Cartel Market too Expensive?

vingmotor

I wouldn't say too expensive. The cartel market is mostly optional, shiny cosmetic stuff no one needs to buy.

If people will pay for it, then it's not overpriced. SWTOR is a business, and anyone who wants to give them money for fancy shinies is helping their bottom line.

Personally I look for cheaper alternatives. For weapons in particular the cartel ones are inferior to the in-game legacy bound ones you can get.

what you guys think?

4800 for ultimate mandalorian set with guns?

i mean thats alot of real life money.

Yes to some, no too others.

People have commented here lots of times about the 'hundreds' they drop on CC's, so to them it's not.

ME, i used the small few I get from subbing every now and then, and use them, but that's it, so to me it is.

But as the other psoter says, if you play long enough, and subbed, you can buy anything you want from the gtn.

But it's all shinies , nothing more, they aren't needed, just fun to play with.

Definitely. That is the reason why i'm big in the crafting business. My collection sits currently at 97% and i spend the last real life money outside my subscription 5 years ago. I buy everything with credits. gg ez

Pretty much the same myself, except I play the market, instead of crafting, I haven't bought CC's since they first started, just use my subs, security keys ones, and the occasional ones from ref links. Usually keeps me going so I can buy the decos as soon as they are out, as for everything else I use the gtn.

*Just to note, the cost of some of the stuff does seem crazy to me, but then again, if it was something I really wanted....I'd probably just say **** it, and get them...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

It costed me 62$ for it , as a Canadian our currency is really bad because of the pandemic which has led me to pay 2x the price on all cartel coin packages and subscription. Subscription costed me 24$ and a 5500 cc pack costed 62$ and change. Almost double over all cost Americans pay:mad::mad::mad:

what you guys think?

I think it's too expensive. $40 US for a set of cosmetic armor is a bit much. But then again, it's all relative to how much money you can afford etc. After all, you can easily spend much more than that to go watch the latest pop-star's concert for a couple of hours, or take you and a partner to a movie (with snacks). And, since you can't go to a concert or movie at this time, .... 🙂

It costed me 62$ for it , as a Canadian our currency is really bad because of the pandemic which has led me to pay 2x the price on all cartel coin packages and subscription. Subscription costed me 24$ and a 5500 cc pack costed 62$ and change. Almost double over all cost Americans pay:mad::mad::mad:

Spoken by someone who doesn't understand the concept of exchange rates.

To put it simply - theoretically it should take a Canadian roughly the same length of time to earn $1.30 CDN as it takes an American to earn $1.00 US. (the current exchange rate - $1.30 cdn = $1.00 us. Other factors may apply.)

People seem to get confused because both are called "dollars". There's less confusion when you have things like $1.00 USD = 104 JPY (Japanese yen) - it's not that things cost 100 times more in Japan. 😀

The rest of the difference is mainly due to taxes. These taxes can vary from province to province and state to state.

what you guys think?

Given the number of toons I see running around in that gear, there are obviously a lot of people who do not think it is too expensive, and that is the metric that EA are going to use when deciding the price points for Cartel Market stuff.

Personally, I am not 100% sold on it, even though I bought the gear set. But as I have more CCs than things I want to unlock with CCs, it was worth it to satisfy my curiosity, even if it does make my latest BH sound like Mickey Mouse after going through adolescence, and make her look like just another member of a Mandalorian legion.

I mostly look in the gtn for stuff and normally only buy dyes in the CC (love Honorable General and Underworld Boss), since I do make a lot of credits by selling stuff on the gtn, so basically have a lot more credits than cc. But if I'm after a specific armor and have saved up some cc, I watch those armors in the cartel market until they are on sale, since some of them are insanely expensive in the gtn (*coughSateleShancough*).

I mostly look in the gtn for stuff and normally only buy dyes in the CC (love Honorable General and Underworld Boss), since I do make a lot of credits by selling stuff on the gtn, so basically have a lot more credits than cc. But if I'm after a specific armor and have saved up some cc, I watch those armors in the cartel market until they are on sale, since some of them are insanely expensive in the gtn (*coughSateleShancough*).

if you watch the gtn, you'll see some of the armours coming down, the satele shan armour come down by a huge amount of SF for a while. Haven't checked recently, but was going for about 10 - 15 million a few weeks ago.

Markets charge what customers can bear. A full-on retreat by customers, overly sensitive to the CM's prices, obviously hasn't happened, as evidenced by the market's continued sustained prices.

If people want the prices to come down, don't come to the forums and complain.

Stop buying.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Markets charge what customers can bear. A full-on retreat by customers, overly sensitive to the CM's prices, obviously hasn't happened, as evidenced by the market's continued sustained prices.

If people want the prices to come down, don't come to the forums and complain.

Stop buying.

Exactly. I stopped buying hypercrates a while back, when they were about 150 Mill. Now they are nearly 400 mill. I instead just buy the stuff I like, and if I want the fun of opening a crate, I just use my built up collection of CC's.