We need healer,tank addons!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not disagreeing with you here, but have you tried customizing the UI? I spent some time rearranging things, changing the size of elements, using ops frames for a 4-person party, using Target of Target, etc. etc.

Once this was done I found my job as a healer was made a lot easier.

Until other addons are available, this may help you as well.

I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.

If you got the idea from WOw, then please go back and play that game. Let this game be a unique experience and stop asking for things you see in that game.

I can think of things we don't need -- Like add-on nazis kicking people for not having the current "must have" mods, or mods that break and need to be reinstalled every time the game is updated. Oh, and I also don't need an outbreak of mass hacking and bank robbery because Curse.com pushed a malware-infected mod to a couple of hundred thousand accounts - again.

the only REAL change they need to make, is the ability to size/filter buff/debuffs.

as is, the system is HORRIBLE for tracking that.

I'd also add more robust (but less visual noisy) party/raid frames, complete combat logs, and mouse-over casting toggles to the list.

This.

I don't need the addon, the custom UI is enough

Second that, Ive played mmo's with help addons. I think it's fine as is exept for not allowing to resize some elements alone. PROC + BUFF resize tool. Or just add a text on the screen. For example "You gain <debuff / buff / proc> in the middle of the screen.

I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.

1)

I understand that not everyone is a native speaker but please... this is just horrible written.

2)

You want addons because its sometimes "hard to heal"?

Where are you having problems? Maybe we can help you BECAUSE healing is nowhere near hard even in EC HM.

3)

Dont forget that addons would make raids "easier"... which would lead to bioware make the raids more complicatet/harder to balance it out... which would slap everyone in the face who doesn't want to use addons!

That IMHO was a big problem in WOW.

Dont do it here to!

• Dev Post
I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons.

Though we don't have any news about allowing third-party interface addons, we'd definitely be interested to hear what functionality you feel is important to add to the current UI. Others have offered a few suggestions (thanks!), and it's helpful to us if you describe what you think is missing and let us know what we can do to improve the UI!

Configurable click-to-cast on raid and party and unit frames (including self, target, target-of-target, and focus target).

Say I'm a Sage healer and I want to set up Bubble as left click, my HOT as right-click, my channeled heal as shift-right, etc.

I put the mouse over the frame of the thing I want to take the action on and hit the right combination of key + mouse and *bam* it's casted.

This is much more efficient and easier to do than using a click or Function key to target, then another key to cast.

Though we don't have any news about allowing third-party interface addons, we'd definitely be interested to hear what functionality you feel is important to add to the current UI. Others have offered a few suggestions (thanks!), and it's helpful to us if you describe what you think is missing and let us know what we can do to improve the UI!

if you can get a resize on buff/debuff, and filter by debuffs applied by you (try raiding with 4 arsenal bounty hunters, and being able to tell which debuff is yours, when the debuff is tiny, on a boss with 4 rows of debuffs, is tough), and then which debuffs can be dispelled by you, would make a HUGE difference. IMO.

i don't think i'm alone in my personal opinion either.

edit for bullet type for ease of reading:

• Ability to size the buff/debuff INDEPENDENT of the target frame - I don't want the target frame to take up half of the screen to be able to see a debuff clearly
  • ability to MOVE the buffs and debuff independent of each other - example, buffs on top, debuffs on bottom
  • ability to filter out all other debuffs, except those applied by you
  • ability to filter out all other debuffs, except those that can be dispelled by you

Edited by oredith

The Big Three (As far as I'm concerned..)

1. Buff/ Debuff sizing and organization. Even as small as something like removing them from the self/target frames so we can resize them alone.

2. Mouse Over Healing, I would love to see guard go on this list too.

3. Some form of threat indicator. (This is MUCH less of a problem since 1.3.) Even something like healthbars changing colors, I would say we don't need exact numbers. (For Tanking Green=Have threat, Yellow=About to Lose Threat, Red=Lost Threat)

• PVP flag indicator able to be moved from portrait or have it act as a buff.

Also make it clearer as to its state (ie toggled
    off
    but need 5m safe/rest area wait)

• Area type/buff indication (ie Rested XP, Safe - pvp flag reset, etc)
  • Ops frames ToT clicking for tanks.

Basically, the interface still lacks dynamic events like color changing for health, threat indication, etc.

As always, any of these changes should be optional.

What I would like to see is a health % + value and range indicator on the focused target UI. As a healer, I'm always looking at a player, but I also need to know the status of the boss and my distance in some cases.

Buffs and Debuffs (effects!) need to be easier to see, and easier to differetiate between 'good' ones and 'bad' ones.

I primarily play with people who are new to MMO's, and trying to explain the concept of a 'proc' to them, or a buff/debuff has been painful. It's almost impossible to do while in combat, because everyone is focused on killing stuff. I've tried to explain that they need to watch their buff bars and the mobs buff bars to watch for 'effects'. This is frustrating for everyone. In order to make the effect icons large enough to identify them, you have to make the target/player frame huge, which isn't otherwise necessary.

My suggestion: Put the effects on separate frames, similar to the cast bars, and make them independently re-sizable, and allow options to visually identify 'good' effects from 'bad' (perhaps a colored border, etc..).

Where 'add-ons' might come in handy, would be the community providing alternate sets of graphics/icons to be defined on their local client, to make the effects more visually identifiable.

Edited by Vemtaz

Click-to-cast on Unit-Frames.

To reiterate what other have said.

# 1 with a bullet for me is click to cast. I don't need mods in the game as long as you give us the functionality to have a ease of use for healing. Clicking on a portrait then hitting your ability button is slow compared to click to cast. When a healer has the ability to simply bind a set of abilities to their mouse buttons that only work when moused over a portrait or Ops frame you will see a lot of the headaches that healers have currently with the game go away.

Some sort of loss of threat announcement would be useful as well let a tank know if he is loosing threat on a mob since there are no threat meters in the game, simply make a localized announcement that lets the tank know and in that announcement show the player that is ripping the threat from the tank. This would allow two things to happen. One the tank would be cognitive of the situation in advance thus be in the ready for a intercede or another protective measure. Two it would allow the player doing too much threat to back off and let the tank build threat back up.

- Addition of Nightmare Pilgrim lockout

- Removal of the Nightmare Pilgrim debuff that lasts for 5 days.

- Target debuff filters for your debuffs only. dispellable, etc etc etc. All mentioned above.

- Buffs/debuffs able to be separated from the target/self healthbars.