In 2.0 diminishing returns on Crit after 20% but smash still autocrits

NathanielStarr

Nah just remove autocrit from the game. Give those classes recklessness and there will be balance. PVE? I don't give a crap about PVE.

Well yeah no one needs an autocrit. We should have to carefully pick and choose how we do our gear and weigh the trade offs.

But really if smash belonged to a squishy class (don't even try to say warriors and knights are squishy) then maybe it would make some sense. But those are the favorite classes to the designers apparently, so they are tanks with the highest damage in the game.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was on the PTS today and critical chance really drops off after 20% now. I think it's fine, BUT smash still autocrits. I know a couple of other classes have some autocrit abilities, but nothing nearly as damaging as smash.

What do you think about this? I know smash got a small nerf in damage, but still most smashers have around 82% surge or more.

Smash got a small nerf but they also got several buffs to make up for it.

In exchange, they also nerfed crit to make sure other classes still couldn't keep up with autocrits on smash. Oh wait, that's a smash buff.

Here's looking forward to another smash-infested rated meta. At least they got rid of bubblestun. Oh wait, that's another smash buff.

Damn.

Edited by JP_Legatus

smash is the easiest thing in game to counter. even more so now in 2.0. cure the force crush = they do no damage. taunt before they smash. sniper bubble. intercede or other damage reduction before there smash. Really isnt that hard and is so predictable.

smash is the easiest thing in game to counter. even more so now in 2.0. cure the force crush = they do no damage. taunt before they smash. sniper bubble. intercede or other damage reduction before there smash. Really isnt that hard and is so predictable.

If only dispel was out of GCD :D

There is nothing complicated about playing a sniper...There is nothing complicated about ANY of the classes. I'd say you don't see very many snipers because the class itself is extremely boring, especially if you play marksmen. Your rotation is literally 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3. It's so braindead and it will be even more brain dead in 2.0.

Wow... I don't think I have disagreed more with what you just said of all the forum posts I've read. Sniper a 3-button class?

We're definitely not playing the same class... Sniper (even Marksman) I a class full of resource and strategy. Only the bad ones rotate 3 buttons. I don't consider myself that good with my gunslinger, but definitely, it is probably the deadliest class in the right hands.

No one plays them because it's so hard to play them at such a high level.

Wow... I don't think I have disagreed more with what you just said of all the forum posts I've read. Sniper a 3-button class?

We're definitely not playing the same class... Sniper (even Marksman) I a class full of resource and strategy. Only the bad ones rotate 3 buttons. I don't consider myself that good with my gunslinger, but definitely, it is probably the deadliest class in the right hands.

No one plays them because it's so hard to play them at such a high level.

Every class and spec can be sort of effective using only 2 to 5 buttons.

A MM sniper can play using only ambush, snipe, followthrough, series of shots and takedown.

A Rage Juggernaut can play using only charge, force crush, smash, assault and force scream.

A Pyrotech Powertech can play using only flame burst, thermal detonator, rocket punch, railshot and rapid shots.

A Arsenal /merc can play using only tracer missile, heatseeker missile, unload and railshot.

A Madness Sorcerer can play using only force lightning and crushing darkness.

etc..etc..

Every class then has a lot more abilities that are more situational and require more tactical use. But at the core, every class is very simple to play.

Edited by LordExozone

-With 2nd Relic, for double power proc amazingness.

Huh, are the relic of serendipitous assault procs double stacking? Or two proccing twice as much as one?

I've been running with one, and a relic of the kinetic tempest on the assumption (heh) that they don't stack.

Edited by Jherad

I'm trying to explain that while people will pick the cheapest, most easy class to play that requires very little player imput to pump out massive damage.

Thats obviously pyro pt, not smash. Like everyone would play a lightsaber holding toon, if it werent that easy to perform well with this pyrocrap

After some tests I made on the pts, I don't understand people still complaining about smash damages. Ok smash still autocrits, but when you compare its damages with the rise in health points, healing and tank stats, in fact it has been nerfed a lot (6 k average hit against 20 K health vs 7 K average hit against 30 k+ health). You have to compare the numbers one to each other not just the flat numbers in comparison to what it is on live at the moment.

My opinion is that in a "resilience vs burst damage deal" scenario, resilience is far more powerful in 2.0 than it is currently on live.

I expect This will cause a lot of smashers to move from their currently fotm dps class to a tank/healer combo which will be unbreakable. Guys prepare to meet unkillable players from premade teams healing one each other and taunting you to lower your dps to the bottom. At the moment, on live good teams already know how to negate/mitigate smash damages ; with 2.0 smashes will barely scratch them. And outside of smash, rage speced jugg/mara don't have so wonderful dps.

The problem won't be AOE burst damages anymore but overall resilience and healing. And this is exactly the kind of situation which tends to favor sustained damages over burst damages. If your burst isn't high enough to down your opponent quickly, then it tends to become useless in comparison to total overall sustained damages. That is what I think. And now my fear is that lowering crit and surge ratings in 2.0 will cause dps classes to get the shaft in comparison to tank/healer combination (too much of a nerf to overall dps). That could also get the unbalance between pugs and premades a lot worse since we all know premades are already far better in team play, tank/healer coordination and focus fire than pugs.

May be soon, a time when you guys will have something else to complain about than smash...

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

After some tests I made on the pts, I don't understand people still complaining about smash damages. Ok smash still autocrits, but when you compare its damages with the rise in health points, healing and tank stats, in fact it has been nerfed a lot (6 k average hit against 20 K health vs 7 K average hit against 30 k+ health). You have to compare the numbers one to each other not just the flat numbers in comparison to what it is on live at the moment.

My opinion is that in a "resilience vs burst damage deal" scenario, resilience is far more powerful in 2.0 than it is currently on live.

I expect This will cause a lot of smashers to move from their currently fotm dps class to a tank/healer combo which will be unbreakable. Guys prepare to meet unkillable players from premade teams healing one each other and taunting you to lower your dps to the bottom. At the moment, on live good teams already know how to negate/mitigate smash damages ; with 2.0 smashes will barely scratch them. And outside of smash, rage speced jugg/mara don't have so wonderful dps.

The problem won't be AOE burst damages anymore but overall resilience and healing. And this is exactly the kind of situation which tends to favor sustained damages over burst damages. If your burst isn't high enough to down your opponent quickly, then it tends to become useless in comparison to total overall sustained damages. That is what I think. And now my fear is that lowering crit and surge ratings in 2.0 will cause dps classes to get the shaft in comparison to tank/healer combination (too much of a nerf to overall dps). That could also get the unbalance between pugs and premades a lot worse since we all know premades are already far better in team play, tank/healer coordination and focus fire than pugs.

May be soon, a time when you guys will have something else to complain about than smash...

What about the fact that other classes damage is reduced by this crit change?

If you read the whole post you can see what I think about it :

And now my fear is that lowering crit and surge ratings in 2.0 will cause dps classes to get the shaft in comparison to tank/healer combination (too much of a nerf to overall dps). That could also get the unbalance between pugs and premades a lot worse since we all know premades are already far better in team play, tank/healer coordination and focus fire than pugs. .

There is a possibility that dps toons being smash specialized or not could be totally impotent facing a good team with tanks and healer working as a group. Smash could become a minor genuine threat. Focus firing will be more much more important than random pug smasher dealing AOE burst. Smash is already not the best dps spec for Rated warzone anyway. And as a dps concealment operative, smashers are among the easiest targets to bring down

Edited by SIDIOUSFAN

you should do some more research because not all DPS specs have a autocrit. some DPS specs dont even have any passive skills that boost their base critrate.

critrate DR change affects some DPS specs far more than other DPS specs.

Lighting Sorcs. With affection on target TB will Auto Crit.

Snipers Laze Target 100% Crit on next Snipe

I can not say what the PT or Merc have, as I have not played one yet, but I would assume they would have something too.