Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

Poor Revan.

The way I see it playing out is like Aurbere said, Grievous and Revan will be the major combatants while G0-T0 lurks in the shadows.

think Revan can hold off Grievous long enough for G0-T0 to outwit Grievous. As Revan falls Grievous will get bolder and more confident, culminating in Revan's last stand were Grievous will be present. At that time, G0-T0 will have found a way to hack into not the droids, but the ships themselves. Most importantly Grievous's capital ship. As Revan fights tooth and nail to the bitter end (Ventress is boarding Revan's ship slaughtering Malak thus a non-issue)

G0-T0 will sneak a small army of HK-50's he has built aboard unnoticed. He will proceed to use his control of the ship to mask his army's march to the bridge. Now by this point G0-T0 has been studying so he has full specs on the ship and Grievous himself. Aware of all the possible outcomes and escape routes, G0-T0's sheer number of HK's (ahem, jedi killers) and his preparation for all eventualities will overwhelm Grievous and he'll die in the escape attempt. If Revan isn't dead by the time G0-T0 kills Grievous, he'll just send the remaining HK's and I don't think Revan will have the means to stop him at that point.

Color? Good choice! :)

I agree with your G0-T0 point of view plan.

One question though. What if Grievous and Revan are still fighting when the droids arrive? I'll answer that. Revan shares the fate of poor Nahdar, a victim of Grievous' underhanded strike. Then Grievous will probably fall victim to the droids. Probably. He has suffered from firepower before. Guess it will depend on what the droids are outfitted with.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't. Ventress is coming into her own. She's not that apprentice she once was. She rebelled against Dooku (after some interesting circumstances). I think Revan would have to offer her something Dooku could not. Remember Ventress wanted to learn from the secrets of the greatest Dark Lord ever (Sidious, through Dooku). Revan would have to offer her something pretty significant.

Well Grievous could simply glass Nar Shaddaa if it proves difficult to take.

Again, true, but that wouldn't kill G0-T0, his ship would be safe-he could move to another system or planet. Could G0-T0's droid control control Grievous? Also, a gravity well projector would pull Grievous out and let G0-T0 ambush Grievous and alert the smugglers of the invasion.

EDIT: Where are the Reven fanboys? The G0-T0 fanboy(me, but more like a major fan, but whatever.I'm not obsessed, but I really like him) is here, but the rest(Warren) are MIA.

Edited by Canino

Again, true, but that wouldn't kill G0-T0, his ship would be safe-he could move to another system or planet. Could G0-T0's droid control control Grievous? Also, a gravity well projector would pull Grievous out and let G0-T0 ambush Grievous and alert the smugglers of the invasion.

EDIT: Where are the Reven fanboys? The G0-T0 fanboy(me, but more like a major fan, but whatever.I'm not obsessed, but I really like him) is here, but the rest(Warren) are MIA.

Grievous is not a droid. He has a fully functioning brain. The only piece of tech in his head is an implant that allows him to communicate with his droid armies. Now it may be plausible that G0-T0 could take over the droids through that implant, but can G0-T0 remote hack something? Why didn't he hack T3 then? Or HK-47? Something on my mind.

Let the Revan fanboys sleep. Personally, the only time I would fanboy is with Plo Koon. :)

Edit: Okay. Grievous has a little more tech in his head. But the tech is mainly implants meant to augment his personality and combat abilities.

Edited by Aurbere

Question didn't Beni say combatants have knowledge on eachother? Or was it just that one time thing? Cause if so, they could plan accordingly to what information they have. Or is the info they have not really worth having anyway?

Yes, they do. But I remember him saying that it's not extensive. Just basic knowledge, I think.

Grievous is not a droid. He has a fully functioning brain. The only piece of tech in his head is an implant that allows him to communicate with his droid armies. Now it may be plausible that G0-T0 could take over the droids through that implant, but can G0-T0 remote hack something? Why didn't he hack T3 then? Or HK-47? Something on my mind.

Let the Revan fanboys sleep. Personally, the only time I would fanboy is with Plo Koon. :)

Edit: Okay. Grievous has a little more tech in his head. But the tech is mainly implants meant to augment his personality and combat abilities.

I could tell on my last thread, question how does Grievous fare vs Force lightning? Is he resistant to it like Darth Vader or would it fry his life-support systems just for debate purposes?

I could tell on my last thread, question how does Grievous fare vs Force lightning? Is he resistant to it like Darth Vader or would it fry his life-support systems just for debate purposes?

Truthfully, I can't answer that. I would assume his vital organs are vulnerable, but I just don't know. He has survived things that would kill a normal man. Don't know what to tell you there.

I don't think we should assume anything here.

Color? Good choice! :)

I agree with your G0-T0 point of view plan.

One question though. What if Grievous and Revan are still fighting when the droids arrive? I'll answer that. Revan shares the fate of poor Nahdar, a victim of Grievous' underhanded strike. Then Grievous will probably fall victim to the droids. Probably. He has suffered from firepower before. Guess it will depend on what the droids are outfitted with.

Why thank you :cool:

Well, I'd imagine Grievous would stay in the rear, G0-T0 could easily procure a CIS transport and land it without suspicion (especially if he controls the ship's sensors, doors, and comms.). And he'd wait till Revan is all but dead before striking and just finish him off with the remaining HKs and hacked ships if he needed to.

Reporting for duty!

I think that Revan will beat General Grievous. I havent yet looked at whether he can find and defeat G0-T0.

1) Revan forces a face-to-face confrontation with GG. Revan then picks the droid general up with the Force and crushes him, like Mace Windu did in the animated Clone Wars cartoon (not really sure if that is still canon, but I *think* it is). Alternatively, Revan could subject GG to blast after blast of Force lightning -- I doubt even the General's metallic skin could withstand very much of that. How can GG defend against this? He has no Force powers of his own to counter Revan's. He could possible anchor himself to the ground with magnetics/his clawlike feet, but that wouldnt help him much. Revan would still crush him.

2) Revan sends a team of assassins to kill GG. Even if they are detected on the way into GG's hideout, I'd give them good odds that at least *one* could stealth up to GG and and plant one (or more -- the more, the messier!! :D ) plasma grenades/mines on GG's back. Boom. Even if the General survived the explosives, he'd likely be considerably weakened for a period of days, enabling Revan to force him into the scenario described in point one above.

Admittedly, I haven't seen any of the new Clone Wars series, and so have little idea of any new info regarding GG, but I doubt he could survive these attacks.

Truthfully, I can't answer that. I would assume his vital organs are vulnerable, but I just don't know. He has survived things that would kill a normal man. Don't know what to tell you there.

I don't think we should assume anything here.

Alrght just makng sure, I still think G0-T0 would win simply because Revan and Grievous cant find him. I mean it makes sense for G0-T0 to just wait it out and let Revan and Grievous destroy each other.

Or say one side is losing say: Revan's side for example then he'd take steps to assist the losing side from the shadows without leaving a trace, all to insure that they stay on a collision course to destroy each other to the point where any victory between Revan and Grievous is a pyrrhic one and any side left standing is too weak to compete with G0-T0.

Why thank you :cool:

Well, I'd imagine Grievous would stay in the rear, G0-T0 could easily procure a CIS transport and land it without suspicion (especially if he controls the ship's sensors, doors, and comms.). And he'd wait till Revan is all but dead before striking and just finish him off with the remaining HKs and hacked ships if he needed to.

Indeed, that strategy is plausible. Would G0-T0 do such a thing? Probably. If Grievous does beat Revan, would he not just escape? Could he escape? Maybe.

I don't think G0-T0 could hack the entire CIS fleet. How does he even go about doing that? And why wouldn't he hack Revan's fleet as well?

Reporting for duty!

I think that Revan will beat General Grievous. I havent yet looked at whether he can find and defeat G0-T0.

1) Revan forces a face-to-face confrontation with GG. Revan then picks the droid general up with the Force and crushes him, like Mace Windu did in the animated Clone Wars cartoon (not really sure if that is still canon, but I *think* it is). Alternatively, Revan could subject GG to blast after blast of Force lightning -- I doubt even the General's metallic skin could withstand very much of that. How can GG defend against this? He has no Force powers of his own to counter Revan's. He could possible anchor himself to the ground with magnetics/his clawlike feet, but that wouldnt help him much. Revan would still crush him.

2) Revan sends a team of assassins to kill GG. Even if they are detected on the way into GG's hideout, I'd give them good odds that at least *one* could stealth up to GG and and plant one (or more -- the more, the messier!! :D ) plasma grenades/mines on GG's back. Boom. Even if the General survived the explosives, he'd likely be considerably weakened for a period of days, enabling Revan to force him into the scenario described in point one above.

Admittedly, I haven't seen any of the new Clone Wars series, and so have little idea of any new info regarding GG, but I doubt he could survive these attacks.

1. "Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He's a coward."- Mace Windu

2. You don't think Grievous wouldn't feel something like that going on. He doesn't really leave himself open to such things. And he has survived explosions before. Lots of explosions.

Indeed, that strategy is plausible. Would G0-T0 do such a thing? Probably. If Grievous does beat Revan, would he not just escape? Could he escape? Maybe.

I don't think G0-T0 could hack the entire CIS fleet. How does he even go about doing that? And why wouldn't he hack Revan's fleet as well?

Use your imagination Aurbere!! G0-T0's a highly advanced droid, he specializes in using droids and hacking them for his operations (he does this consistently on Nar Shaddaa in KOTOR2). I don't see it being too hard for G0-T0 to send one or a few of his probes, or an HK-50 (since they have done that in the past) to hack the CIS fleet (maybe not all at once, but a few portions at a time seems a bit more realistic plus hed have the time since Grievous cant find him.

Use your imagination Aurbere!! G0-T0's a highly advanced droid, he specializes in using droids and hacking them for his operations (he does this consistently on Nar Shaddaa in KOTOR2). I don't see it being too hard for G0-T0 to send one or a few of his probes, or an HK-50 (since they have done that in the past) to hack the CIS fleet (maybe not all at once, but a few portions at a time seems a bit more realistic plus hed have the time since Grievous cant find him.

But the question is though, has he hacked into a ship before? Droids obviously, given that he is shown to do so but if there isn't any evidence of him hacking into a fleet then I don't see how he can. Taking over ships I could see, but literally hacking into the fleets? I don't. Imagination isn't good for debates, need to go with what is presented.

All G0-T0 is, is an infrastructure planning system, which doesn't have much in the way of specs.

1. Computer imput port

2. Deflector shield node

3. Holographic imaging

4. Repulsorlift.

Now with G0-T0 yes he could have some modifications in the droid, but he never really shown anything large scale aside from being able to hack into droids.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

1. "Grievous will run and hide as he always does. He's a coward."- Mace Windu

2. You don't think Grievous wouldn't feel something like that going on. He doesn't really leave himself open to such things. And he has survived explosions before. Lots of explosions.

1) As has been said before in this debate, Anakin, Obi-wan, and Kit Fisto all managed to force (or trick) Grievous into a direct confrontation. How is it impossible that Revan could do the same?

2) I'm sure he'd feel it, but could he react quickly enough to save himself? I doubt even the average Jedi's reflexes would be quick enough to escape that, and these are guys who deflect blaster bolts!! And, if you would, tell me how exactly he would survive a plasma grenade/mine (or heck, a thermal detonator -- aren't those even more powerful?) going off on his back.

Well, as for the first question, yeah I think that's how G0-T0 would do it.

As for the second, no I covered that. G0-T0 would know all Grievous's planned escape routes and the abilities of his body so he's plan accordingly. (such as pre-launching all the escape pods and setting up HK's on the outer hull.)

And as for how he'd control the ships? Computer Cores... he'd find the manufacturing plant and insert a virus or program and gain access to key (yet taken for granted) systems with less security at the minimum. He wouldn't need ALL the ships, just Grievous's capital ship and a few others to finish Revan off if need be. He's a computer with a massive intel network and stealth capabilities, finding the proper plants and ensuring their cargoes are destined for Grievous's ship isn't that hard imo.

But the question is though, has he hacked into a ship before? Droids obviously, given that he is shown to do so but if there isn't any evidence of him hacking into a fleet then I don't see how he can. Taking over ships I could see, but literally hacking into the fleets? I don't. Imagination isn't good for debates, need to go with what is presented.

I know what you mean i was just using the word "imagination" didnt mean it literally. Now hacking into fleets I agree im not sure of but its also plausible he could hack the entire droid army or at least huge portions of it so there goes a bunch if not all of your army

GG has the advantage in number with his army, but i give my nod to revans army because Humanoids have the ability to adapt on the spots in situations as robots are control with programs and cant run off track to what they are programmed, and revan as a great military general , would use that to his advantage , i see revan cutting off the head of of GG buy destroying the droids center command like jar jar binx and his race did on naboo.

I also see G0-T0 going after Grievous army to take control of his remaining force To add to his army since its droids they would be easier to Convert then revans Troops. G0-T0 would have many spies in Revan's army to relay information.

by the time revan and GG get to the finish of their war revan number will be so little that i see G0-T0 lunching a full scale attack and finishing revan off Months after he defeated GG. I Have it revan defeats GG and G0-T0 finishing revan

1) As has been said before in this debate, Anakin, Obi-wan, and Kit Fisto all managed to force (or trick) Grievous into a direct confrontation. How is it impossible that Revan could do the same?

2) I'm sure he'd feel it, but could he react quickly enough to save himself? I doubt even the average Jedi's reflexes would be quick enough to escape that, and these are guys who deflect blaster bolts!! And, if you would, tell me how exactly he would survive a plasma grenade/mine (or heck, a thermal detonator -- aren't those even more powerful?) going off on his back.

And Grievous managed to get out alive. It wasn't until Obi-Wan had him finally cornered him(though Grievous would have fled had his rivalry with Kenobi not existed) on Utapau that he was defeated. Barely defeated I might add.

2. His body was made of pure Duranium, a substance that required intense heat to melt. It was also capable of brushing off glancing blows from lightsabers. His metallic body allowed him to survive even the most brutal of injuries (explosions, STAP's falling on him etc.).

GG has the advantage in number with his army, but i give my nod to revans army because Humanoids have the ability to adapt on the spots in situations as robots are control with programs and cant run off track to what they are programmed, and revan as a great military general , would use that to his advantage , i see revan cutting off the head of of GG buy destroying the droids center command like jar jar binx and his race did on naboo.

I also see G0-T0 going after Grievous army to take control of his remaining force To add to his army since its droids they would be easier to Convert then revans Troops. G0-T0 would have many spies in Revan's army to relay information.

by the time revan and GG get to the finish of their war revan number will be so little that i see G0-T0 lunching a full scale attack and finishing revan off Months after he defeated GG. I Have it revan defeats GG and G0-T0 finishing revan

One problem here (which destroys your argument... sorry :(). The CIS army no longer operates off of Droid Control Ships. The DCS' have been turned into full scale military vessels and now carry twice the number of droids that they did before. (One ship carries almost 400,000 droids and 7,000 tanks)

And Grievous managed to get out alive. It wasn't until Obi-Wan had him finally cornered him(though Grievous would have fled had his rivalry with Kenobi not existed) on Utapau that he was defeated. Barely defeated I might add.

2. His body was made of pure Duranium, a substance that required intense heat to melt. It was also capable of brushing off glancing blows from lightsabers. His metallic body allowed him to survive even the most brutal of injuries (explosions, STAP's falling on him etc.).

Ah, ok, I see now why the explosives wouldn't work. I did not know about the Duranium (my quick skim through his Wookiee page must have missed it! :) ). I still think Revan would be able to crush Grievous' organs, unless he somehow needed to expose them before he could affect them. I suppose the Duranium would likely be pretty good at negating any damage that might be caused by lightning.

I agree that in a straight-up lightsaber duel between the two, Revan is unlikely to win. Even with Malak at his side, they probably couldn't beat GG. With a dozen agile, stealthy assassins, they might have a 50-50 shot, though, but that's assuming GG has no reinforcements of his own on hand. Given what we know of the General, it is unlikely that he could be completely separated from his Separatist forces.

EDIT:

On the topic of G0-T0 hacking Grievous' droid forces, I doubt he would be able to assume control of deployed forces. However, his agents could upload a virus to the droids still under production, or possibly even the ones simply powered down and in storage.

Edited by Darth_Scelestus
added arguement

EDIT:On the topic of G0-T0 hacking Grievous' droid forces, I doubt he would be able to assume control of deployed forces. However, his agents could upload a virus to the droids still under production, or possibly even the ones simply powered down and in storage.

I see your point, however that still cripples most if not all of the droid army. Could the virus hack deployed forces? Not unless a carrier of th virus (a droid already infected) is also deployed as the virus could still spread regardless if the droids active or not. Either way, I see G0-T0 waiting this out from th shadows pulling strings to make sure Revan and Grievous destroy each other with no real victor. This is an easy and inevitable conclusion since neither Revan or Grievous can find G0-T0. (They might not even be aware of G0-T0 at the time, or if they are they still dont have the means to find him.)

Edited by Darkondo

One problem here (which destroys your argument... sorry :(). The CIS army no longer operates off of Droid Control Ships. The DCS' have been turned into full scale military vessels and now carry twice the number of droids that they did before. (One ship carries almost 400,000 droids and 7,000 tanks)

Thanks i don't watch the show .

Then i see the out come differently with that information, I think revan would do Enough damage before he is defeated that G0-T0 would be able to capitalize and finish GG off . revan would have targeted GG droid factory and ship yards. leaving GG unable to rebuild quick enough and GG numbers would be low and i see that being the key factor . Also after revan is defeated i still see his army fighting so GG would be occupied with destroying the remainder of his army . so It be GG defeats revan army and G0-T0 finishes off GG.

Tho another out come tactic i could see revan bombarding GG home world like malak did Taris and try to draw GG into a duel .

Thanks i don't watch the show .

Then i see the out come differently with that information, I think revan would do Enough damage before he is defeated that G0-T0 would be able to capitalize and finish GG off . revan would have targeted GG droid factory and ship yards. leaving GG unable to rebuild quick enough and GG numbers would be low and i see that being the key factor . Also after revan is defeated i still see his army fighting so GG would be occupied with destroying the remainder of his army . so It be GG defeats revan army and G0-T0 finishes off GG.

Tho another out come tactic i could see revan bombarding GG home world like malak did Taris and try to draw GG into a duel .

I'm not sure this would work out so well. First, Grievous has many many factories and shipyards -- to hit them all, or even just a few critical ones, would likely overextend Revan's much smaller military. Grievous would simply take Revan's forces apart piecemeal. I suppose Revan could focus on a single factory world at a time, but it would take too long to reach the point where Grievous was unable to replenish his forces, even if Revan won every battle (which, admittedly, is shaky).

Grievous himself often went after civillian centers, and would likely recognize what Revan was attempting to do. It's unlikely that any emotion Grievous might feel upon seeing his homeworld threatened would throw him off his game -- he was pretty ruthless.