Gearing for PvP: Returning Vet confused

Twin

I stopped worrying about gears after a month of grinding PVP and seeing how my 208s seem to work fine. I have far too many toons I like playing to stick on one just to ensure I get to 300 CXP and have in max gears.

I always played lots of alts, and quit shortly after 5.0, so imagine the work I have trying to gear 16-20 toons, most that are stuck at 65 lvl.

I just play to queue for PVP, and I am not playing PVE even if that would make it easier to gear my army of alts.

I hate the PVE on this game and would rather play parts of SWTOR I like even if they offer a less efficient way to gear my characters.

I’m like you and swap a fair bit. So to make it easier, I’ve come up with this system,

If you have a particular favourite class and mirror class. Setup some legacy gear so you can swap it across. It’s what I do with my Jugg and Guardian. You can also use it on other classes, you just don’t get the set bonus. This is particularly good if you already have 6 of the set bonus pieces because the last one doesn’t need to be a set piece.

I then swap these sets back and forth when I want to play a mirror class or a new lvl 70 that doesn’t have any gear yet.

You can also use your weapons, ie, Sabres to swap with all your Warrior classes and your hand guns for gunslingers and Mercs.

I found the light/dark vendors were pretty good for the weapons because they look much better than your standard legacy weapons,

Also, I have full sets at 230, 236 and 242 to wear each one at a time because mixing those sets seem to play havoc with Bolster and you can get some weird results.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yeah its totally "new people" unfriendly. You may be able to get your one toon to full 248 with a combination of HM ops and PVP, but then the rest..... 230 is easy to get but still, that does not help much in terms of ranked.

What sucks is not everyone wants to pve to get gear to play pvp. If all you want to do in the game is pvp, being forced to play pve to gear faster is really off putting and actually makes me play the game less than I usually would.

Now I only focus to grind CXP when a double CXP event is on, other wise I swap around all my Alts.

LOL, there were a few times where I had to ask on the fleet because I forgot what I was doing :o

They should just get rid of the UC vendors and allow you to trade gear or UCs at the one vendor. Having to run back and forth is stupid and certainly not intuitive. I can’t imagine what it must be like for new or returning players.

Bioware do t even have any official tutorial or notes on the website or forum stick to explain how it works.

Hear, hear! Once they introduced the "filter for spec" option, they should have put all gear of the same tier into the same vendor and let the filter work for us, merging that with the token vendor is also a good idea, though I think you would have to refresh the vendor between buying a token and using it. Alternatively, merge the gear vendors for all classes into one for each tier (let spec filter to its job) and merge the token vendors of all classes into one for each tier (let "show affordable" to its job) and put them 2 meters one next to the other in the same room. [Why separate token vendors from gear vendors? because I can imagine people crying for accidentally buying a token and then accidentally using it instead of refunding and then being unable to get a refund for the token itself because refund can only go one step backwards :p]

About the lack of tutorial, I really hope my little colorful one (from post #2) is clear enough to give beginners (= anyone new to the 5.0 system) the first idea about the system, and give veterans (of the 5.0 system) enough of a reminder in case they forget. ;)

I don't know what we are all complaining about. I mean, my FAVORITE part in all the star wars movies is when the hero stops for 1/2 an hour to go over all his or her gear and figure out which lightsaber hilt will work best, and then whether then can pass some other crystal to their gun shooting sidekick, and then whether it will work the same way when they are actually face to face with the villain in a fight. And then they count up their coins to see if they have enough to visit three different vendors and buy THE NEXT LEVEL of boots.

Admit it. No adventure movie is complete without that scene.

:p

I don't know what we are all complaining about. I mean, my FAVORITE part in all the star wars movies is when the hero stops for 1/2 an hour to go over all his or her gear and figure out which lightsaber hilt will work best, and then whether then can pass some other crystal to their gun shooting sidekick, and then whether it will work the same way when they are actually face to face with the villain in a fight. And then they count up their coins to see if they have enough to visit three different vendors and buy THE NEXT LEVEL of boots.

Admit it. No adventure movie is complete without that scene.

:p

But it’s immersive. Without it, how would we role play ;)

That's true. I mean, when given the Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy class choices... I did pick Tailor. :p

I want crossfaction vendors and crossfaction fashion shows.

Next stop, crossfaction fleets with weekly fashion parades so we can stay fully immersed while playing space barbies ;)

I want crossfaction vendors and crossfaction fashion shows.

Next stop, crossfaction fleets with weekly fashion parades so we can stay fully immersed while playing space barbies ;)

I am all for this. I need more outfits for my barbies!

• 4 weeks later...
TBH, having 1x 248 geared DPS and 1x 248 geared tank all in legacy gear I can tell you with all seriousness that the system has been really alt-friendly for me. My concealment jumped from using the deception 248 gear to using the concealment 242 set bonus with 248 mods, enhancements and relics in very few days, and I still have more than 8k UC to spare (which is enough to buy nearly full gear from Nada, but I rather progress slightly slower with more dependency on the RNG because it would save me more than half the cost eventually).

Things really get quite fine for a character a few lvls after 300 :D

I have my Sent at 244 and I'm Command Rank 300. I've found it easier in pvp with the higher ranked gear. Didn't think gear was really that much more effective at the higher ranks.