Huttball

NewMhyst

Dear Bioware,

nobody wants to play crappy Huttball. I would rather scratch my eyes out.:mad:

Got 6 Huttball Warzones in a row... absolute BS. Pls fix your Warzone Queue!:o

Yeah, agreed. I do like huttball, but the overall pop ratio needs to be tuned down. It's understandable that because of more huttballs we see more of them pop, but it has to be feasible to lower the rate on some global level.

Yeah, agreed. I do like huttball, but the overall pop ratio needs to be tuned down. It's understandable that because of more huttballs we see more of them pop, but it has to be feasible to lower the rate on some global level.

It pops so often because they removed arenas from rotation and considering that we have 3 hball maps the odds of getting one are quite high despite having a normal pop %..

If we had an unranked que to train for arenas, I would never que regs ever again.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

too many pops, especially considering the fact that it's the WZ in which most people are likely to ignore the win conditions.

please just kill quesh. it's always tdm at mid. ball travels right past it while 4-8 players blissfully ignore it.

please add arenas back to the regular queue or create a separate queue for them. it's asinine that the only rated form of pvp in this game is arenas, yet they are purposely demoted in the reg queue priority. (sorry, doing guild challenges or jerking off in your guild's stronghold isn't the same thing as grinding comms while pvping)

Edited by foxmob

It pops so often because they removed arenas from rotation and considering that we have 3 hball maps the odds of getting one are quite high despite having a normal pop %..

If we had an unranked que to train for arenas, I would never que regs ever again.

What? I get arena pops all the time. I literally got one this weekend on my sage. I guess it depends what time of day you are queueing.

But I agree with you -- an arena daily and ability to queue arena would be great for training & practice. But I guess that's what the preseason is for.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

What? I get arena pops all the time. I literally got one this weekend on my sage. I guess it depends what time of day you are queueing.

But I agree with you -- an arena daily and ability to queue arena would be great for training & practice. But I guess that's what the preseason is for.

At level 70 arenas are rare in prime time.. early morning and first part of the day you get them.

I can't help thinking that if BioWare had nurtured, supported and rewarded PVP-ers from the beginning, the game would be in far better shape, with so many PVPers, you could have queued only for the maps you liked.

But chronic underinvestment takes its toll.

If you dislike Huttball, ( and personally I'm okay with it) sadly the only winning move is not to play. :(

I can't help thinking that if BioWare had nurtured, supported and rewarded PVP-ers from the beginning, the game would be in far better shape, with so many PVPers, you could have queued only for the maps you liked.

But chronic underinvestment takes its toll.

If you dislike Huttball, ( and personally I'm okay with it) sadly the only winning move is not to play. :(

regs are cancer anyway. I've given up. and it pisses of the better yolo players, but w/e. at least yolos ppl generally try. you'll get better games in yolo. and frankly, if you want to control who's in your competitive pvp team, there's a q for that too. ;)

Edited by foxmob

regs are cancer anyway. I've given up. and it pisses of the better yolo players, but w/e. at least yolos ppl generally try. you'll get better games in yolo. and frankly, if you want to control who's in your competitive pvp team, there's a q for that too. ;)

Regs is pretty much a crapshoot - since the number of people in the queue aren't sufficient to make any decent go of matchmaking...... ( see previous point)

The thing with regs is that no-one cares, and TBH I'm more about having an enjoyable match these days than trying for a huge winning streak. - Since I'm only 1 person in 15 my contribution isn't gonna sway much if the other fifteen are better or worse, DM in mid, run for the objectives or over-extend..... or anything else.

Turn off brain and enjoy. no point getting hung up on the result as long as you feel you did your part.

:)

I’ve been saying this since Vandin HB dropped. There have been multiple threads now saying this same thing.

I still think the only way to do it is to group all HB maps as one type of map and when the system pops a HB, it then rolls again to decide with HB map.

This way we go back to a 7 map pop rotation where HB has a 1/7 chance to pop (instead of a 3/9 chance), the same as the other map types would have a 1/7 chance. You could go one step further and do the same with Yavin and Civil war because they are the same map type. That would bring the pop rotation down to 1/6 map types as the others are their own unique maps.

The next step would be adding arena back into the “normal” pop rotation during prime times under the same setup as the HB group. If it pops an Arena, then it rolls again to choose the map.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I just wish they’d left ranked 8 man in the game in some form and we wouldn’t have as many issues in regs because people might take it a bit more seriously if they ever intended to play ranked.

Adding Arena was good for people who only wanted pure death match combat, but it alienated a large swath of pvpers who enjoy larger strategy as well.

Of course ranked group was limited in participation, but really no different to how group Arena is limited in how many people play it.

What Bioware should have tried is a Yolo queue to go along with ranked group 8 man.

They could still have had Arena ranked too for combat people.

IMO, its sadly too late now to bring 8 man ranked back after so many years and a massively reduced population.

Dear Bioware,

I'd rather play Huttball on an endless loop all day every day than one single 4v4 arena.

Edited by Vember

Huttball is the best PVP map the game has to offer! Quesh Huttball is great too, I stopped playing regs so I dont have much experience with Vandin, but yeah, that one seems a bit overdone, but still huttball is always great!

Even yesterday I wanted to do the weekly conquest so I qued for regs knowing that its not prime time and I should be getting arenas. I got arenas, but also a few huttballs and they were awesome as always. I was on my Vanguard and pulling pulling people into fire, Hold the Line with ball to score etc. great games!

Dear Bioware,

I would play OG huttball all day long if I could. The other 2 huttball maps can go fly a kite though.

Compared to the 15 minutes of huttball, or voidstar, p-lease.

Beta player, sweety (like the rest of my guild.) You?!

What’s your point, it makes no sense?

And yes, I’m a launch player and been in a few top pvp guilds on the servers I’ve been on. When my last one up and quite due to 5.0, I gave up ever joining another again because most aren’t proper pvp guilds. Honestly, are there even pvp guilds anymore?

Compared to the 15 minutes of huttball, or voidstar, p-lease.

Beta player, sweety (like the rest of my guild.) You?!

The fact that you think being a beta player means anything in this thread is actually really funny and a bit cringeworthy. The way you’re saying it seems as if you’re gloating.

Honestly, are there even pvp guilds anymore?

I think the problem is that there isn’t a real goal when you create a PvP guild. Like if you create a Conquest guild you would have a goal of being top on the board. Or creating a PvE guild you would be focusing on hitting hard content. In a PvP guild you only really have to look forward to Team Ranked or just premading through Unranked. At most it just becomes a social guild for PvPers.

Edited by UltraFlashStar

What’s your point, it makes no sense?

And yes, I’m a launch player and been in a few top pvp guilds on the servers I’ve been on. When my last one up and quite due to 5.0, I gave up ever joining another again because most aren’t proper pvp guilds. Honestly, are there even pvp guilds anymore?

Omg, you make no sense. Look at what you actually wrote :rolleyes:

4 vs 4 has less trolling, overall, than your implied 15 minutes warzones, which wasn't a bright comment [period]

Mhmm, took long enough for your first post, 2016;)

*gives Rion_Starkiller another popcorn bag*

Edited by Willjb