Buff Operatives

lordkhouri

I would love if Operative concealment spec got a buff. I don't even play the spec, but I think the game is better where every class has some kind of role in pvp and not just as a healer. Sure, they can do good damage in a regular warzones, but most ranked teams won't take dps operatives because they don't bring anything unique or special to the team.

My suggestion is to make them the counter to hybrid healing sorcs that have a stun bubble by giving operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or 'Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.

What do you think??

That suggestion would just make nublets crai even moar about how resolve is broken and they couldn't even stun a target with any resolve!

As it is, vengeance juggs and vigilance guardians already have a similar ability which they can use even more frequently.

Yeah... I don't see many dps operatives anymore, but the ones that I do faceroll anyone in 1v1 combat. As a maruader, in optimized WH I might add, if one comes up behind me there is barely anything I can do against it. Especially if they have the stun break ready. If I have my AOE stun up I might be able to escape etc, but other wise im stunlocked the entire time before I die.

If we were to apply your suggestion to other classes, marauders should get a CC immunity for 3 seconds after a force leap. Which we all know would be insanely overpowered.

For rwz I am afraid that you cannot fix things with a mere buff or even single class overhaul. Its a big can of worms here. I could say that snipers are nit very popular in rwz either.

For normal wz concealment is very decent. It fulfills its role perfectly. The speed buff was a very nice addition. Its still one of the best class to defend and ninja caps. I really enjoy beating stealth asassins at their own game. Its amazing.

Yeah... I don't see many dps operatives anymore, but the ones that I do faceroll anyone in 1v1 combat. As a maruader, in optimized WH I might add, if one comes up behind me there is barely anything I can do against it. Especially if they have the stun break ready. If I have my AOE stun up I might be able to escape etc, but other wise im stunlocked the entire time before I die.

If we were to apply your suggestion to other classes, marauders should get a CC immunity for 3 seconds after a force leap. Which we all know would be insanely overpowered.

Marauders don't need CC immunity because they're fine the way they are and very viable for RWZ. As are every other class except DPS Merc and DPS Operative.

I would love if Operative concealment spec got a buff. I don't even play the spec, but I think the game is better where every class has some kind of role in pvp and not just as a healer. Sure, they can do good damage in a regular warzones, but most ranked teams won't take dps operatives because they don't bring anything unique or special to the team.

My suggestion is to make them the counter to hybrid healing sorcs that have a stun bubble by giving operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or 'Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.

What do you think??

Your asking for a buff just to get into ranked Ranked WZs? Don't think so.

Edited by Ramtar

This IS the PvP forums so of course most here are PvP minded.

And right now Operative DPS is NOT viable for rated war zones.

The ultimate goal would be to have ALL trees viable for competitive PvP... right?

Edited by UGLYMRJ

This IS the PvP forums so of course most here are PvP minded.

And right now Operative DPS is NOT viable for rated war zones.

The ultimate goal would be to have ALL trees viable for competitive PvP... right?

that would be far too much to ask for, id settle for atleast one tree of each class viable for RWZs, operatives have the healing tree, man even WoW doesnt have all trees viable for pvp and its been out for YEARS

I'm mostly fine with my scrapper at the moment. I play a Infiltration shadow that's equally geared and i would say that scoundrels aren't very far behind at all. Maybe give us a finisher and some way to reset the cd on backblast. Give suckerpunch criticals a 50% chance to reset the cd maybe?.

As far as Dirty fighting is concerned i think all that tree needs is another way to generate stacks of upper hand.

Bleed criticals have a 30% chance to generate 1 stack of upper hand, this effect cannot occur more than ever 8seconds.

I think that would be acceptable, thoughts?

Have you *been* in rated warzones? Because.. there are not very many dps operatives there. Anything a dps operative can do a dps assassin can do better.

Here is what I would like:

* AoE Taunt Immunity while Stealthed

* Less energy intensive across the board

* Harder hitting collateral damage

You get a CD proc every 10 seconds, right? Meanwhile, railshot can get reset every 6 seconds for PT's and hits twice as hard.

Edited by RyanReagan

What do you think??

The counter to those sorcs are vigilance guardians.. but they all went smasher :p

Giv[e] operatives and scoundrels 3 seconds of CC immunity after 'Hidden Strike' or Shoot First'. That would give them the ability to actually have some burst and sustain some damage before dying.

What do you think??

I think this is the worst Operative buff idea I've read, I'm sorry. I don't want to be mean.

Look, the problem with Operatives is that people HATE getting hit by them from stealth when there is almost no chance to fight back before 75% of your hp vanishes. And Operatives HATE how long it takes to restealth to do it all over again, since they have poor sustained damage in the meantime.

Your suggestion relies on the very thing that Operatives are complaining about - getting back into stealth - and buffs the very thing that other classes are complaining about - Operatives having too large of an advantage when they jump you from stealth which you couldn't prevent.

What is actually needed is for Operatives to be able to stealth more easily but do less burst from stealth, and have a little more sustained damage.

I think this is the worst Operative buff idea I've read, I'm sorry. I don't want to be mean.

Look, the problem with Operatives is that people HATE getting hit by them from stealth when there is almost no chance to fight back before 75% of your hp vanishes. And Operatives HATE how long it takes to restealth to do it all over again, since they have poor sustained damage in the meantime.

Your suggestion relies on the very thing that Operatives are complaining about - getting back into stealth - and buffs the very thing that other classes are complaining about - Operatives having too large of an advantage when they jump you from stealth which you couldn't prevent.

What is actually needed is for Operatives to be able to stealth more easily but do less burst from stealth, and have a little more sustained damage.

A burst from stealth is fine but remove the stun effect add an easier way for the OP to stealth, slight buff to energy management. Done.

Operatives cannot beat tanks (which defend nodes or doors) and they are absolutely useless in any zerg fights where plenty healers on both sides.

If operative meet somebody 1 vs 1 on wz it is clear what that somebody doing something wrong.

All, what can do operatives, sins doing much more better. As dps, they are absolutely crap compared with any other class except probably mercs.

Operatives cannot beat tanks (which defend nodes or doors) and they are absolutely useless in any zerg fights where plenty healers on both sides.

If operative meet somebody 1 vs 1 on wz it is clear what that somebody doing something wrong.

All, what can do operatives, sins doing much more better. As dps, they are absolutely crap compared with any other class except probably mercs.

that's all incorrect

If operatives do warrant a buff (I'm on the fence about it right now), it could be a couple things (but not all of these),

1. AOE damage reduction passive skill

2. Increased energy regain entering/leaving stealth.

3. Increase TA granted from Shiv to 2

4. Increase max TA for DPS to 3 with longer retention duration

5. Increase effectiveness of Toxic scan for all trees

For those that don't play operative DPS, the most used attack (lacerate) requires two "energy" sources to use. Tactical advantage and energy. Base classes (and their ACs) Inquisitor/BH/Warrior and even the other AC of the Agent base class (sniper) have single energy mechanics.