Marauder strong point

YoungDro

1v1, healer disruption and killing, several times in huttball ive managed to keep 4 members of the opposing team busy with my defensive cool downs just long enough for my team to score. We make really good ball carriers to. A person who knows how to play their marauder can excel in several areas.

1v1, healer disruption and killing, several times in huttball ive managed to keep 4 members of the opposing team busy with my defensive cool downs just long enough for my team to score. We make really good ball carriers to. A person who knows how to play their marauder can excel in several areas.

why would anyone wanna be good 1v1 in a team game.

any class can disrupt a healer

any class can kill just as fast or faster then a marauder

so basically they just soak up dmg when their cooldowns are up?

Assuming you're talking about the class as a whole and not just pvp, I have yet to see a class that can do better against an eltie/champion single target in the game. The class destroys single targets.

1. there's a lot of 1v1 in world pvp and even a good bit in warzones

2. not any class (commando/merc has no interrupts) and none as well as marauder (6s interrupt)

3. negative, marauders are the top 1v1 class currently when played right

4. they have probably the best defenses you can get when they're all available, undying rage is absolutely insane

1. there's a lot of 1v1 in world pvp and even a good bit in warzones

2. not any class (commando/merc has no interrupts) and none as well as marauder (6s interrupt)

3. negative, marauders are the top 1v1 class currently when played right

4. they have probably the best defenses you can get when they're all available, undying rage is absolutely insane

1. If you're 1v1ing in a WZ 80% of the time ur prolly somewhere where you dont need to be. commando/merc don't need interrupts they have stuns and knock backs and their dmg output alone get silence a healer.

4. So you can soak up alot of dmg and delay your inevitable death by 5 secs.

1. If you're 1v1ing in a WZ 80% of the time ur prolly somewhere where you dont need to be. commando/merc don't need interrupts they have stuns and knock backs and their dmg output alone get silence a healer.

4. So you can soak up alot of dmg and delay your inevitable death by 5 secs.

So did you just come here to troll or were you actually looking for answers?

he must be trolling because the marauder can kill people fast enough that meny fights seem to be 1v1. the pure dps output is fantastic. the defensive CDs are also great.

i would have to agree that they are best at picking out a squishy target sage/sorc and killing them fast.

its funny when people talk bad about 1v1 in a WZ considering many classes are built around taking out key targets quick such as

operatives

assassins

marauders

etc

they are all the kind of dps that picks a target and destroys them while 2 stealth to kill them we jump from the other side of the map and butcher them.

he must be trolling because the marauder can kill people fast enough that meny fights seem to be 1v1. the pure dps output is fantastic. the defensive CDs are also great.

i would have to agree that they are best at picking out a squishy target sage/sorc and killing them fast.

its funny when people talk bad about 1v1 in a WZ considering many classes are built around taking out key targets quick such as

operatives

assassins

marauders

etc

they are all the kind of dps that picks a target and destroys them while 2 stealth to kill them we jump from the other side of the map and butcher them.

marauders can kill fast but any dps spec class can kill anyone fast.

no one seems to be comparing marauders to other classes tho that do everything marauders can do but better.

Id have to say snipers are the best at picking out squishy targets, the dps output is nowhere near a sorc or a sniper or a merc

u compare marauders to ops and assasins to taking down targets quick? marauders are at the bottom of the chain in that category. ops and assassins can rip through people waay quicker.

Edited by YoungDro

no one seems to be comparing marauders to other classes tho that do everything marauders can do but better.

Id have to say snipers are the best at picking out squishy targets, the dps output is nowhere near a sorc or a sniper or a merc

u compare marauders to ops and assasins to taking down targets quick? marauders are at the bottom of the chain in that category. ops and assassins can rip through people waay quicker.

The marauder/sentinel DoTs ignore armor which is useful when taking down a tank.

The force kick interrupt stops a skill for 4 seconds and if specced correctly has a 6 sec. cd which can stop most healers.

The class also has 4 defensive skills each running at a 1-2minute cd each and last for a long time.

Why are you comparing the classes by the average dps, this class requires someone who is willing to adapt and change their style to better fit a team.

The marauder/sentinel DoTs ignore armor which is useful when taking down a tank.

The force kick interrupt stops a skill for 4 seconds and if specced correctly has a 6 sec. cd which can stop most healers.

The class also has 4 defensive skills each running at a 1-2minute cd each and last for a long time.

Why are you comparing the classes by the average dps, this class requires someone who is willing to adapt and change their style to better fit a team.

most classes have in interrupt, and the interrrupt only stops the spell they were trying to cast. all healers have multiple sources of heals.

ok so we have 4 defensive skills. does that mean our purpose is to take dmg or soak up dmg? any tank class can do it better ie guard/taunt.

you need to change ur playstyle depending on the team for any class. this isnt marauder specific.

So when those clueless BH's and sorc's are standing up on the ledge in huttball spamming away not paying attention to the side and I run up and melt them before they can react....that doesn't help my team in huttball?

Any class may be able to disrupt a healer, but how many can keep constant pressure on them and kill them 1v1.

If any class can kill just as fast or faster, then once again how come I melt people like you before you even knock out 10% of my health. If you can kill as fast as me, then how about you do it already instead of letting me laugh at your corpse.

They cant rip through a marauder. Just keep tracer spamming, come at me bro.

Any class can pressure a healer but none can do it as good as marauder (aka virtually shut the healer down completely with 6s kick and melee charge).

Any class can kill fast 1v1 when played correctly but none can do it as fast as marauder (berserk, 3 stack saber, rupture, annihilate and half hp is gone, pop frenzy, repeat and you have a corpse in 5-6 gcds)

I've yet to meet an enemy that can withstand me once I close distance. Powertechs and Assassins can get tough but they go down the same. Seriously, once you get a jump and noone comes to help your target, he chokes on dirt.

Edited by gibmachine

Oh, so you had an agenda? You asked, he answered. I guess the answer you were looking for was "there are none, we suck". Unreal.

Strong point:You stick to your target like a tick and nuke him to death if your not a noob you can time your cooldowns to survive long enough and deal loads of damage.

Weak point: You cant stick to your target like a tick , you get nuked to death , constantly kocked snared , cced.If your a noob you cant time your cooldowns to survive and you deal crappy damage.

Edited by kijthae

most classes have in interrupt, and the interrrupt only stops the spell they were trying to cast. all healers have multiple sources of heals.

ok so we have 4 defensive skills. does that mean our purpose is to take dmg or soak up dmg? any tank class can do it better ie guard/taunt.

you need to change ur playstyle depending on the team for any class. this isnt marauder specific.

Mate people are giving you valid reasons and answers to your questions and you are giving blanket responses. You could ask "What's so special about a BH" others can do it better and I can do the same thing you are and sit on the 'Yeah but but but nah' response.

Either stop trolling or start accepting some of the answers you are given, if you don't like the answers or argue with them all you obviously aren't a Marauder, don't want to roll one or get rolled by them so much you need to pull your suspenders up.

Mara's are the Lambos of SWTOR. Very powerful and can send you crashing to your doom if you dont know what you are doing.

1. Abilities that can buff the whole team. Predation boost at the start of a hutball game gives an edge. Predation buff to a Jugg or Assassin allows them to zoom through fire pits to good scores.

2. In Ilum using the group damage buff makes a big difference in pouring out ops dps. I've seen pub formations crumble after I do the buff and BH and Sorcs go to town with their AOE's.

3. When Beserk is up Maras are very very tough. Its like having a defensive abilitiy fired up. The heals getting thrown out to the team make a difference in scenarios like doors and turrets. When you fire up rupture, annihilation, and deadly saber with the auto crit you can throw out a decent chunk of healing...while DPSing like crazy.

4. On 8 man teams a mara can take out a healer. Healers only survive against Maras by self healing and they eventually die. The team of the healer loses the benefit. If a healer ignores me while I'm on their *** they are dead fast.

5. Again with Berserk. When you pop your adrenals, relics, and time it with beserk...you can just chew any class to bits. Granted you need the good gear to fully realize this.

6. Maras have many tools. So many situations that Mara's can answer. I've held a door and turret as long as juggs while actually killing something as reinforcements come.

7. In Ilum you can rush a mob from one side to the other when predation is up. Run in, kill, run out. Faster than a jugg.

8. You sneer too quickly at undying rage. So many fights have two or three characters down to slivers of points. I've had 2 to 3 dudes on me as damaged. I pop my undying rage and berserk...I stay alive...aoe...they die. It all comes down to using excellent tools at the right time.

9. Camo. Can break a lock on you. Pop heal, adrenal, relic, berserk...bang agent/scoundrel is dead. Camo with predation and you are out of the fight and the other guy has a hard time catching up. Camo is one of the deadliest tools of a mara. Often its about getting the jump on the other guy. Camo is the answer to turn the tide on an ambush.

Like most lambo supercars its not forgiving to mistakes. Plenty of supercars easier to handle. But really...if your that dude in a lambo and can actually drive it...yeah...its a lambo. For a long time I thought people who would say Mara's are OP were nuts. Then I learned to play my class. I dont think mara's are OP but they sure can pull off some game changing moves. Just sayin