Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ask me anything / Training

Ramalina
02.19.2019 , 02:12 PM | #891
Quote: Originally Posted by Achnaatthree View Post
will need to pay closer attention on the objective score, and reaccount my time staying near the Sat
Two points about time defending.
  1. You need to be really close. As in the ends of the fins sticking out from the sides of the satellite may be a little bit too far away. Every time you get outside of that range the defense timer will stop counting until you get back in range.
  2. The clock that counts is the server's clock. Generally this doesn't make all that much difference, but if you're at say, 350 ms latency to the server, then if you're flying in and out of range of satellites a bunch, those bits of time between when your computer sends the message, "hey I'm near a satellite," and when the server receives that message can add up. So it's possible that with a stopwatch you'd be thinking, "I spent 4:01 defending the satellite," but the server's records only show you defending for 3:56.

The second case is super rare though. Usually defense objectives being less than you think they should be are a matter of being too far from the satellite. If you're not at risk of crashing into the satellite, it's worth thinking about getting closer. Satellites need love too, so hug them a lot. Nice tight squeezy hugs, not lame arms length trying-not-to-touch hugs.
"A padawan's master sets their Jedi trial, Rajivari set mine."
- Zhe Lian, Sage.

Twitch

Achnaatthree
02.20.2019 , 06:45 PM | #892
Quote: Originally Posted by Ramalina View Post

, "I spent 4:01 defending the satellite," but the server's records only show you defending for 3:56.
thing though, in chat, I read I achieved 4 min defend, but at the end there was no medal for 4 min, so did not complete the conquest complete for that.
certainly not going to take a screen shot every few seconds to record and able to report such, just to catch such a glitch, that may or may not ever happen again, because I wouldn't know something like that till the end of the match.

not upset that it did, just disappointed I had no means available to record it

Achnaatthree
02.28.2019 , 09:34 PM | #893
was there ever green Doritos on the compass ? , like the red ones, that can go a long way helping with orientation, and keeping with your friendlies

I could probably keep track better if I could see where my team is at, rather then fly in a ring till I see them on the map.

don't understand the reason to keep us disorientated, can't look where we're going, before we go there, so give me something to keep as a land mark, show friendlies too on the compass, (if you want to call it a compass)

Drakkolich
02.28.2019 , 09:37 PM | #894
Quote: Originally Posted by Achnaatthree View Post
was there ever green Doritos on the compass ? , like the red ones, that can go a long way helping with orientation, and keeping with your friendlies

I could probably keep track better if I could see where my team is at, rather then fly in a ring till I see them on the map.

don't understand the reason to keep us disorientated, can't look where we're going, before we go there, so give me something to keep as a land mark, show friendlies too on the compass, (if you want to call it a compass)
No Sadly friends aren't on your firing arc like enemies are. The only way to find friends is by using the minimap.

You can use the "V" key (bound to that be default) to reorient your ship though, so that you can figure out which direction you're looking easier.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Achnaatthree
02.28.2019 , 10:54 PM | #895
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakkolich View Post
No Sadly friends aren't on your firing arc like enemies are. The only way to find friends is by using the minimap.

You can use the "V" key (bound to that be default) to reorient your ship though, so that you can figure out which direction you're looking easier.
dang . . was hoping there was something in preference that I missed to turn it on

okay, thanks

that V key is too slow, it's not pressing the key that is slow, just the action it takes is very slow. should snap , not take forever like I'm under heavy gravity, I'm in space there shouldn't be any strain in rotating the ship