died and you went to repair and it was 30k. Yeah duh you died before.

There is definitely a bug though, the other night while running with a PUG on the gree event we wiped (don't get me started) and I had 0 repair costs... then the next time I had 30k in repair costs... so something is definitely not right in repair land... and I repair after every death (repair droid FTW).

There is definitely a bug though, the other night while running with a PUG on the gree event we wiped (don't get me started) and I had 0 repair costs... then the next time I had 30k in repair costs... so something is definitely not right in repair land... and I repair after every death (repair droid FTW).

Oh and that 30k was on one of my new alts that was in rakata/columi/tionese blend with no augments yet... so yea... something is odd.

Again as i said earlier, talking about fixing a bug is one thing, but the people just complaining about the price saying it's too much. that's different.

If there is a bug and if the costs are higher then intended, that's fine, they can fix it. However if these costs are what they intended, then they are what they intended and people just need to adapt to it

Edited by DarthVenizen

Oh there definitely could be a bug. Its BW I bet there is. But the repair cost is going to remain higher even with the fix when it comes. So might as well just get used to it imo lol.

Was the 0 repair death due to a fall or something the game could have seen as a fall?

So when you run a new fp or op you don't have to adapt to the mechanics?

Oh you must just never do that since you don't want to adapt to a thing, or if you do, you're that guy that stands in fire and goes Y AM I DIEING Y IS HEALER NOT HEALING ME, SO NOOB

What do you do when your class gets nerfed? you have to adapt to that, do you just stop playing?

There is a difference between adapting to a change in mechanics or adapting to a difficult challenge then adapting to an arbitrary cost whose increase provides no increase in difficulty only increase in overhead.

For example if there were now a tax each time you started an operation of 300k credits you bet everyone would be in arms about it and rightfully so. Doesn't mean I won't just pay it and move on with my life, but it is just a bad design decision.

So is it possible to avoid repair bills by just jumping off cliffs right before the mob/boss kills you?

Falling deaths do not (seem to) damage gear. Any damage the mobs/boss did to your gear before the fall kills you would probably still be there.

EDIT: Also the Repair button is disabled if you do not need repairs, so the report of the 0 repair cost is... interesting.

Edited by DarthTHC