Musco: Swtor IPs high lag & randomly causing red x lag on 159.153.92.x

TrixxieTriss

We’ve been getting a lot of lag and Red x spikes since the backend update.

So Ive been trying to isolate what it is.

This morning the ping has increased by 20ms on the lead in BioWare IPs before and at the server.

The 20ms is added as it passes from the internet to the Bioware IPs.

The red X lag spikes also corresponds with these IPs

159.153.92.10 (lead in IP)

159,153.92.86 (IP before server)

159.153.65.230 or 235 (server IP)

All 3 of these are having isssues.

Our normal ping from Australia is 214ms (on ping Plotter) and 220-230ms in the game.

At the moment it’s 241ms (on ping Plotter) and 245-249ms in the game

The ping at the last hop before the BioWare IPs is 221ms at the moment.

There are also recoded spikes going up to 343ms and only on those BioWare IPs.

When it red x in the game, ping Plotter is showing no connection to the servers from 159.153.92.10

There is something wrong with the BioWare side of things. This isn’t the internet or our connections

BioWare, please get your ISP or network engineers to look at what’s happening.

Yes, I have been having this same problem since the last update. Thought it was my ISP being effected by the wet weather we have been having. Decided to check the forum to see if anybody else was having this same problem. Relieved to see I am not alone, but saddened by this revelation at the same time. Please, EAware, fix this issue ASAP. The game has been unplayable for the better part of a week. I love this game, but the frustration level of constantly being kicked off the server is making me rethink my chosen game.

Yes, I have been having this same problem since the last update. Thought it was my ISP being effected by the wet weather we have been having. Decided to check the forum to see if anybody else was having this same problem. Relieved to see I am not alone, but saddened by this revelation at the same time. Please, EAware, fix this issue ASAP. The game has been unplayable for the better part of a week. I love this game, but the frustration level of constantly being kicked off the server is making me rethink my chosen game.

I’ve noticed the lag always hits about 50,000 - 51,000 and then resets back to normal. The lag doesn’t stop below that or above that before it resets