Strike Night on JC Tuesday May 16

Venlac

On behalf of the shadow guild Self-Inflicted, we would like to invite any and all players to a casual Strike Night on JC this coming Tuesday, May 16th starting at 9pm EST!

The rules are simple:

fly any strike fighter you wish in any configuration

no other ships allowed if you wish to participate

Have fun!

We hope to promote different flight nights throughout the summer. So, come on out, hop in that strike you would never pull out in a serious match and have some fun!

If anyone has any suggestions for a flight night that they would like to see please let me know.

Edited by Venlac

On behalf of the shadow guild Self-Inflicted, we would like to invite any and all players to a casual Strike Night on JC this coming Tuesday, May 16th starting at 9pm EST!

The rules are simple:

fly any strike fighter you wish in any configuration

no other ships allowed if you wish to participate

Have fun!

We hope to promote different flight nights throughout the summer. So, come on out, hop in that strike you would never pull out in a serious match and have some fun!

If anyone has any suggestions for a flight night that they would like to see please let me know.

Should I avoid this, then, if I would pull out nothing but a T1 in a serious match? I love strikes but I'd hate to intrude.

FYI, there will be prizes as well: a raffle for participants who stick to strikes. Still working out what those prizes will be, but at minimum, some GSF cosmetic items, and possibly a ship.

Should I avoid this, then, if I would pull out nothing but a T1 in a serious match? I love strikes but I'd hate to intrude.

Absolutely do not avoid. Please join us. Show us how to use the T1 (and no, I'm not being facetious).

FYI, there will be prizes as well: a raffle for participants who stick to strikes. Still working out what those prizes will be, but at minimum, some GSF cosmetic items, and possibly a ship.

Absolutely do not avoid. Please join us. Show us how to use the T1 (and no, I'm not being facetious).

Here's how! Oh wait, you're in this one, Zuck :D

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/61245863

lol, you really need to get over yourself dude, no one's impressed. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, great idea. It's been a while since the last strike night. Sadly I'll be working that night, but I'll hopefully make the next one. I do love the opportunity to dust off the old pike. Of course my favourite looking ship in the game also has to be the worst ship in the game. :p

Even though the OP was pretty clear, a minor clarification for anyone wondering: the event is intended to include true strike fighters only (T1, T2, T3, cartel). On Discord, some folks asked about the viability of other "strike-like" vessels, i.e. T3 bomber (perhaps without mines) or T3 GS (sans rail).

We are going for 100% pure, unadulterated strikiness here.

lol, you really need to get over yourself dude, no one's impressed. :rolleyes:

Back on topic, great idea. It's been a while since the last strike night. Sadly I'll be working that night, but I'll hopefully make the next one. I do love the opportunity to dust off the old pike. Of course my favourite looking ship in the game also has to be the worst ship in the game. :p

Oh, yes, I remember you. My sincerest apologies - that match appears to have deeply upset you. I sincerely hope you are able to heal from it.

Anytime you'd like a rematch. ;)

One more question: I don't have anything to bring now, but back in the day I was very happy to help supply prizes for raffles for these kinds of things. Are such gestures still accepted?

I prefer to purchase and donate those one-item GSF-themed packs. I love those. :)

Oh, yes, I remember you. My sincerest apologies - that match appears to have deeply upset you. I sincerely hope you are able to heal from it.

Anytime you'd like a rematch. ;)

Not at all :) You win some, you lose some, that's far from the only match I've lost due to being stuck on a team that didn't know what it was doing. Loses in general really don't bother me to be honest. I do find it both sad and hilarious though that you felt it necessary to switch factions afterwards and whisper me to brag about the fact that you wrecked a team full of noobs with your T1 strike, as if that were some big accomplishment lol.

As I said, I really don't care. Your sense of self importance clearly comes from your own issues, and is none of my business. Try to keep in mind though that this is a computer game.

In any case, let's not hijack another thread to argue about whose ego has been threatened. Appologies to the OP for getting off topic. :)

One more question: I don't have anything to bring now, but back in the day I was very happy to help supply prizes for raffles for these kinds of things. Are such gestures still accepted?

I prefer to purchase and donate those one-item GSF-themed packs. I love those. :)

Prize donations would be appreciated and accepted, but certainly aren't necessary. Between all the Self-Inflicted folks running the event, we have plenty of GSF items available for the raffle. We do plan on arranging more theme nights (because people do seem to enjoy them), so if you wish, you will certainly have the opportunity to offer a donation in the future.

Reminder: this is tonight. Strike early, strike often.

Also a note about raffle prizes: in an effort to maximize strikification, we will be offering strike-themed prizes. Grand prize is a gladiator. Or, the winner may instead select an award of 10M credits...in case he/she 1) already has a gladiator, or 2) finds the ship design nauseating.

Secondary prizes include an array of strike paint jobs, color modules, engine reactants, and gas canisters.

Many thanks to everyone who came out last night. It was a striking demonstration of strike fighter solidarity. Personal highlight for me was a nutty Denon that we (the imps) lost 929-930. Aside from a lonely T1 scout and one perplexed bomber, everyone else adhered to Strike Night rules. It was strikenificent.

Congrats to our raffle winners: a'sokaa, who drew the grand prize, chose the Gladiator over the credits. Which, indeed, was the right call. Secondary prize winners were renalli, senhor careca, lompi-srw, and insyyghtful. All winners have been contacted in game. Please reach out to me (via any of the names in my sig) if you haven't received your prize yet.

We plan to sponsor another event within the next few weeks, and then throughout the summer. If you have any suggestions for theme nights, let me know.