Huttball

NewMhyst

Huttball is actually more fun than any other objective based map we have, to me of course. No one has to guard or run orbs, everyone has something to do at all times during the match. Heal the ball carrier, guard the ball carrier, get into position for a pass, contest mid to keep ball control, etc.

If they would just fix "The Pit" in both Classic and Vandin, Huttball would actually be more enjoyable. I do love playing them but it drives me crazy how easy it is to score.

A few changes that I think would make HB more interesting:

1) Enemy stealth are visible in your own endzone.

If you can't stop the ball carrier, at least you should be able to kill or knock off his receiver and make them go through the obstacles.

2) Ball carrier entering "The Pit" should take increased damage stacking over time.

Such as 1% per second or something. Removed when ball is passed.

3) No more Phase Walk placement past the enemy fire traps.

I hate this ability with a passion for objective play. It nullifies any map design or mechanic and now Bioware is giving it to another class.

4) Traps should be instakills.

No more rolling through traps, no more Rocket Out/Propulsion Round through traps, no more Bubble in trap. If you are the ball carrier and die in a trap, the ball should be reset. The shock traps in Vandin are good. Leave those as-is.

5) Holding the ball for long periods should reduce healing instead of instakilling.

Reduced healing received by ball carrier the longer they hold the ball. Such as 1% per second or something. Removed when ball is passed.

6) Restore movement speed of ball carrier to normal combat speed but disable movement speed abilities.

This way no class is better than any other at moving the ball and will incentivize people to pass more often.

De-sync issues aside, the most glaring problem with these 2 maps is how fast a team can score by simply running into the pit and tossing it up to a stealther who hasn't been noticed. A decently coordinated team of randoms can score in less than 20 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

6) Restore movement speed of ball carrier to normal combat speed but disable movement speed abilities.

This way no class is better than any other at moving the ball and will incentivize people to pass more often..

I doubt any of these adjustments will affect the main issue of players ignoring the objective and dpsing at mid, and

making it harder to move the ball will will actually discourage objective play.

however, except for item 6, I like the changes. I especially like the idea of limiting shenanigans in the end zone.

Omg, you make no sense. Look at what you actually wrote :rolleyes:

4 vs 4 has less trolling, overall, than your implied 15 minutes warzones, which wasn't a bright comment [period]

Mhmm, took long enough for your first post, 2016;)

*gives Rion_Starkiller another popcorn bag*

I’ve had two accounts :rolleyes:

Huttball is actually more fun than any other objective based map we have, to me of course. No one has to guard or run orbs, everyone has something to do at all times during the match. Heal the ball carrier, guard the ball carrier, get into position for a pass, contest mid to keep ball control, etc.

If they would just fix "The Pit" in both Classic and Vandin, Huttball would actually be more enjoyable. I do love playing them but it drives me crazy how easy it is to score.

A few changes that I think would make HB more interesting:

1) Enemy stealth are visible in your own endzone.

If you can't stop the ball carrier, at least you should be able to kill or knock off his receiver and make them go through the obstacles.

2) Ball carrier entering "The Pit" should take increased damage stacking over time.

Such as 1% per second or something. Removed when ball is passed.

3) No more Phase Walk placement past the enemy fire traps.

I hate this ability with a passion for objective play. It nullifies any map design or mechanic and now Bioware is giving it to another class.

4) Traps should be instakills.

No more rolling through traps, no more Rocket Out/Propulsion Round through traps, no more Bubble in trap. If you are the ball carrier and die in a trap, the ball should be reset. The shock traps in Vandin are good. Leave those as-is.

5) Holding the ball for long periods should reduce healing instead of instakilling.

Reduced healing received by ball carrier the longer they hold the ball. Such as 1% per second or something. Removed when ball is passed.

This way no class is better than any other at moving the ball and will incentivize people to pass more often.

De-sync issues aside, the most glaring problem with these 2 maps is how fast a team can score by simply running into the pit and tossing it up to a stealther who hasn't been noticed. A decently coordinated team of randoms can score in less than 20 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

I like these ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, just had 5 Vandin HB matches pop in a row. So far I’ve popped 8 times and more than half are one map. Not even other HB.

Now I know why I took a break from playing PvP. Good (BAD) to see nothing’s changed :(

And Bioware wonder why people aren’t playing properly and have stopped pvping or left the game

• 3 weeks later...

I used to like Huttball but now groan whenever I load into one. I think that is now where most players are at. You can see it in the objective play, which has taken a nose dive since Vandin released. Most teams don't even make an attempt to get the ball now.

The pop rate needs to be adjusted so that all of the Huttball maps are counted as one while the system does it's internal dice roll, and then just have the system select at random one of the Huttball maps if that game mode "wins."

Also, no new Huttball maps. Ever.

If Bioware thinks about about rolling out a new warzone that is similar to existing ones, take a gander at Ancient Hypergate please. That match type has fun objective play *AND* kills are objectives. Everyone wins.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• 2 months later...
Huttball is awesome....

it's the players that are crap...

if you don't like hutball you're bad

That's a rather conceited way of looking at the situation, don't you think? It is, after all, perfectly reasonable to think someone can be good at something but not enjoy it.

Huttball is awesome....

it's the players that are crap...

if you don't like hutball you're bad

Oh yeah. We are back to L2P now?

Go try to eat something you love everyday in enormous amounts and in a few months tell me where is your love gone. :p

That's a rather conceited way of looking at the situation, don't you think? It is, after all, perfectly reasonable to think someone can be good at something but not enjoy it.

Well put Kendra.

I don’t enjoy it anymore because of a massive list of reasons. But I used to love original Hutt ball and even advocated for a Hutt ball league while we still had 8 v 8 ranked,

I actually think I’m well above average when it comes to Hutt Ball. The fact that I no longer enjoy it doesn’t instantly remove my skill at playing it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I haven't seen more than a couple people that are good at it since I came back... so I'm making a judgement based on observable statistics from the hundreds of matches I've played in the last month or so... Player base is overwhelmingly bad, so no... it's highly unlikely someone is good at it and doesn't enjoy it.

STATISTICS YAY!

Well, I haven't seen more than a couple people that are good at it since I came back... so I'm making a judgement based on observable statistics from the hundreds of matches I've played in the last month or so... Player base is overwhelmingly bad, so no... it's highly unlikely someone is good at it and doesn't enjoy it.

STATISTICS YAY!

We often leave as soon as HB pops because we no longer enjoy it. That’s probably why you don’t see many.