Do you still do flashpoint?

For now I have given up on flashpoints and even heroics for a while. I sick and tired of needing to spam general chat for 30 minutes in the hope of getting a flashpoint group. Looking for a group to do heroics is equally futile. Last evening I was questing on Taris I was looking for a group to do 1 or more heroics, I try to do every heroic at least once. After 3 hours of questing and LFG's I logged out. Did not find a single heroics group.

This game will fail without a good hopefully cross-server LFG tool.

I still have "Building a Better Beast" open. I spend 3 evening questing to look for a group I found none. I think I'll leave Tarris with also some never done Heroics.

I do not remember how many evening I waisted LFG boarding party never found any group.

My experience has been very hit-or-miss getting groups, especially planet heroic missions after the first couple worlds. The player base in this game (or at least my server) has struck me as pretty apathetic - there's some orange gear upgrades to be obtained, these quests are not THAT hard, yet often I feel like the only person spamming general time and again. Sometimes, I get a lot of responses with a lower player count, other times, I spam forever at peak times. It's been very unpredictable.

Often, I will only find one or two more for a 4 man, then we're forced to get "creative" with our set-up. I've successfully run double dps, double heals (with one companion healing), double tank, 1 dps, companion heals (surprisingly successful), etc. True, some of the quests are harder than others, but it's worth a shot if you have no other options.

In hope of making your life easier... please stop spamming the fleet chat, it's pointless.

Fastest way of getting a group... use the who list. You can type a lvl... or a lvl and a class to show you all the people of that category (sentinel 50 for example). Then you ctrl c ctrl v a msg like "hi would you like to go to x?" whispering and wait for the answers(just care to not spam som1 twice. This way you can select anyone you want from the entire online population not just the random people happening to be on the fleet at a certain time.

I wrote this post on several threads where ppl are complaining about fleet chat spam to get groups, in hopes of some people realising how fast you can get a group using the who list.. mmo 101.

Edited by chnima

For now I have given up on flashpoints and even heroics for a while. I sick and tired of needing to spam general chat for 30 minutes in the hope of getting a flashpoint group. Looking for a group to do heroics is equally futile. Last evening I was questing on Taris I was looking for a group to do 1 or more heroics, I try to do every heroic at least once. After 3 hours of questing and LFG's I logged out. Did not find a single heroics group.

I still have "Building a Better Beast" open. I spend 3 evening questing to look for a group I found none. I think I'll leave Tarris with also some never done Heroics.

I do not remember how many evening I waisted LFG boarding party never found any group.

I am still doing Flashpoints, I keep my eyes open for OP's and I do Warzones and Ilum and also Heroic Group missions. I am level 50 I have friends and at least on my server we have working community of people who know how to make groups.

I am sorry to hear that your server seemingly lacks that.

I've been crafting and mulling over some in-game news I recently received and watched while a group spammed general chat for about an hour looking for a healer for Taral V. (HM).

SWTOR doesn't provide much when it comes to grouping for anything more than 2+ heroics. The way it is now, if you didn't bring the group with you to the server, you're probably going to have some difficulties finding people to group with, finding a guild that likes you, or a guild that you like, etc.

Yes, they need the cross server LFG tool for many reasons. As for me, I find other stuff to do, or I play an Alt, or I log out.

Edited by CriticalMasses

I have to admit I've never understood why people don't flag themselves and LFG and set their comment for the name of the FP or heroic, etc! Are people just unaware that you can do this!?

Use the tools you have people.

I have to admit I've never understood why people don't flag themselves and LFG and set their comment for the name of the FP or heroic, etc! Are people just unaware that you can do this!?

Either they don't know how or don't care to use those tools.

Simple evolution would mean that in RL they should be dead since they cannot learn.

In order to see everyone on your server that was LFG you'd have to /who every planet individually to find them all. This is not useful. Nevermind the fact that you can only read the first 16 characters of peoples LFG messages. I mean seriously the game doesn't even have a worldwide LFG channel. Looking for a group is a PITA.

well i did use it at first but it never worked that great though, or rather is way faster just asking in chat.

and from my experience it also depends on the hours you play late at night is more dificult to find ppl obviously. During teh day and evening is overall easy.

In order to see everyone on your server that was LFG you'd have to /who every planet individually to find them all. This is not useful. Nevermind the fact that you can only read the first 16 characters of peoples LFG messages. I mean seriously the game doesn't even have a worldwide LFG channel. Looking for a group is a PITA.

This is incorrect atcualy if you type LFG on whos tab on search social panel you will get all ppl flaged for group in the server. Its that no one knows this and bioware or the game doenst tell you either and how the game works overall. i found the tutorials in game rather lacking too on this issue.

Edited by Spartanik