How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

RazerFox

Hi Everyone,

So I just made a Sith Warrior (lvl 12 now) and atm I'm still completely neutral, and I don't want to stay that way... And because I don't like being a total a-hole that enjoys ruinining everyone's day for no reason, I tought of going Light Side.

Now my question is: How "good" Is a Light side Sith?

Is he like a Jedi that wants to save everything in the galaxy with the only difference being that he's on the Imperial side?

Or is he more like an evil character that only does what has to be done to accomplish his goal, and if that means killing people, so be it.

thanks in Advance,

Axxis

it depends on how you want to play it, I guess. If someone's a reasonable and nice person most of the time but channels dark energy by focussing on the rage and anger s/he feels at seeing how unfair and vicious the world around is, would that person be a Light Sith or a Dark Jedi?

In other Star Wars games (single player) and in the lore of the books, going dark side meant you were evil and going light side meant good. How a light side character manages to exist inside the empire would be an interesting story to create and play out. What choices would you make? Would you always choose light side choices or just most of the time? Why?

You could have a lot of fun with that as you create a character to fit your vision of how that person fits within the Empire yet still pursues mostly or even all light side choices.

I might be wrong but wasn't Mara Jade a Lightsider working for the Emperor? From what I've heard (I haven't read the books she's introduced in) she truly believed that working as she was, helping maintain balance and order in the Galaxy, she was doing good work.

Ok im having a real hard time with this as well. Im in a hardcore RP guild on kath hound server, and i play a light side sith sorcerer. Im having a hard time roleplaying a light side sith when my guildees want to be complete arogant a-holes playing darkside (but thats part of thier role), and chastising me for being lightside. Outside of role they seem cool though.

I would love some tips for playing a lightside sith.

My goal was to play a LS Sith Warrior. The concept was some kind of bushido samurai character. I would spare those who I could in debt to my service. In the end, the character concept has evolved into a samurai / knight theme. She is an avenging guardian of the Empire and will do whatever is neccessary for the greater good (from her point of view). Honoring worthy opponents and honoring the fallen are defining traits of my character. However this show of respect doesn't prevent me from cutting down anyone who stands in my way (in true samurai fashion).

All things considered, it's been working out really well. I've run up through most of Dromond Kaas with her. My running force alignment ratio has ended up at around 80% Light Side pt choices and 20% Dark Side pt choices. The character concept has been very interesting to play and my LS alignment has great synergy for gaining +Affection faction with Vette.

Edited by Roda

Ok im having a real hard time with this as well. Im in a hardcore RP guild on kath hound server, and i play a light side sith sorcerer. Im having a hard time roleplaying a light side sith when my guildees want to be complete arogant a-holes playing darkside (but thats part of thier role), and chastising me for being lightside. Outside of role they seem cool though.

I would love some tips for playing a lightside sith.

I suggest you determine WHY your Sith is Light. What is it about his/her personal philosophy that aligns to Light? A surprisingly soft heart? Take the moral high ground and claim that your fellows might want to give both the Jedi and the Imperial people more reason to hate the Sith and eventually overthrow them, but s/he'd rather not, thanks.

Does s/he not really care about people's lives, but simply believes it's not necessary? Just shake your head when others do Dark Side things and claim (if you speak up at all) that they're wasting perfectly good energy that they could be spending on more constructive matters.

The more arrogant they get, counter it with your own self-assuredness. If they truly cared about obtaining power they wouldn't be wasting it on killing people with little to no chance of putting up a fight, would they?

Sith can have honour. There's no honour in killing plebs who don't have a chance of standing up to you. Subtly imply that your fellows reveal their weaknesses when they prey upon the weak instead of saving their energy for the powerful fights.

I suggest you determine WHY your Sith is Light. What is it about his/her personal philosophy that aligns to Light? A surprisingly soft heart? Take the moral high ground and claim that your fellows might want to give both the Jedi and the Imperial people more reason to hate the Sith and eventually overthrow them, but s/he'd rather not, thanks.

Does s/he not really care about people's lives, but simply believes it's not necessary? Just shake your head when others do Dark Side things and claim (if you speak up at all) that they're wasting perfectly good energy that they could be spending on more constructive matters.

The more arrogant they get, counter it with your own self-assuredness. If they truly cared about obtaining power they wouldn't be wasting it on killing people with little to no chance of putting up a fight, would they?

Sith can have honour. There's no honour in killing plebs who don't have a chance of standing up to you. Subtly imply that your fellows reveal their weaknesses when they prey upon the weak instead of saving their energy for the powerful fights.

Thanks. Totally gives me a direction for my sorcerer. My character believes in the sith code but he doesnt believe that innocents should die for stupid reasons that could be altered in a different path. He believes that the empire will bring peace to the galaxy, and the republic disturbs the balance and peace within the galaxy.

You gave me some great ideas for him.

I might be wrong but wasn't Mara Jade a Lightsider working for the Emperor? From what I've heard (I haven't read the books she's introduced in) she truly believed that working as she was, helping maintain balance and order in the Galaxy, she was doing good work.

Big EU fan here so maybe i can help a bit. Mara was kinda similar to this whole LS Sith thing, shes was Sidious' "Emperors Hand" and was a hybrid Imperial agent and Sith assasin. BUT she was not sith, however she did use the dark side while under Sidious control.

SPOILER ALERT Currently Im reading Allegiance and Mara is tearing **** up but she makes light side choices, like to save this pirate dude who helped her when she was infiltrating the pirates main base, not only did she help save him but when he did end up dying she honored his dying wishes for his body to be sent into space, while not taking too long because she revers the emperor as GOD himself and he takes no time to respect the dead and holds contempt for those who do.

She does however end up being turned into a very powerful Jedi Master by none other than Luke, proceeds to marry him and give birth to Luke's only son Ben skywalker who is awesome.

But she did use the dark side first, and then later was introduced to light. She becomes pretty kick ***, first trained in the dark side by Sidious (arguably the strongest sith lord ever) and then married and became a Jedi master under Luke (arguably the strongest Jedi ever).

I've got a light V sith warrior and I love her. She seems to have a different view of the way sith are supposed to behave.

She's very paladin-like - she adores the empire but thinks it has a better chance of winning the war against the republic by acting honorably. She never quite follows her orders to the letter but it usually works out in everyone's favor. She also thinks the jedi code is absurd and prefers the passionate ways of the dark side (even though she herself is light, and knows it.) *shrug* She's my favorite character in the game so far.

A light sith inquisitor, on the other hand - I never quite grasped it. I was joking around with my husband and I said something like "There are more paths to the dark side than hate! *wink wink* But that concept, doesn't really seem fleshed out in this game, as much as I would like it to be. In other words, I would love to play a very hedonistic, but not necessarily violent, sith sorceror but trying to play an inq in the game who acts in any way other than a murderous psychopath does not seem to be viable.

Edited by grania

I have an Assassin who is Dark III at the moment and Light I. I just pick the choices that seem like something I would do without really looking at the points it will give you. If someone betrays me and I get the opportunity to pay them back I will, if someone helps me out I won't kill them just to get Dark side points. Play the story how you want, in the end i'm sure there is going to be a way to "make up" the points you've lost.

on a side note I also try to hook up with as many chicks as I can ;)

does your appearance change when you get more to the light side? I know it does when you fo dark side...

Nothing about your appearance changes when you are light, which is okay, because I get tired of turning off corruption on my dark characters. x)

Well, I'm up to level 42 as a lightside sith warrior , light IV currently, and I think its great.

It adds a real twist to the story (and makes the Jaesa story much more interesting in my view) , not to mention all the incredulous 'you spared the jedi!' type things from the likes of Baras and local empire officers, which you always get to explain away as being good for the empire overall.

Plus, by the time you get to belsavis , the idea that empire = evil and republic = good is very much long gone , theres just shades of grey, lightside sith do the best for their shade but use compassion where they can.

I'd have to say that the essential difference between Jedi and Sith is best equated to D&D terms. Jedi are Lawful and Sith are Chaotic. A Dark Side Jedi is Lawful Evil, and a good Sith is Chaotic Good.

Following the path of the Jedi means abandoning emotional attachments. Basically by removing emotion you keep a clear head and can address things in a more universal way for the greater good. Sith embrace emotion so they tend to be more selfish and think more central to themselves. Not others.

I'd definately say a Dark Side Jedi is much more evil than a Light Side Sith.

A light side sith would just do what's best for the Sith Empire on the whole. He or she could still be bad, but they just wouldn't kill without a purpose.

^ This.

My Jugg is Dark overall, because he has no compunctions about executing an enemy or incompetant officer - but he's got a fair number of Light side points as well because I've been going with the "Better for the Empire as a whole" route - as in, if someone can be an asset, I'll spare/capture them, rather than killing them outright.

Light/Dark in this game pretends to be nuanced but it really is just the usual "Killing people = bad, not killing people = good", even if "not killing people" = "imprisoning & torturing for the remainder of their lives" (but *I* didn't KILL them, so it's cool). That being said, there are a lot of "Well I beat you but I'll let you live since you fought with honor" choices, those can go to hell.

Edited by Houtoku

My Jugg is Dark overall, because he has no compunctions about executing an enemy or incompetant officer - but he's got a fair number of Light side points as well because I've been going with the "Better for the Empire as a whole" route - as in, if someone can be an asset, I'll spare/capture them, rather than killing them outright.

Same with my SW. If I have to deal with Republic soldiers and given the option to kill or spare them, if their lives cannot be used to gain an advantage ( like a particular Nar Shadaa class-quest) then they get eliminated from the equation.... permanently. But at the same time, killing without reason also isn't in him. So I'm happily approaching Light IV.

Knightly is probably a better way to think of it. To be honest Bushido leaves very little room for mercy. When you went into a battle as a Samurai, the way of Bushido was with acceptance that your life could/would end. A big part of Bushido is simply accepting death as a fact and not fearing it. Surrender was considered shameful, as was running away. Sparing an enemy that you defeated would be an insult in Bushido, as you are denying them an honorable death. They would return to their lord in shame and likely be ordered to kill themselves.

That said. I have found playing a Lightside Sith Warrior to be enjoyable. I view it more as being a Knight of the Empire. My character upholds the Empires laws, strikes down the enemies of the Empire, but she is also not one that kills people at random. Alot of the Darkside choices really boil down to 'kill this person for mostly no reason' as opposed to 'arrest them for torture and later execution. In that regard, I mostly consider playing a Lightside Sith Warrior as playing 'Lawful Evil'. You are 'evil', but you operate within the bounds of a personal code of honor/laws. My Sith Warrior does not take it into her own hands to execute people, she arrests them and lets the Imperial Justice system run its course. There were a few Darkside choices that I made, but I have made overwhelmingly lightside choices through my course.

• 2 years later...
im thinking of creating a light side sith just wanted to know if theres anyway i can make him as jedi as posible like either an undercover jedi or a good sith that wont to damage to the hedi or republic and mostly to the sith an could later join up to the jedi with my good compainions like vette and jeasa need some advise thank in advance