This thread will save pvp.

Dethla-Hadyn

UPDATED!

Here is a list of realistic and obtainable changes that will evolve our current pvp maps, and save us from the current detrimental trends we now see in warzones.

• First of all, the Credit rewards for victory must be increased by 150%.
  • All spawn doors have been removed, except Voidstar.
  • "Shamed" 5minute icon appears above people's heads who select to leave the match.(no debuffs)

NOW....Read the following before freaking out.

Voidstar

The Ship's defences employ a "Sonic Pulse Generator", which pulses a stackable damage over time on all participants. This DOT does not affect stealth. Players will find themselves under both constant threat of their enemies, and of the unavoidable Ship Sonic Defence Program. The DOT stacks up to rank 10(rank 10 achieved in 30 seconds @ 1500 damage per second cap) and begins ticking as soon as the players begin entry to the ship from the landing platform. Additionally, the DOT resets upon death.

HuttBall(both maps)

All participants in Giraada's Huttball warzones receive Magnetic G-Boots regardless of class. The effect is to promote passing and teamwork, granting a perpetual 50% speed debuff.

Novarre Coast

Claiming turrets' durations have been decreased by 50%.

Civil War

As part of the Ship Battles taking place in the sky, both teams will have their ships bombard the fields (grass and snow) with Frag Missiles (Frag Missile damage caps at 3000 damage every 3 seconds). These missiles will attack all grounds around controlled turrets(East and West) and inflict all players with area of effect damage, both sides will suffer collateral damage. The only shelter from either team's missiles is within the center turret dome, but each team will need to claim more than one turret to increase odds of victory and destroy the enemy ships. Additionally, the first team to claim all three turrets in Civil War, grant the firepower required to destroy the enemy ships with one fatal blow, thus winning the entire warzone respectively. Players who begin from respawn entry point are granted a short-lived and immediate "Five Second Stealth Generator", which also grants temporary invisibility and immunity from both Missiles.

Ancient Hypergate

This warzone has been turned into a Gree enhanced training zone, where all Orb Carriers are granted a 150% increase to Endurance, and Mastery, with a negative 70% speed debuff, granting them increased health points and damage output while holding the Orb at reduced movement speeds. However, claiming an Orb now takes 10 seconds and furthermore, Orbs cannot be claimed until your team has maintained both Portals. When an Orb Carrier is defeated, or a Team Portal is lost, the Orb jumps to the player who struck the killing blow, or nearest enemy, granting him or her the same Gree Enhancements. Additionally, Orbs that are instead sacrificed to the friendly Portals, will now grant major point increases (500% increase bonus points per round). Orbs only spawn once per hypergate round.

I'll update the thread with better suggestions as they come.

Edited by Dethla-Hadyn

The only one that sounded reasonable and would be a upgrade, was your idea for civil war. The main problem is op this game is crap by the way it was put together. They could not even fix the lag issue in the old faction open world pvp zone on illum. What makes you think they could half the stuff your asking for? Also way too many speed boosts. Your idea for taking down the gates for void star would lead to no one getting anywhere. Your idea is way too op of a damage stacker for voidstar. Your numbers would not be that bad if pvp gear gave numbers like the pve gear. If you start giving out 150% rewards for wins in pvp anyone will be able to gear with virtually no effort. The rewards that need boosted is the ones for a loss. The whole shame idea is built upon the belief that people will want to do arenas, which is not the case. If the teams are stacked badly I leave arenas before they begin. Warzones I always fight it out, unless RL gets in the way.

Points for trying but your ideas are overlooking several items in the game.

Voidstar

The Ship's defences employ a "Sonic Pulse Generator", which pulses a stackable damage over time on all participants. Players will find themselves under both constant threat of their enemies, and of the unavoidable Ship Sonic Defence Program. The DOT stacks up to rank 10(rank 10 achieved in 30 seconds @ 1500 damage per second cap) and begins ticking as soon as the players begin entry to the ship from the landing platform. Additionally, the DOT resets upon death.

Interesting idea, I'd rather it just take the same time it does to cap the Core as it does cap a door.

HuttBall(both maps)

All participants in Giraada's Huttball warzones receive Magnetic G-Boots regardless of class. The effect is to promote passing and teamwork, granting a perpetual 70% speed debuff, which cannot be purged by intrinsic class abilities (self, or team-based Ergo; no Force speed, Predation, Hydrallic Overrides, Operative Roll, etc.).

Predation already encourages Team Play, and the Operative Roll is not a speed boost, it's simply a mobility ability and DCD.

Novarre Coast

Claiming turrets' durations have been multiplied by 150%.

Change Multiplied to Reduced and you will win my heart over forever

Civil War

As part of the Ship Battles taking place in the sky, both teams will have their ships bombard the fields (grass and snow) with Frag Missiles (Frag Missile damage caps at 3000 damage every 3 seconds). These missiles will attack all grounds around controlled turrets(East and West) and inflict all players with area of effect damage, both sides will suffer collateral damage. The only shelter from either team's missiles is within the center turret dome, but each team will need to claim more than one turret to increase odds of victory and destroy the enemy ships. Additionally, the first team to claim all three turrets in Civil War, grant the firepower required to destroy the enemy ships with one fatal blow, thus winning the entire warzone respectively. Players who begin from respawn entry point are granted a short-lived and immediate "Five Second Stealth Generator", which also grants temporary invisibility and immunity from both Missiles and Enemy Players.

Damn, that's a Great idea! Would be interesting and probably hard AF to program though...

Ancient Hypergate

This warzone has been turned into a Gree enhanced training zone, where all Orb Carriers are granted a 150% increase to Endurance, and Mastery, with a negative 70% speed debuff, granting them increased health points and damage output while holding the Orb at reduced movement speeds. However, claiming an Orb now takes 10 seconds and furthermore, Orbs cannot be claimed until your team has maintained both Portals. When an Orb Carrier is defeated, or a Team Portal is lost, the Orb jumps to the player who struck the killing blow, or nearest enemy, granting him or her the same Gree Enhancements. Additionally, Orbs that are instead sacrificed to the friendly Portals, will now grant major point increases (500% increase bonus points per round). Orbs only spawn once per hypergate round.

So, basically you ensured Nobody will get orbs, and this becomes a TDM? Ok... Just tell bioware to add an 8v8 TDM map where the first team to 100 kills, or most after 10 minutes wins.

Not terrible ideas, just not great for most of them either... Or they would be hard AF to program.

I applaud how you are thinking about how to improve PVP rather than just complaining and providing no ideas on how to make it better. Comments on your ideas:

Increase in rewards - I disagree that this is necessary at this time. With the decrease in price to obtain PVP gear, the rewards seem reasonable compared to the price of the gear.

Remove doors - Interesting idea and i think it might work in Ancient Hypergate and Novarre Coast and not work in Voidstar. Not relevant to Civil War. In Voidstar, it would give too much advantage to the defenders as they would just respawn at the doors and the attacking team would respawn much farther away. in AH and NC, both teams are equidistant from pylon/mid, or E/Mid or W/Mid so it could work.

Shame icon - I would agree with a slight deserter debuff, maybe decreasing all stats by 10% for 5 or 10 min if someone leaves after the match has started. For those that backfill a zone already started, no deserter buff if they leave.

Voidstar changes - I disagree with this. You have effectively removed the stealth class from the zone with the continuous DOT. I play an operative, merc and sorc in PVP and I am very well aware of how annoying stealth can be. When making an improvement to a zone, we should not make an entire class or two ineffective for that entire zone. Maybe as an alternative, implement a change that make the bombs on the doors dangerous. For example, when they explode, it is a massive explosion that does a knock back and massive damage (15-20K) unless you are out of line of sight from the bomb.

Huttball - I like the idea of promoting teamwork and disagree with implementing boots on all participants. Some classes have abilities that proc when they utilize a leap, force speed, roll or what have you. I think we should still allow them to have those abilities to fight. When carrying the ball, having those abilities disabled, like a merc/commando electro net, i think is a good idea.

Novarre Coast - I disagree with this idea. Novarre capping is the most unique in that you can can from various distances at various angles and if more than 1 from your team is capping, it speeds the cap. This capping appears reasonable in my opinion given you can can slowly cap a node over time even if a massive battle is taking place at the node.

Civil War - Interesting idea. I really like the idea of bombardment. I would like to tweak it just a bit and have the ships bombard a turret controlled by the enemy and the bombard is localized to the node area. I disagree with one fatal blow on a 3 cap. The ship goes down fast enough with a 3 cap. Stealth generator I think is unnecessary. There are alternative ways to get to a node than just jumping into a crowd of enemies and we do need to leave some consequence of players not thinking clearly by jumping into 1 on 5 situation.

Ancient Hypergate - I like the idea of buffing the player with an orb and disagree with 150% to stats and 500% increase in points. That buff is too strong. It seems you want to make the orb kinda of like a huttball. Not bad. If you increase the points on orbs slightly, make them once per round as you indicated, and have the orb switch to an enemy player upon defeat, I think it would add a new mechanic to the zone.

Whether or not the developers read any of this, I enjoy reading what other PVPers ideas are. Please keep them coming.

Edited by Tabarro

Here is a list of realistic and obtainable changes that will evolve our current pvp maps, and save us from the current detrimental trends we now see in warzones.

• "Shamed" 5minute icon appears above people's heads who select to leave the match.(no debuffs)

The leaver should pay 1500 credits to each player in the PVP list. Max 7 * 1500 = 10500 credits...

• First of all, the Credit rewards for victory must be increased by 150%.

NOW....Read the following before freaking out.

Voidstar

The Ship's defences employ a "Sonic Pulse Generator", which pulses a stackable damage over time on all participants. This DOT does not affect stealth. Players will find themselves under both constant threat of their enemies, and of the unavoidable Ship Sonic Defence Program. The DOT stacks up to rank 10(rank 10 achieved in 30 seconds @ 1500 damage per second cap) and begins ticking as soon as the players begin entry to the ship from the landing platform. Additionally, the DOT resets upon death.

HuttBall(both maps)

All participants in Giraada's Huttball warzones receive Magnetic G-Boots regardless of class. The effect is to promote passing and teamwork, granting a perpetual 50% speed debuff.

Novarre Coast

Claiming turrets' durations have been decreased by 50%.

Civil War

As part of the Ship Battles taking place in the sky, both teams will have their ships bombard the fields (grass and snow) with Frag Missiles (Frag Missile damage caps at 3000 damage every 3 seconds). These missiles will attack all grounds around controlled turrets(East and West) and inflict all players with area of effect damage, both sides will suffer collateral damage. The only shelter from either team's missiles is within the center turret dome, but each team will need to claim more than one turret to increase odds of victory and destroy the enemy ships. Additionally, the first team to claim all three turrets in Civil War, grant the firepower required to destroy the enemy ships with one fatal blow, thus winning the entire warzone respectively. Players who begin from respawn entry point are granted a short-lived and immediate "Five Second Stealth Generator", which also grants temporary invisibility and immunity from both Missiles.

Ancient Hypergate

I'll update the thread with better suggestions as they come.

Revised.

- clarified. The Credit rewards have been increased by 150%, not the commendations.

- Returned the spawn doors for Voidstar, all other Warzones still have doors removed.

-clarified. Voidstar sonic defence program damage over time does not affect stealth.

-Huttball G-boots perpetual speed debuff reduced to 50%, all class movement abilities re-instated.

-claiming Novaare Coast turrets durations have been reduced by 50%

Guy, Gals... I said this thread would save regular warzone pvp, not *my* ideas. The main objectives are to decrease the amount of time spent in a warzone, and to evolve the existing maps to accommodate our enhanced lvl 65 classes. Cheers to the all the positive replies! Keep the ideas rollin'

Thanks!

You know, I was thinking lately, that what 65 changes will bring is possibly the kind of unit deployment fighting in the zones. I quite often see it already, two or three players forming a mini unit that is very effective. With more mobility, what it may bring is fighting at all three focal points, on all 3 (or 2 in AHG) nodes. Just wandering.

All, and all, I think Dethla is right in his previous post when he expresses the sentiment of 'group up or go extinct'.

Maybe we do not need the changes for the more interesting games, but a change of strategy to include pre-planning a comp to entering a warzone. Maybe we need to be more like the PvE folks, who go through their alts to build a viable Op group before hitting the Underlurker.

Most of these ideas sound horrible.

The last thing pvp needs is more pve, changes should promote actual player vs player engagement, not player vs environment.

I think this comment demonstrates a narrow vision. There are already some pvp zones that have some environmental element, such as Huttball fire traps, Quest Huttball poison sludge, and Ancient Hypergate pylon detonation. They are certainly predictable environmental effects and because of that players can utilize those in combat. Even if you don't use them in combat, you certainly need to be aware of them at all times even when fighting another player. There certainly is no harm in adding another layer of complexity to your situation awareness. If you really want to improve combat in PVP, you need to take off the blinders and be open to exploring ideas and how those ideas could work. Adding dangerous effects to the environment is a legitimate way of improving game play. This is not PVP vs PVE. This is challenging ourselves to develop original ideas to enhance our enjoyment of game play.

I think this comment demonstrates a narrow vision. There are already some pvp zones that have some environmental element, such as Huttball fire traps, Quest Huttball poison sludge, and Ancient Hypergate pylon detonation. They are certainly predictable environmental effects and because of that players can utilize those in combat. Even if you don't use them in combat, you certainly need to be aware of them at all times even when fighting another player. There certainly is no harm in adding another layer of complexity to your situation awareness. If you really want to improve combat in PVP, you need to take off the blinders and be open to exploring ideas and how those ideas could work. Adding dangerous effects to the environment is a legitimate way of improving game play. This is not PVP vs PVE. This is challenging ourselves to develop original ideas to enhance our enjoyment of game play.

See^. Tabarro gets it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

What's upsetting is how other people besides the ones who were positive or constructive, only display their lack of imagination, and although it saddens me, it's not their fault they're dumb. Everyone else drives by because they aren't even aware what the thread is about lmao.

Point is, the warzone maps were designed for level 50's. At level 65, we'll need to revamp them.

Ideas....GO!

Disagreeing is not mutually exclusive to 'getting it'

I think what you mean is "this guy agrees with me. Yay!"

Man, give it a rest. This thread is focused on ideas for revamping our warzones. Whether ea/ware thinks they need to be, is another matter, but bringing some fresh ideas to their attention is the main objective.

Disagreeing with constructive input is what's totally required, mutually exclusive, or otherwise. If someone stands up and says this thread sucks, and simply leaves it like that, they only make themselves look stupid. How could a thread aimed at improving pvp, not be a good thing? Hmm?

What's your suggestions for revamping the level 50 warzone maps, Mr particular. I expect indifference from you, seeing as how you've boasted about cancelling your sub. Proove to me that I'm not wasting my time replying to you.