Quiters who leave during first round in solo ranked

omaan

So situation is like this - our team tryhards in solo ranked match, we win it with great difficulty but before round 2 starts two-three elitists from enemy team just quit and in the end we get + 3 or + 5....why is this our problems that those elitists started to blame each other in loose and just quited? Not only they left one guy in their team alone instead of trying to win it in next round they also made our win useless.

What i reccomend is either block those players who quit solo ranked before second round from queueing for like 10 + min or just make so that every win gives proper elo regardless if anyone leaves from enemy team. It would be fair considering that lately people just quit every match during first round and just re-queue....

https://imgur.com/T1Xxo82

So situation is like this - our team tryhards in solo ranked match, we win it with great difficulty but before round 2 starts two-three elitists from enemy team just quit and in the end we get + 3 or + 5....why is this our problems that those elitists started to blame each other in loose and just quited? Not only they left one guy in their team alone instead of trying to win it in next round they also made our win useless.

What i reccomend is either block those players who quit solo ranked before second round from queueing for like 10 + min or just make so that every win gives proper elo regardless if anyone leaves from enemy team. It would be fair considering that lately people just quit every match during first round and just re-queue....

Dear omaan, sir, you are only treating the symptom by trying to handle quitters in the fashion you propose!

I suggest looking deeper into the cause of the symptom, and removing that which causes the behavior you so despise!

You can achieve this by asking yourself; Why would someone quit a match? Why would someone want to cause themselves the shame of being a quitter? Why would this someone cause others the anguish of not getting an enjoyable game match?

Once you can answer these questions honestly, and only then will you come to the real solution of this epidemic we call quitters.

Hope this helps you mate. Really do.

Majority of the time, i see it happen, when the first round is lost and someone who was focused and killed off first, gets a buttload of abuse from his "fellow teammates", who wants to listen to this? A lot of the times, the quit.

lul no. they leave after first loss cuz no one cares about elo.

lets look at 2 people from SS solos shall we? they both leave after the first loss. 1 when asked why, says "im not having fun so why should I play?" second pretends not to speak english, is terrible and is basicallly an auto loss.

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611688263418141635

http://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611688041925363421

I left end game early august to focus on making 16 new toons for 6.0 (8 per faction/adv class) LB num 2 was at 600. 200? whew, I didnt know you could go that low playing normaly! yikes

Edited by Seterade

Dear omaan, sir, you are only treating the symptom by trying to handle quitters in the fashion you propose!

I suggest looking deeper into the cause of the symptom, and removing that which causes the behavior you so despise!

You can achieve this by asking yourself; Why would someone quit a match? Why would someone want to cause themselves the shame of being a quitter? Why would this someone cause others the anguish of not getting an enjoyable game match?

Once you can answer these questions honestly, and only then will you come to the real solution of this epidemic we call quitters.

Hope this helps you mate. Really do.

doesnt matter why it happens. we are playing a game here, i come from my job to play the GAME not think about kid's logic or pshycological issues. Devs can easily fix it - either block those guys from queue for some time as punishment or grant the winning team normal elo no matter what. Why should we think about someone quiting matches? someone did it because he was flamed, second did it because he thought others are TOO BAD for him, third did it due to previous two leaving and forth just quited because he doesnt care.

Edited by omaan

Majority of the time, i see it happen, when the first round is lost and someone who was focused and killed off first, gets a buttload of abuse from his "fellow teammates", who wants to listen to this? A lot of the times, the quit.

reasons doesn't matter because there could be tonnes of them. Devs just need to fix it and they can do it....otherwise normal players will have to worrie not only about having quiters in their team but also to worry about not having quiters in ENEMY team. And now it's become total garbage

doesnt matter why it happens. we are playing a game here, i come from my job to play the GAME not think about kid's logic or pshycological issues. Devs can easily fix it - either block those guys from queue for some time as punishment or grant the winning team normal elo no matter what.

Loath as I am to agree with him, he's right on this. People shouldn't be quitting ranked matches, period. When they do, they should be punished and the elo of their opponents should not suffer.

I had a match today that I waited so long for the queue, when it finally popped, I had found a group to do regs. I thought for some reason, that i ended up in a 4v4 reg, but it was the long ago queued ranked match. When I joined the group, you think it would have dropped me from the solo queue, but it didn't. Sorry to the folks I dropped the match on. It wasn't intentional to mess anyone up.

Indeed why should we not only be scared of quitters in our team but also having them in enemy team. Considering that getting elo in this game is tremendously hard devs need to do something with these leavers in enemy team and your methods dealing with this look appropriate. I cant understand why not implementing both of them - both bann from queue those who quits before second round and make that winning team gets full deserved elo.

Well, the "leave warzone" button is not greyed out, so people can leave as many warzones and ranked arenas as they want to.

I don't see any problems there muahahahahahaha :)

:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

Sigh... people on DM server continue to quit in first round resulting in low elo gain for enemy team which tryhards for the win. Solo ranked becomes a nightmare not only because current elo system based on 1 loose reducing more elo than 1 win gives but also because of wins giving like 3-4 elo due to first round quiters in enemy team. Maybe devs will do something finally.. Edited by omaan