Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Compendium of Changes in 5.5 that need Changing etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Compendium of Changes in 5.5 that need Changing etc.

Verain
10.12.2017 , 01:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by OscarDivine View Post
- Increased passive speed on Strikes and Scouts
What are the new base speed values on scouts and strikes? I can't check right now.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Nasja
10.12.2017 , 03:31 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OscarDivine View Post
- Ion Railgun - Tier 4 Upgrade (RIGHT aka "old splash") Still works as it used to.
This is sooooo sad
Traesha Anasja Secforce'hawk Trashya

Jedi Covenant

Verain
10.12.2017 , 04:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
This is sooooo sad
Why would it be sad that a correctly working talent that wasn't changed works correctly?

Hellhog
10.12.2017 , 05:38 PM | #14
Edit: Nevermind, misread
Ayix - Assassin | Ayiq - Mercenary
Twitch - Aeyix - YouTube
All MM/VM Bosses & Timed Runs Cleared

Nasja
10.13.2017 , 12:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Why would it be sad that a correctly working talent that wasn't changed works correctly?
Because we were always mislead:
Tooltip bug fixed on AoE effect fixing range to its correct 5000m (previously showed 3000m for the effect)

Seriously though, I hate the ion railgun as much as anything and it was definately a reason to leave gsf (and swtor) for me for some time. Now that things got updated and fortunately that stupid ion railgun has been nerfed:

Tier 5: Railgun reduced energy regeneration to 65% (down from 100%)

Good riddance! I hope they'll nerf it a lot more.

Jedi Covenant

Verain
10.13.2017 , 03:33 AM | #16
Because we were always mislead:
I mean, you pretty much knew the range visually. Even if no one ever bothered to test it.

Quote:
Good riddance! I hope they'll nerf it a lot more.
It's not going anywhere as a gun. The T5 right was too strong, too good at peeling enemies who hadn't truly overextended. Now it will still be good at peeling, but probably not too good. Meanwhile, the T5 left, which was not good enough at its job (though still usable) is buffed to be a proper competitor.

The big nerf to ion railgun is that the cooldown on the gun has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds. This thoroughly disrupts using ion taps to drain line-of-sighted targets, and gives a lot more time to respond to an ion railgun shot before the second one lands. Ion railgun definitely got nerfed, and so far it still seems usable and able to do its job.

Nasja
10.13.2017 , 04:57 AM | #17
Thats a good thing, off course I was trolling a bit in my last post. Just hopefully we'll see less gunship walls and a more varied field in the coming months.

Jedi Covenant

OscarDivine
10.13.2017 , 05:44 PM | #18
Thats a good thing, off course I was trolling a bit in my last post. Just hopefully we'll see less gunship walls and a more varied field in the coming months.
I love watching this meta evolve. The new changes are giving a lot of newer pilots tons of confidence and itís all I could ask for
Oscar Obviously
Star Forget - Satele Shan - Darth Malgus